Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best way to fix a crack in plastic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Best way to fix a crack in plastic

Quote Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
    I'm sure it's worth looking into, but be prepared for PayPal to say they can force the seller to refund your money upon return of the item, but that is all.

If you want to keep it, the repair people have described will probably hold just fine. I have a similar repair on an upper tray on a Nishijin B that my son plays, and it holds up to 300 marbles at the start of a game, and has been fine for a couple of months.

Regarding leaving feedback: does this seller often deal with pachinko machines and similar things? is a heads up to others worth it, or is not leaving anything better? If this is a one-time thing for the seller, selling a pachinko machine, maybe it's not worth dealing further with them, but if they sell a lot of toys or appliances, it might be worth warning people. What is their general feedback score?

I'm trying to remember how eBay feedback looks. I there's just three tiers, not five, like Amazon, and you can get bad feedback as a buyer if they perceive you as having gone straight to "bad feedback" rather than giving them a chance to deal with the problem. That's a real issue with eBay, when the only resolution they negotiate is return for a full refund. Once when I received the wrong item, and the seller didn't think it was worth paying the return postage, he instructed me to destroy it myself, take a picture of it and email it to him, and claim it arrived that way, after which he'd give me a full refund. I refused, and the situation got ugly. I understand why sellers don't want you to go directly to bad feedback without even letting them know there was a problem, but sometimes when you get fed up, because they refuse to resolve the issue any way but one specific way that suits their own needs best, and you leave bad feedback, they will claim in rebuttal that you did not give them a chance to resolve the issue.
    They are not a pachinko seller, I am assuming they just acquired it somewhere. I am not sure what I will do. I will see...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by RivkahChaya View Post
    I'm sure it's worth looking into, but be prepared for PayPal to say they can force the seller to refund your money upon return of the item, but that is all.
    True. It just bugs me when sellers think they can throw their hands up and say "not my problem" and walk away.

I'm trying to remember the circumstances, but I had bought something that never showed up or got destroyed, and when I contacted the shipper (can't even remember which one) they told me the claim had to be started by the seller. I guess the thinking is since the seller paid the shipper, then the seller is the shipper's customer, not the recipient. But my lousy remembery may make all this null and void.

Even if you don't want to hurt their feedback score, you could leave neutral feedback with a comment of what a crappy job they did in packaging. If nothing else, it might make them rethink their packaging job for the next customer.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep, their attitude is what bothered me more than anything else. I am trying to get some money off for the crack and we will see. Once done I will decide on the feedback thing. Hopefully it will all work out fine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Keep receipts on everything you have to buy to fix the crack (including the drill bit the guy at Home Depot recommends for plastic, and the sanding attachment for your drill, if you need one), take before, during, and after photos, and send them copies, then ask to be reimbursed. Tell them beforehand you will do this. Tell them if they do, you will give them excellent feedback. Otherwise, you will open a case with either PayPal or eBay for a damaged or "not as described" object.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to RivkahChaya

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I fixed the crack with the 2 part epoxy and think it worked out perfectly fine. I also wound up getting a refund of the purchase price. So in the end I got the machine for the shipping charges only which were $30.00 so pretty happy with the outcome.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How about some pics of the repair?

9. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    How about some pics of the repair?
    Here are some pics. I did not paint it. I toyed with painting but opted to leave as is after glueing. In hind sight I should have glued the two broken off pieces separately doing one after the other was completely dry. I was rushing due to dry time and the one piece is slightly off. If I had done slower the crack would be less obvious. Live and learn though...
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks good! Not particularly noticeable in pics...but obviously more noticeable in real life. And of course you know exactly where to look! And...just think of how much better you will do the next time!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Looks good! Not particularly noticeable in pics...but obviously more noticeable in real life. And of course you know exactly where to look! And...just think of how much better you will do the next time!
    Thx . I always notice my mistakes as I am sure everybody else does too. Next time if there is one I know better what to do.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Mrtoad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2