Hi everyone! I am the new, brief owner of a 1998 Thunder slot, made by Macy. I purchased this off CL as a Christmas gift for my parents...but it is having a problem somewhere with the tokens, I think...

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason when the "Cr" error comes on - seems like most of the times it's when we win, and it should be spitting out tokens (sometimes it works fine, though). Other times it happens when we simply put a coin it. We do a soft reset to get the song to stop playing, and within a matter of a few minutes, it's happening again. We haven't been able to play for more than a couple minutes without it displaying the error.

Thanks to the posters here, I tried a few great suggestions from other threads - we've taken out the coin hopper...everything seems fine there. We've cleaned the photo sensor, and we've taken the magnet out where the tokens go in (sorry, I don't know a lot of the technical terms for the machine!). But I do know that I have about a week to get this sucker fixed - I really don't want to give my parents a busted machine!!!

Is there anything else I should try? I read somewhere about a hard reset, but that honestly terrifies me - I don't want to make anything worse!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

Lulu