Thread: Comet II paying out to wrong tray

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Comet II paying out to wrong tray

Hi,

I am in the final stages of restoring my comet II and just got it all back together and right away ran into an issue. It is paying out only to the lower tray. No idea what is wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Comet II paying out to wrong tray

There is a piece in there wrong, this video might help. Piece is white, should be positioned with voids facing out. Should be at 9:30 position...

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Comet II paying out to wrong tray

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post

There is a piece in there wrong, this video might help. Piece is white, should be positioned with voids facing out. Should be at 9:30 position...
    Carl, thank you. That was the issue. I had it on right as I watched your video when putting it back together but it must have slipped of that little peg that holds it at 9:30 when putting the cover on. I do have another issue though. I was only dropping balls into pockets when I had found that issue. Now I tried to shoot a ball and it hardly goes up and does not make it to the playfield. I tried tightening the spring by putting on another hole on the adjustment piece but still same issue where that was not an issue before. Any ideas?

thanks!

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are photos to see if you see something wrong. Thx!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

is the spring on the end of the shooter still??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    is the spring on the end of the shooter still??
    yes it's still there. Are these 2 wires/rods not set right? I pulled the flipper down in the pic to show you.

Thanks,
    mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Re: Comet II paying out to wrong tray

That is not a problem I have seen very often. So, guessing. Did you take the shooting handle apart? The double nuts might be too tight?

Where the spring passes above the bottom end that leads to the front bottom tray (grey plastic in your picture); is it possible the spring is binding there?

Also, in your picture there is a wire bent the wrong way; it's not a big deal because it is part of the overfill lock out mechanism and rarely will it overfill. I thought you may have done that intentionally.

imageCW2.JPG

11. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That last picture looks ok; it could be adjusted a tiny bit more if you are having issues with pachinko ball loading. But your problem is the shooting handle has no force, correct?

If you unhook the spring, does the handle move freely or very stiff? It should move freely.

Also thought, could be the pachinko ball is only loading partially in. My experience; it either loads or won't but who knows!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That last picture looks ok; it could be adjusted a tiny bit more if you are having issues with pachinko ball loading. But your problem is the shooting handle has no force, correct?

If you unhook the spring, does the handle move freely or very stiff? It should move freely.

Also thought, could be the pachinko ball is only loading partially in. My experience; it either loads or won't but who knows!
    Thanks Carl! It was the nut too tight. Now shooting correctly. Thank you! What was the overfill wire issue? I am not sure how to fix it. Thanks!

Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In the red oval is a wire. It should be bent toward the front of the machine. You can tell how its range of motion by moving it back and forth.

If an overfill condition occurred; it would push the white piece up and to the left in the picture; preventing pachinko balls from loading. Not a big deal.

Did you replace the playfield on this machine? It looked brand new !!!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In the red oval is a wire. It should be bent toward the front of the machine. You can tell how its range of motion by moving it back and forth.

If an overfill condition occurred; it would push the white piece up and to the left in the picture; preventing pachinko balls from loading. Not a big deal.

Did you replace the playfield on this machine? It looked brand new !!!
    Thanks Carl I will take a look at the wire. And yes I replaced it. It is the machine I started restoring but stopped to do my nephews machine. All I really have left is to do the wiring which I will ask some questions on after Christmas as no time to wire now and then replace the glass. It is cracked and scratched. I will pick up a piece this week after the holiday. I will build a cabinet in the spring.

I will take some pictures and post them with some before shots shortly. It is a little different

thanks again,
    Mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Comet II paying out to wrong tray

Comet II 06 No.jpg

One way to connect to the wiring terminals is to use crimp connectors. They seem to have just the right amount of friction to stay connected, surprisingly. Just pushed onto post (no crimp on post end). I don't remember polarity; but it doesn't matter with incandescent bulbs. Connect to TOP two posts. If the lights work ok; you can use the crimp connectors or take apart and connect directly to the wires...

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Comet II 06 No.jpg

One way to connect to the wiring terminals is to use crimp connectors. They seem to have just the right amount of friction to stay connected, surprisingly. Just pushed onto post (no crimp on post end). I don't remember polarity; but it doesn't matter with incandescent bulbs. Connect to TOP two posts. If the lights work ok; you can use the crimp connectors or take apart and connect directly to the wires...
    Thank you that is great. I will try the crimp connectors. It would be great not to have to take apart. Thanks again!

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad