Thread: Possible problem with early modern..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Possible problem with early modern..

I have a possible problem with an early modern Monako Super Star 2 seen here

It seems like it isn't paying out correctly. I don't use this machine often (I think my Vintage machine is a lot more fun) so knowing exactly how it operates is foreign to me, it just doesn't seem right.

When you hit a pocket, the see-saw dumps your payout. Should the see-saw reset right after the dump?

I ask this because it for one doesn't reset every time, two when I manually reset the see-saw it feels like its sticking.. It should just be gravity and the weight of the balls that resets it right?

If your all as confused as me I will post pics, just lemme know.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Possible problem with early modern..

Quote Originally Posted by 6of1 View Post

When you hit a pocket, the see-saw dumps your payout. Should the see-saw reset right after the dump?

I ask this because it for one doesn't reset every time, two when I manually reset the see-saw it feels like its sticking.. It should just be gravity and the weight of the balls that resets it right? ...
    The see saw should reset right after the dump? Within 2 seconds or so, yes.

The weight of the reward balls push down a large lever, that large lever lifts the see saw back up. There is not much resistance but there is some to resetting the seesaw. A lot of the importers would tie a yellow string to the see saw. One would pull the string to reset the seesaw manually. There are a lot of things that could be sticky with your machine, could be a remnant of a yellow string!

Your machine is based upon the model C. Although it looks very intimidating; the electronics were overlaid and "should" be easily unplugged and pulled off. Then, the entire back mechanism "should" be easily removable by squeezing the yellow plastic locks. This would allow you to see the see saw area from both sides.

You could also remove the big, clear, plastic box with the two ribbon cables. Underneath it is the green plastic cover to remove (shaped like a crooked "L"); take out those fasteners to see the see saw and the big lever. See if anything is bent or sticky.

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CarlW