Thread: New to Pachislo, Picked Wai Pulsar, Liberty Bell IV, and Heat. What Did I Buy?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New to Pachislo, Picked Wai Pulsar, Liberty Bell IV, and Heat. What Did I Buy?

Hi all,
    I am a pinball collector who decided to gamble on some Pachislo slots at auction. The games were missing power cords probably broken. I picked up a Heat, Liberty Bell IV, and Wai Pulsar. I have some questions What Did I get and what are they worth working? Who makes them? Where can I get some manuals/Schematics? How Do I drill out the locks?

Thanks in advance,
    ~Paul
    Flint, MI

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to Pachislo, Picked Wai Pulsar, Liberty Bell IV, and Heat. What Did I Bu

Wai Pulsar is made by Yamasa, in 1996. Heat is also made by Yamasa, in 1998. Really don't know about Liberty Bell. Pictures would help.

To gain access to your machines, there should be a hole in the bottom you can reach in and unlatch the door. I've found the "missing keys" inside locked machines before.

Image (8).jpg

Once you have the door open you can see what you got. (This would be a good time to take some pictures of the inside and post them here.) These machines operate on 24V. The 110V cord,(that's been cut), needs to connect to a 24V transformer then the transformer is connected to the Power Supply. DO NOT CONNECT 110V TO THE POWER SUPPLY!!!

Once the door is open you can remove the locks and de-pin them. That way any key that fits into the lock will open it. Also you need a key to do resets and change odds. That is what we call a "reset key", it goes into the power supply. If you are missing that key also, you can replace the keyed switch with a toggle switch.

Image (10).jpgImage (12).jpgImage (11).jpg

There are only general information manuals for these machines. Here a link to one. http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...ion_Manual.pdf

Once you get powered up they will most likely need reset. Here's some info on how to do that.

Changing Odds & Full Reset.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to Pachislo, Picked Wai Pulsar, Liberty Bell IV, and Heat. What Did I Bu

Thanks Wayne,
    I got the Pulsar to work. Fun Game. Trying to figure out what is going on with the heat. I think it might be a fuse. Where are all of the fuses on the game? What are these games worth?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

make sure they are running on 24 volts, some don't need transformers and some do depenting on the power supply box
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are several different power supplies used in Yamasa machines. The fuses are in the power supply. Take a look at the picture and find your power supply for the fuse location. There is also a fuse in the stop board, located right of the reels, but that fuse would only effect the reels not stopping.

Yamasa5.jpg

???Worth??? That's just a matter of opinion. Whatever you can get for them. There is no price guide to go by. So, whatever they are worth to you.

Being you can buy a machine from a dealer for $300-$400 with 500 tokens, both keys and a warranty, loaded with Bonus features, large LCD screens and some with antimat-ronics. (My opinion, I wouldn't pay more than $50 or $60.)
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Liberty Bell IV is Universal Pachislo.