Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does this look like all parts are there? Nishijin A

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Does this look like all parts are there? Nishijin A

Hi,

I am going to look at a machine but wanted to know if it looks like everything is here before I go. I asked the seller to send me pictures. Can you tell me if this looks complete?

thanks,
    Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Does this look like all parts are there? Nishijin A

Mike,

From what I see, that machine looks pretty darn complete. Even the covers that are typically missing on most Model A machines are there. The leaf switch is even straight and in good condition. I say she is a keeper!

What does the front look like?

~Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

6. The following user says "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yup, she looks good!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks all! That is good news, I am going tomorrow to get it. The pics of the front are not very good so not sure what to expect, this is the pics of the front.

Hopefully it's good

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking 71 Nishijin Model A Tokyo.

I don't see anything missing on it. And even the lights work!

100 machines and counting...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Nice looking 71 Nishijin Model A Tokyo.

I don't see anything missing on it. And even the lights work!
    thanks. Is Tokyo the name of the model? I don't know anything about it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtoad View Post
    thanks. Is Tokyo the name of the model? I don't know anything about it.
    Tokyo is the factory it came out of. During 71 and probably till 74-75 Nishijin had 2 factories one in Tokyo and the other in Osaka. (some say it is Kyoto but it doesn't make much sense if you put one and one together.)

15. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Tokyo is the factory it came out of. During 71 and probably till 74-75 Nishijin had 2 factories one in Tokyo and the other in Osaka. (some say it is Kyoto but it doesn't make much sense if you put one and one together.)
    Thanks! I really know nothing even though I have owned a pachinko machine for nearly 40 years.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pretty clean machine for something from early '70s Since the covers that are usually missing are still there...it is a god chance that everything behind them is intact! And probably pretty clean also. Looks like the two outer pockets open the bottom tulip. I can't really tell...but looks like a center hit, or side entry into the open top tulip bypasses the lower tulip. You can see the outer tulips are just a bit higher than the lower tulip. The ball rolls on the green track behind the cell to be dropped into the lower tulip from behind, opening it. If top tulip is closed, only way to open it is through the center. If open you can hit it from the side. But from the back you can see that a green V funnels the ball into the square channel BYPASSING the lower tulip! Like a built in ripoff. Looks like a great machine! I would go for it! They all need cleaning, but this one is not as dirty as most. Can't tell from the pics, but maybe light water stains around the top 4 nails. Rust stain on the glass. No problem...but WHY? Chrome looks good. If the price is right, I don't see any reason not to get it.Take some balls and play it! Looks like the ball dump is closed, seesaw is up, no ball jam! This baby looks ready to play! Of course you are just testing it at this point...it needs cleaned before really playing!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 12-06-2013 at 12:01 AM.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Pretty clean machine for something from early '70s Since the covers that are usually missing are still there...it is a god chance that everything behind them is intact! And probably pretty clean also. Looks like the two outer pockets open the bottom tulip. I can't really tell...but looks like a center hit, or side entry into the open top tulip bypasses the lower tulip. You can see the outer tulips are just a bit higher than the lower tulip. The ball rolls on the green track behind the cell to be dropped into the lower tulip from behind, opening it. If top tulip is closed, only way to open it is through the center. If open you can hit it from the side. But from the back you can see that a green V funnels the ball into the square channel BYPASSING the lower tulip! Like a built in ripoff. Looks like a great machine! I would go for it! They all need cleaning, but this one is not as dirty as most. Can't tell from the pics, but maybe light water stains around the top 4 nails. Rust stain on the glass. No problem...but WHY? Chrome looks good. If the price is right, I don't see any reason not to get it.Take some balls and play it! Looks like the ball dump is closed, seesaw is up, no ball jam! This baby looks ready to play! Of course you are just testing it at this point...it needs cleaned before really playing!
    Thanks for all the info! I really have no clue what I am looking at to be honest. . This will be my 3rd purchase in about 2 weeks, one of which I am not sure what I am doing as there was some unexpected damage. One of them will be the first to be cleaned as I want to give to my nephew for Christmas. He was here a couple of weeks ago and playing my pinball machine I just finished restoring and loved it. They do not have room for pinball (nor can I afford to get him one) and I think he will love pachinko. My current restoration will go on hold until I complete his as I am going to need to get done in a few weeks. Wish me luck. ;-).

Thanks again!
    Mike

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you familiar with Model A's? They are a bit more intimidating than Model B's. So many rods and linkages! This EXCELLENT animation by SteveFury is worth a watch. Nishijin Technical Animation

22. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you familiar with Model A's? They are a bit more intimidating than Model B's. So many rods and linkages! This EXCELLENT animation by SteveFury is worth a watch. Nishijin Technical Animation
    No I am not familiar at all. My one and only I have played is a Sanyo comet II. I will check that out now thank you! I will need all the help I can get

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just finished watching. Lots of stuff going on there. I hope all goes well and the machine is in my hands tomorrow.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hope all goes well and the machine is in my hands tomorrow.
    Cover him!! He's going in!!

Between your mechanical abilities and the knowledge from this group, I don't think you'll have a problem.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by browne92 View Post
    Cover him!! He's going in!!

Between your mechanical abilities and the knowledge from this group, I don't think you'll have a problem.
    The knowledge here yes, my abilities are still up in the air. We shall see how I do... But thank you for the vote of confidence Bill!

I picked it up this morning. It is not currently working. The balls are not making it to the jackpot area, they dropped out the bottom when put in. I need to look further, I am supposed to be working but will find time to check it out shortly. I took some pics of the front. The playfield is very dirty and some staining so will want to replace. The spinners are beat up and need to be repainted. But mostly looks good. The cost was low so hopefully all is good. Here are a couple pics of the front.

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The balls are not making it to the jackpot area, they dropped out the bottom when put in.
    Do you mean the payout hopper will not fill? Check that OPEN/SHUT switch on the right side as you look at the back (the one with the yellow and black label).

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to DukeOfDelmar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfDelmar View Post
    Do you mean the payout hopper will not fill? Check that OPEN/SHUT switch on the right side as you look at the back (the one with the yellow and black label).
    Yes and yes that helped, I just ran down to check it. The upper hopper did not drop balls down to the lower one though after the first batch went down and poured out of the machine. I think it is just dirty though as I was able to stick my finger in and move some of the balls around which freed some up. It definitely needs a major bath. I dropped a few balls in some pockets and they did payout now, whoo hoo but it sends a few down to the lower tray. not always the same, either 2 or 3 it seems like. I know 1 should go down there but not sure why the others are going into it. I have not had time to look as I am working. I no nothing about the A machine so will take some time for me to figure everything out. I am glad I have everybody here to help me

Mike

33. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DukeOfDelmar View Post
    And thank you, I meant to say that and some how stupidly did not...

35. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes and yes that helped, I just ran down to check it. The upper hopper did not drop balls down to the lower one though after the first batch went down and poured out of the machine. I think it is just dirty though as I was able to stick my finger in and move some of the balls around which freed some up. It definitely needs a major bath. I dropped a few balls in some pockets and they did payout now, whoo hoo but it sends a few down to the lower tray. not always the same, either 2 or 3 it seems like. I know 1 should go down there but not sure why the others are going into it. I have not had time to look as I am working. I no nothing about the A machine so will take some time for me to figure everything out. I am glad I have everybody here to help me

Mike
    Sounds like your just describing the normal shut off.

The lower tray has a counterweight so when balls push it down it stops the flow of balls from the upper tray. When you get a whole bunch of payouts the balls will roll off the counterweight releasing more balls from the upper tray to fill the lower one. Also remember that you shouldn't fill the lower tray all the way full. If you do then any lose balls that come from the playfield will be directed to drop out of the machine. (Near the bottom of the frame where there is a circle cut in the bottom wood.)

Also very interesting as your model A has the center feature from a Daiichi in it. It was probably done when it was originally imported and isn't a big deal, it is just a cool thing to know.

37. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast