Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: V-Trigger Shooting mechanism 'grinding'

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: V-Trigger Shooting mechanism 'grinding'

You can contact Juno at bidservice (see this thread Domo Arigato Juno...and Kenchan) or regesiter with FJ (see this thread Bidding with FromJapan)
    Other services are availible
    Shipping is the expensive bit, Price- No idea maybe $50-$75. But it depends how quick you want it. Can have it sent EMS and you can get it in a few days (depending on customs) But thats the most expensive (less you go for fedex)
    Ian #UKPachinko

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    You can contact Juno at bidservice (see this thread Domo Arigato Juno...and Kenchan) or regesiter with FJ (see this thread Bidding with FromJapan)
    Other services are availible
    Shipping is the expensive bit, Price- No idea maybe $50-$75. But it depends how quick you want it. Can have it sent EMS and you can get it in a few days (depending on customs) But thats the most expensive (less you go for fedex)
    Exactly the information I need. Thanks again!

Fingers are crossed shipping won't be too terrible!
    My Pachinkos: Freddy vs Jason, Rave, Titanic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Juno is a good guy to do business with. I've used him on numerous occasions.

If you were to get it for the 1000 yen stated, I would to guess on a total price including Juno's fees, bank fees, Paypal, and EMS shipping (if you choose fast delivery), the total would be right around $100 for that particular lot of pieces. Fees and shipping really kill you on low priced items.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got some questions regarding the shooter:

1. Can you move the shooter arm, (the one with the spring on the end that strikes the ball) like it would normally move? Or is it stuck?
    If it is stuck, then perhaps something is jammed in the pivot of the shooter arm. Something unlikely, but possible is that the spring at the end is bent, and catching on the ball stop.

2. Can you spin the stepper motor in either direction by hand? Or is that stuck?
    The stepper motor should freely spin. It spins a cam that works a lever, or stud on the shooter arm. There should be a roller at this contact and that roller should spin freely.

3. When you hear the grinding noise, is it a cyclic grind (grind-grind-grind) like with the rotation of a shaft, or is a constant grind (ggggrrrriiiinnnndddd)?
    If cyclic, then the problem could be a binding as the motor shaft turns, or something caught or wrong with gear teeth meshing. If a constant grind, when stepper motors are stalled (too much torque to turn) they make a grinding type sound.

4. Have you tried operating the shooter while it is outside of the pachinko? Have you been able to observe where the grinding noise is coming from?
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I purchased a couple of ball lifters through Juno. These were my shipping choices for two lifters (significantly bulkier and heavier): Int'l Shipping: EMS 114USD 2-3days, SAL 105USD 2weeks, SURFACE 62USD 2month

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mandoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    I got some questions regarding the shooter:

1. Can you move the shooter arm, (the one with the spring on the end that strikes the ball) like it would normally move? Or is it stuck?
    If it is stuck, then perhaps something is jammed in the pivot of the shooter arm. Something unlikely, but possible is that the spring at the end is bent, and catching on the ball stop.

2. Can you spin the stepper motor in either direction by hand? Or is that stuck?
    The stepper motor should freely spin. It spins a cam that works a lever, or stud on the shooter arm. There should be a roller at this contact and that roller should spin freely.

3. When you hear the grinding noise, is it a cyclic grind (grind-grind-grind) like with the rotation of a shaft, or is a constant grind (ggggrrrriiiinnnndddd)?
    If cyclic, then the problem could be a binding as the motor shaft turns, or something caught or wrong with gear teeth meshing. If a constant grind, when stepper motors are stalled (too much torque to turn) they make a grinding type sound.

4. Have you tried operating the shooter while it is outside of the pachinko? Have you been able to observe where the grinding noise is coming from?

1. yes that piece moves fine

2. Not sure but I will try it when I get home from work

3. It's a constant grind (gggrrrriiiiinnnnddd)

4. It's definitely coming from the the area behind the white arm and gears

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Adding to the thread in response to #3, it doesn't appear I can manually turn it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Adding to the thread in response to #3, it doesn't appear I can manually turn it.
    Do you mean #2, you cannot manually turn the stepper motor?

If so, then remove the stepper motor from the shooter assembly, and see if you can manually turn it. If yes, then there is something jaming the rotation of the stepper motor cam. If you cannot turn it, then there is something very wrong with the stepper motor. If there are vent holes on the motor, a screw might have fallen inside, jamming things up.

Can you provide a picture of the shooter assembly with the motor removed, and a picture of the motor with the cam?
    Thanks
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2