Thread: Heiwa kogoyo kk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Heiwa kogoyo kk

Anyone who knows,

I have a Pachinko game that I have had since I was 7 or 8 years old. My Dad brought it over to the US in 1965-66 from Japan when he was in the Navy. I use to play with it without the lights when I was young. I have stored it for almost 50 years. I recently came across it as I was purging my storage. I would just like some info on it. I have been searching the internet and haven't come across one that looks like this. I have a handful of balls left but am afraid to try it out. I have to replace the glass in the front anyway as it broke many years ago. I have no idea if it is worth restoring or if I should sell it because it would cost to much to fix. It has surface rust and is dusty but the parts look good. Not sure what my options would be. I think my grandkids would have fun with it if it was fixed. But it is just one more thing on my list. Any suggestions? I will try to post photos.

Thanks,
    Cheryl Simons
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to simonize46

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Heiwa kogoyo kk

to PACHITALK! Beautiful machine! I have one with the same name...looks similar on the front. But very different on the back! Cant tell you much more than I have said here:Heiwa kogyo.k.k Yours looks older than mine...but probably not much, as it it a single shot machine. You have to load one ball at a time. Kind of like a single shot firearm as opposed to a semi automatic. How many balls do you have? You can test it with as few as about 30. But you will need about 300 to 500 to play...the more the merrier! Take some closer pics of the front and back, especially parts that you have questions about. We have many knowledgeable and friendly members that will be glad to help you!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!

I know why you don't want to play it. You're afraid of waking up that spider up by the stickers.

Full blown restorations are really big jobs, but if you just want to make it playable, it shouldn't take much to get it going. Unless there are pieces bent, broken, or missing, there's not a whole lot to go wrong. It does look like it could use a good cleaning (and spider eviction). I see dirt on the playfield, but the pictures aren't close enough to see if there is any water staining. If you have a wood worker in the family, a cabinet or stand to sit it on the table or hang it on the wall would be a good thing. Pachinkos usually have two panes of glass, but depending on the age of your grand kids, you might want to make the outer one acrylic (plexiglass) for safety reasons. Some closer pictures of the back would be helpful.

A good looking machine. The colors are surprising bright considering its age. It looks like all the wiring is there if you want to try to light it up. Looks like a fun machine.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like a good machine from what i can see..

the balls that are in the shooter tray look to be rusted and junk.. i would not use them based on what i see in the pic.. balls are easy to find on e-bay..

a few better closer pics of the back to show detail would be great.

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome and nice machine. Everybody here is very helpful and you will receive lots of advice and help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by browne92 View Post
    Welcome to PachiTalk!

I know why you don't want to play it. You're afraid of waking up that spider up by the stickers.
    OK now I am going to have a nightmare tonight. I always wake up and think I see spiders coming down from the ceiling. This will be enough to start one tonight...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice single-shot machine! I'm intrigued by the photo of the back, as it appears to have "Model A"/recycler mechanics, which I usually only see on Nishijin-manufactured machines.

The single-shot machines are rarer than the auto-loaders, since the single-shots were made before the machines were imported to the US in quantity.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfDelmar View Post
    Nice single-shot machine! I'm intrigued by the photo of the back, as it appears to have "Model A"/recycler mechanics, which I usually only see on Nishijin-manufactured machines.

The single-shot machines are rarer than the auto-loaders, since the single-shots were made before the machines were imported to the US in quantity.
    I am intrigued by the back as well!That is why I guessed, (operative word...GUESSED) that it is older than mine! I have a NON NISHIJIN recycler myself.I had never seen one like this...so I had to have it! The Heiwa appeals to me because it is like mine...AND a Model A! Beautiful machine!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I am intrigued by the back as well!That is why I guessed, (operative word...GUESSED) that it is older than mine! I have a NON NISHIJIN recycler myself.I had never seen one like this...so I had to have it! The Heiwa appeals to me because it is like mine...AND a Model A! Beautiful machine!

I hope the attachments came through. Not sure if I'm going to keep this yet. Is it worth my precious time and money? Still thinking on it.