Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Azteca Legend Returns screen

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Azteca Legend Returns screen

Quote Originally Posted by rupan777
    There shouldn't be a way of turning down the volume in the menus unless it's a debug menu because the players have acess to them.
    I think the menu they are referring you requires you to turn the key inside the machine. I don't think the players have access to it.
    Dalto
    -----

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dalto
    I think the menu they are referring you requires you to turn the key inside the machine. I don't think the players have access to it.
    If so, I stand corrected.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    In the Outlaw and the K1 Punch Rush the menu setting you found would hold in place after you left the service menu. As long as you didn't unplug the unit you were fine.

Now the Azteca Legend I had would not save this setting as the other two models would. I thought I read somewhere, someone with the Azteca Legend Returns was now functioning as the other two did. Maybe this isn't the case and the Azteca Legend Returns will not save as it's sibling wouldn't.
    I'm afraid that's the case. I had read your post about Aztec Legend and that's one of the reasons I got Aztec Legend Returns, in the hope that it might have a save-able volume setting. It might still be possible; I just haven't figured out how to do it. But maybe, like A.L., it's not possible.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, it's not one of the menus you can access while in game mode. It has to be in reset mode. But geeesh...it gives like 110 different sounds - the airplane propeller, etc. - and you can lower the volume from like 256 to 35, which I did. Then clicked the joystick, turned the reset key back to "off", but it didn't save the setting. I thought maybe there was some trick to save it that I haven't been able to figure out yet. I just remember somebody saying that volume control for ALR was via the menu system.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well at worst you're going to have to add some volume controls to it. Which is very simple and relatively inexpensive. You've got a fun machine there though.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There shouldn't be a way of turning down the volume in the menus unless it's a debug menu because the players have acess to them.

If you can post a screen pic of the menu you are referring to, I can do a quick translation as confirmation though.
    Thanks, Rupan. That's a very sweet offer. But that particular menu is in English. It's got all the sounds that are contained in the videos, and then you can raise or lower the volume. It's just that it doesn't save any of them. I'll try to post a screenshot tomorrow, though. There are some Japanese words on the bottom, but I don't think any of them are involved in saving that particular setting.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Well at worst you're going to have to add some volume controls to it. Which is very simple and relatively inexpensive. You've got a fun machine there though.
    Yes, it's a very fun machine. The only thing with installing after-market volume controls is that my b/f installed them according to the instructions that came with them (from Milt) on a Nidaime Goemon machine, and at first they worked great. But once the Big Chance kicked in, he thinks it was too much for them to handle. The right speaker would only work with the volume set at full on the pot, so he ended up uninstalling both of those pots. (He said he thought he smelled something burning right before the right speaker pot stopped working. Maybe it burnt up. Not sure. He said he had them set about midway, and not at the lowest setting. And they worked fine until the Big Chance started. Then he could only hear out of one, not both, speakers. Guess he and I both have some more learning to do, and we know there's lots here on the site about volume controls. We'll get busy and check em out. I was just hoping that this machine could be controlled volume-wise via the menus, is all.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can post a screen pic of the menu you are referring to, I can do a quick translation as confirmation though.
    Here ya go, Rupan. And thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The message at the bottom of the first screen says, "Enter Sound Output Test Mode". The menu choices on the bottom say (left to right): "Select, Previoous, Next"

At the bottom of the second screen it says (L to R): "Sound On [ ], Back, Increase, Decrease, Move Cursor"

Nothing special, sorry
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to rupan777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The message at the bottom of the first screen says, "Enter Sound Output Test Mode". The menu choices on the bottom say (left to right): "Select, Previoous, Next"

At the bottom of the second screen it says (L to R): "Sound On [ ], Back, Increase, Decrease, Move Cursor"

Nothing special, sorry
    Thanks anyway, Rupan. I just can't imagine that they'd provide all those sounds, and a volume control, yet not provide any way to save the lowered/raised volumes afterwards. Oh well.

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Azteca Legend Returns (Silver) did save the volume settings. I changed it a couple of months ago and it has survived being unplugged numerous times. Lets see if I can remember how I did it.

Access the the main setup menu by using the internal reset key, top right. The one used to change the payout setting.

Use the front menu buttons to find the volume setting screen. Adjust the volume to the desired level.

I pressed down and held the spin lever for a few seconds, just in case this is needed to save the setting. I may also have pushed the lever up as well for a few seconds. (I was trying to cover all the bases)

Turned the reset key off and that was it.
    Last edited by dishpan; 12-02-2005 at 05:37 PM.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to dishpan

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, I forgot to mention, the default video mode (ie Classic) can also be changed using the main (reset key) setup menu system. If set to Classic for instance, it will default to this on startup. The system will allow you to toggle the mode from the user menu system (no reset key) but the video mode will revert back to the default internal setting after a inactivity time-out period.

My grand-daughter (18 months) loves playing these machines and is constantly pushing buttons and altering these user parameters.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mannytc
    Ok here are the steps to choose the different games in Neo Magic Pulsar. Look at the post HERE for reference on the menu symbols.

1. Turn on your Neo :-)
    2. Hit the left menu button in front of the screen 8 times to get to menu item #8. (Its the one right after (above) the menu item that starts with BB).
    3. Hit the right menu button to select
    4. You will see 3 options. The left frog is Neo Magic Pulsar mode. The right frog is King Pulsar mode. The center symbol is to exit with no change. Use your left menu button to highlight the one you want.
    5. Hit the right menu button to choose your highlighted selection.
    6. Hit left menu button 3 times to get you to item #11 which is exit (return).
    7. Hit right menu button to exit menu.
    when I click on "here" I go to screen saying I do not have priveledges. What's this and why not?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan
    My Azteca Legend Returns (Silver) did save the volume settings. I changed it a couple of months ago and it has survived being unplugged numerous times. Lets see if I can remember how I did it.

Access the the main setup menu by using the internal reset key, top right. The one used to change the payout setting.

Use the front menu buttons to find the volume setting screen. Adjust the volume to the desired level.

I pressed down and held the spin lever for a few seconds, just in case this is needed to save the setting. I may also have pushed the lever up as well for a few seconds. (I was trying to cover all the bases)

Turned the reset key off and that was it.
    Do you happen to remember if the "volume setting screen" that you mentioned is the same as the "Sound Test" screen that I posted a screenshot of above?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rjpohl
    when I click on "here" I go to screen saying I do not have priveledges. What's this and why not?
    Same thing happened to me. What's up with that?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some additional info. I got another A.L.R. from Stealth. This one is chrome, not gold, and it DOES retain the lower volume settings from the menu. I don't have time right now to take photos, but I have a funny feeling that either something else has to be changed somewhere in the menus in order for the volume changes to stay, or else possibly the belly glasses on some machines that say "The Legend Returns" are actually stuck onto the previous version machine. I've already noticed some differences in the way this one plays compared to the other one, and will go into more details about that later. Now, gotta run. BBL. (Hope this helps to straighten out this whole thing as far as how some people's machines keep the settings and other's don't.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Azteca legends has red-ish belly glass and ALR has black belly glass. They both say "returns" on them.
    Dalto
    -----

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Azteca legends has red-ish belly glass and ALR has black belly glass. They both say "returns" on them.
    Aaaah. The fact that the Aztec Legend machine says "The Legend Returns" on the belly glass is what threw me off. Thank you for clarifying that. It makes sense now. I had read that A.L.R. had done away with "Challenge Time", and when that machine hit challenge time I thought it was strange. Now it makes sense. And given what I now understand, I'd have to say that aside from not being able to lower the volume on Aztec Legend, I prefer the gameplay of that machine to A.L.R.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hi if I new Japanese I could I could change every thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2