Thread: MAME Cab

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default MAME Cab

I've always been a huge fan of arcade games from the early 80's and prior. I spent many quarters in those days on the classics during the golden age of arcades. At the time I never cared for pinball and all the fighting games that were coming out and gaining in popularity. Fast forward to the early 90's when I bought a Tempest and a Stargate machine on the cheap which wasn't hard to do since arcade games weren't collectible yet. Problem was that they kept on breaking so I eventually sold them when I went off to college. So over the years I've kept tabs on multicades and such but I didn't want a full size machine. I finally found a company that will build anything you want and so I placed my order. It's technically a tabletop but its bigger than I wanted but that's because I went with a large 22" 4:3 monitor so that all the vertical games would look proper. It has many thousands of games which 95% of them I'll never play but that's just how the chips come programmed. All the great classics are there and some obscure Atari arcade titles I've never heard of. Dual joysticks for games like Robotron and Battlezone, a spinner for Tempest of course, and a trackball for Millipede, etc. A top notch sound system and the ability to display the old games complete with scan lines so the graphics on the on the screen look original.i chose Galaga graphics for the cabinet but you can have anything imaginable put there and the can shape is also completely up to the buyer. Basically everything is customizable from the button colors to light up track balls to well, everything. i woulda chose something other than green for my buttons but i left it up to the builder as i wasn't really too concerned. My main focus was having the original games exactly as they were in the arcades and the cabinet design was secondary.
    A few pics and one with my all time favorite game, Stargate, queued up.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to emmadog