Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Azteca Legend Returns screen

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Azteca Legend Returns screen

help. i had friends over the other day and lost the screen on the monitor. it only shows the symbol Azteca on the screen.. i asked him what he did. he said he started pushing buttons on the left and a menu screen came up.....also said he ran a so called light check...did he &^%$ it up or reprogram it..im lost....any help would be appreciated.........ernie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Azteca Legend Returns screen

have you tried a master reset with the reset key or button.

or unpluging the machine for a short time.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes i have done a major reset and have unplugged the machine overnight. still not showing.....it will play the plane flying around but when i start reels for a game it goes to the azteca screen only. ernie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Ernie,

Since I am new to this Pachislo stuff, I have no experience in this matter to offer as help. I do have an Azteca, and reading about what has happened to yours is a bit disconcerting, and I will check to see how you get it fixed. I would not be surprised to find several of the folks here are familiar with the problem you are having and will be able to figure it out. Hang in there.

Best wishes,
    Dave Wile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It might have to set unpluged for a couple of weeks or more ?
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the only thing you can do is try to go back in the menu and change the settings till you find the right one.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can find the menu that looks like the picture below, check the "video" setting to make sure it's on. I don't have an AZL machine any more, but I remember that unplugging the machine doesn't seem to undo anything that someone might change in the menus.

http://users.adelphia.net/~twalker8/...zteca/Menu.jpg

So, look in the second column, 3rd item from the top, and see if your bud didn't change the setting.

Is it just me, or does it seem stoopit to have a menu that's accessible by anyone who cares to press a few buttons. Sheesh.
    Dragon Dice * Arra King * King Camel * Ougonshin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It has bean a while since I played around with my azteca returns menus but some stuff can only be changed if you start up the machine with the reset key turned to the on position as if you are going to change the odds. OK I just tried something on both the Aztec returns and the outlaw. To get to the menu that is shown you do have to start it up with the reset key turned. I when through all the options and turned them off one at a time and tried to see if there is a change. I did not get anything to change. I then thought maybe I had to set the change before I turned the key back to play the machine. So I turned something off and then tried pressing the reel start lever. Nothing then I tried to press the momentary reset button. Still nothing. Nothing I do seams to change when I turn something off in the menu. There is nothing I can see in the regular menu that is used buy the person playing the machine to shut down the video. I swore I shut off the video or sound once and played with the menu with the reset key to get it back. The outlaw is the same could not get anything to change.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lazarus, you're right. I had forgotten that the menu shown in the jpeg I posted only appears when the reset key is turned on and can't be accessed by someone who's just pushing buttons.

The player menus can get pretty deep so it could be a real bugger to find out what made the video go all screwy.

Oh well, I tried.

-TW
    Dragon Dice * Arra King * King Camel * Ougonshin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you have AIM or something I can step you through it. I have one exactly like yours and can pretty much get you going step by step. PM or reply back here to let me know if you need help. I am going to look at mine now.

--Brian

mannytc

This happened to me once on my unit. I had some of kids little cousins over and they were touching every button they could get their hands on. I happened to notice the screen was different and wasn't changing. Then one of the kids hit a BB and that was all different too. I finally figured out that if you hit the up on the d-pad during play it changes the Azteca Returns to classic Azteca mode. Very similar to how you can change Neo Magic Pulsar to classic Magic Pulsar mode. I am pretty sure all that you need to do to change it back is hit the up on the d-pad. I will check it out and post back here.

Edit: Just checked it out on my unit. Here is what I did to change. First power up the unit. Then put in 3 tokens and spin and stop the reels. Now hit the up key on the d-pad. It should change back to showing Doggie. Every time you hit the UP it switches between Legend Returns and Classic mode. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mannytc; 04-26-2005 at 01:50 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool mannytc! You taut me something I did not know about my machine. I had a Azteca classic as my first machine and the sounds were the same. Two machines in one. Now if we could just figure out how to change stuff in the menus with the reset key turned on.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

mannytc, is there any way to disable the menu buttons on the Neo Magic Pulsar? I'm now worried that someone will change something on mine! :02:

Also, just what is the "d-pad?"
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

mannytc

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Junior
    mannytc, is there any way to disable the menu buttons on the Neo Magic Pulsar? I'm now worried that someone will change something on mine! :02:

Also, just what is the "d-pad?"
    Tony, I don't know of any way to disable the menus. I wouldn't worry too much about changing settings. I am sure someone here would be able to help you if that ever happened.

Oh, and following is the official wikipedia definition of a "d-pad". I don't think any of your existing pachis in your sig have one though.

Definitions of D-pad on the Web:

A D-pad (D is short for digital) is the cross-shaped directional control found on nearly all modern video game console gamepads and game controllers. Like early video game joysticks, D-pads are digital: they allow input of exactly 8 directions (the points of the compass), with no intermediate values. Although they provide less nuance than analog controls, they can easily be manipulated with very high accuracy using only a single thumb.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-pad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, mannytc. Now I know what you mean when you say d-pad. I have seen several of the pachis with those on 'em --- I think.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

mannytc - you stated "Very similar to how you can change Neo Magic Pulsar to classic Magic Pulsar mode."

Can you send me a PM or post info on what this does and how to activate? I am interested to try this and see the difference it makes.
    -------------------------------
    Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing.
    -Wernher von Braun

mannytc

Quote Originally Posted by TheCardMan
    mannytc - you stated "Very similar to how you can change Neo Magic Pulsar to classic Magic Pulsar mode."

Can you send me a PM or post info on what this does and how to activate? I am interested to try this and see the difference it makes.
    Ok here are the steps to choose the different games in Neo Magic Pulsar. Look at the post HERE for reference on the menu symbols.

1. Turn on your Neo :-)
    2. Hit the left menu button in front of the screen 8 times to get to menu item #8. (Its the one right after (above) the menu item that starts with BB).
    3. Hit the right menu button to select
    4. You will see 3 options. The left frog is Neo Magic Pulsar mode. The right frog is King Pulsar mode. The center symbol is to exit with no change. Use your left menu button to highlight the one you want.
    5. Hit the right menu button to choose your highlighted selection.
    6. Hit left menu button 3 times to get you to item #11 which is exit (return).
    7. Hit right menu button to exit menu.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone know how to change the volume via the menus on ALR? I found the "Sound Test" in the menu set that shows up when you are in reset mode, and I thought I'd lowered it so that it would be saved after I turned back to non-reset mode (I did click the joystick before returning to non-reset mode), but it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There shouldn't be a way of turning down the volume in the menus unless it's a debug menu because the players have acess to them.

If you can post a screen pic of the menu you are referring to, I can do a quick translation as confirmation though.
    Last edited by rupan777; 11-27-2005 at 08:51 PM.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In the Outlaw and the K1 Punch Rush the menu setting you found would hold in place after you left the service menu. As long as you didn't unplug the unit you were fine.

Now the Azteca Legend I had would not save this setting as the other two models would. I thought I read somewhere, someone with the Azteca Legend Returns was now functioning as the other two did. Maybe this isn't the case and the Azteca Legend Returns will not save as it's sibling wouldn't.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast