Thread: Newbie. Just acquired 3 machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie. Just acquired 3 machines.

Hello. I was given 3 pachinko machines a week ago and quickly found your group on-line. While I've read many threads on PachiTalk, I wanted to share a few photographs and solicit advice.

Although I played pachinko as a teen, I soon realized that I don't know much about the machines, especially re cleaning, repair, and restoration. Any help to shorten my research time would be greatly appreciated.

The 3 machines are: Nishihin Super Deluxe It's a Beautiful Day (Sophia), Masamura Ultora (that I played as a kid at my friend's house), and the old Ginpa. There are also about 10 pounds of balls, 10% of which are quite rusty. I have given the 2 newer machines a minor cleaning, based on your on-line threads but am not yet ready to start restoration. I'm anxious to get going as my friend has 10 more that he wants to give (unload on) me.

Thanks for the advice that you've already posted, for your site, and in advance for any further information that you can provide.DSC03617.jpgDSC03625.jpgDSC03629.jpgDSC03646.jpgDSC03650.jpgDSC03654.jpg

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to M32003

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie. Just acquired 3 machines.

Welcome Those look like nice machines. You will find lots of advice and help here. I am fairly new myself so I won't be of much help as much as I would like to but there are many here who will soon be replying with some advice. My only advice I can give is that you should take lots of pictures if you take apart and take some of the full machine then some close ups. I made the mistake thinking close up was best but then I could not tell at times where that close up was. Good luck!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk!

Quote Originally Posted by M32003 View Post
    ... and the old Ginpa. DSC03650.jpgDSC03654.jpg

The funny-looking 'p' is actually a 'z' - the name is 'Ginza' like the red-light district in Tokyo.

Cheers!
    "Knowledge is good." - Emil Faber

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ballsofsteel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I should have guessed that. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk

Well it looks like you have a 1973 Nishijin Model B (Challice) ; About a 1972-73 Masamura; and a 1950's Ginza single shot.

The Masamura is an odd find. I think they were working in partnership of something with Kyoraku as I own a Kyoraku Sun406 that is exactly the same on the front (different plastic colors). Though I have liked how Masamura used all blue on the front.

Here is a pic of my Kyoraku.
    ball hopper, machine rack, other machine 004.jpg

For the most part all your machines look complete. (though the Ginza seems a little rough) But the chrome on your Nishijin is fantastic!

If you have any other questions just let us know. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max
    Last edited by mxfaiman; 12-27-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: messed up smiley :)

100 machines and counting...

11. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk and the Pachinko enthusiast community!!

You have found the best resource on the internet and around the world to help you with your Pachinko machines. There is a "sticky" post in our Vintage Pachinko forum that should provide you with the basic information and shortcuts you are seeking with regard to cleaning and restoring your new machines. I have attached a link to jump you to it:
    Tips for Cleaning Your Vintage Pachinko Machine

As you may have already noticed, we are a very friendly and helpful bunch and we really like to pitch in and help/encourage others with fixing and restoring these wonderful machines. Please keep posting your questions and allow us time to respond with our experiences and advice. All we ask in return is that you post pictures - LOTS of pictures - as that is our fee for the help and advice we provide.

Again, welcome to the PachiTalk family! We are thrilled that you joined the forum and posted about your beautiful Pachinko machines.

~Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

13. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by M32003 View Post
    , Masamura Ultora (that I played as a kid at my friend's house), DSC03629.jpgDSC03646.jpg
    you have a nice starter collection there

dont think i have seen more then one of any of the Masamura... i like the wildly different back on it..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice trio of machines. I especially like the Ginza and have never seen a Masamura, it's a nice looking machine front and back. I could be wrong but is the Masamura missing a plastic cover on the back where the balls would dump into the lower tray? There also looks like something missing where winning balls enter the front tray and a jackpot mechanism cover. Very nice find on all three machines.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to whitedawg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PT!!!

Somebody wants to give you 10 machines? I'm moving to Nashville.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, the friend who had one (the Masamura) when we were kids started collecting them a decade ago and planned restoration, etc. Then, they moved from a big house in IL to FL and put them into storage. Now that they are planning to move again, he just wants to get them out of the way. They passed through just before x-mas and brought these 3. After fiddling w/ them for several days, I told him that I got the bug, and he said "good, I have 10 more for you". I see some major projects coming.

As for missing components, I'm not sure and will have to look more closely. At the moment, I have all of the removable plastic covers off in an attempt to clean them (not particularly successful). I had the tray off of the Masamura because my buddy let it fall over, and the ball tray broke. I glued it back together, but there are some pieces missing.

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. I appreciate your generosity because I'm going to have a lot of questions.

21. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to M32003

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to PachiTalk! Love the Ginza machine! The top tray can be fixed by any place that works with sheetmetal. If you look at heating and air places, look for an OLD established place with an old timer who has likely fabricated ducts from scratch. I am sure that most places now hire high school kids that only assemble Leggo like kits, and are stumped...and have to call a supervisor when they reach an obstacle which they have no pre fabricated parts to get around! If you can hammer most of it straight before taking it somewhere, you will likely have better results. People are busy...and lazy, so if you can get it to where soldering is all that is necessary, less money and less rejection. I have attempted the soldering myself with less than desirable results. No time to look for pics , but if I have any they will be here: Comicgo is on her way back! You will also see that I sanded the frame and rubbed it with boiled linseed oil as the finish. boiled linseed oil 001.jpg Not original...but looks GREAT!

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Max, take some pics of the back of your Kyoraku. M32003's looks to be missing some parts. Ball dump chute, for one, but more important is where the jackpot balls roll out to the front tray! I love that the back is different from others...but makes finding parts difficult...or impossible. might have to get good with Plexiglass, a heat gun and epoxy!

25. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
    The funny-looking 'p' is actually a 'z' - the name is 'Ginza' like the red-light district in Tokyo.
    I have to disagree, the Ginza was far from being a re-light district when I was there. The area was a showcase for Japanese manufacturers, upscale shops, office buildings, and fine restaurants. I did not see any "Love Motels". On Sunday, the street was closed and there was a festival atmosphere. Thousands of people were walking the Ginza Dori, and tables and chairs were set up in the street by the restaurants to accommodate the additional patronage. It all seemed on the level and family friendly. That was almost 30 years ago, and perhaps times have changed.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Max, take some pics of the back of your Kyoraku. M32003's looks to be missing some parts.

I think they are completely different in that regard.

ball hopper, machine rack, other machine 038.jpg

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Max, take some pics of the back of your Kyoraku. M32003's looks to be missing some parts. Ball dump chute, for one, but more important is where the jackpot balls roll out to the front tray! I love that the back is different from others...but makes finding parts difficult...or impossible. might have to get good with Plexiglass, a heat gun and epoxy!
    your right when i looked at this post the other day i was in a bit of a hurry.. there are allot of parts missing... as is the machine will not payout correctly.. all balls will be dumped out back
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Fever Hunter Super Dave Osbourne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great to hear, the bug is now going immediately from 3 to 13 games, and more for you. Hope you enjoy fiddling, and have a understanding spouse Welcome to PT.