Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Owner of Pachinko Parlor Facebook Game

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Owner of Pachinko Parlor (Facebook Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Gameswarp View Post
    Hmm... now I'm a bit confused... Heima, are you saying the mp3 contain several events - a launch hammer sound, a ding for entering a pocket/tulip and the sound of coins being deposited in the tray?
    I think he means replace that with the guitar sound when you hit a pocket. But I do say the hammer and pin sounds need to be adjusted.

Also where can I find the full version with all 17 games? As it isn't on the chrome store and if it is on Facebook I can't play it as I don't have an account or want one.

Oh and you can use my name for the sounds. -Max Faiman

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@mxfaiman: Noted, will add your name and tell you when that's done.

I have already replaced the pocket/tulip sound effect on Facebook. But the music snippet (that guitar thing you mentioned) is still there. I was thinking of replacing the music snippet... but from what I know - vintage pachinko will only have the mechanical pocket/tulip sound effect you provided, while modern pachinko may have music accompanying a ball entering the pocket/tulip. So, I either go Vintage or I choose a more appropriate piece of music (with less guitar chords). I elect for the latter, but may field vintage machines later on in a newer version of the game.

The only one on the Chrome Web Store is up to level 6 (it's a sampler/demo version).
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ifnjdbingkookm

It's also on Kongregate, but I think that version has some teething problems that I have not yet ironed out. And IIRC, it's only up to Machine #15.
    Play Pachinko Parlor (Beta), a free online game on Kongregate
    I don't have all 17 levels standalone because of the fear of piracy, and besides the program is right now very closely integrated with Facebook, that it will take a while for me to make a standalone PC version. But if you want to see all 17 levels, I'll see what I can do.

Finally, here's an old video clip of machine #9 in action:

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Gameswarp

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry it has been a while. Anyways I got the shooter sound. I included below a single and looped file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Gameswarp View Post
    Hmm... now I'm a bit confused... Heima, are you saying the mp3 contain several events - a launch hammer sound, a ding for entering a pocket/tulip and the sound of coins being deposited in the tray?
    Sorry for taking so long to get back. The sound that mxfaiman provided, that I commented on, has several sounds. To me, it sounds like the ball rolling through the payout mechanism of the machine, and the payout balls dropping onto the bell. This sound is very much what my old Maruda New Prince single-shot sounded like.

When we hear things, we hear only the highlights, or most prevalent sounds. The quieter lesser important sounds get lost in the background noise.
    So if I were to use that mp3 file, I would remove the initial sounds and only use the bell ringing sound. And this is a vintage pachinko sound.

Often when creating a game simulation, you have to decide whether to go for authenticity, or play value. Car driving games are a perfect example. You can have the car behave like a real one, with vehicle dynamics and road behaviors duplicating the actual driving experience. But for playability, especially in the arcade, the car must be simpler to drive and more forgiving of the player's mistakes.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I havent played your games yet, but reading through this thread, I wondered about the dragon one. How is it possible to hit pocket 5 ? It is so well shielded by the curve of nails above it that balls would have to defy the laws of gravity in order to land in it on a real machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@mxfaiman: thanks... I will look at where I can use these sound effects.

@heima: yeah, I had cut out the front part of the very first sound effect file from mxfaiman. You have a point though about my game sounding like a collection of vintage machines. As for authenticity, I am striving for a bit of both. For the sound department, I would like that authenticity. This is because I read somewhere else (for an iOS Pachinko game featuring an eagle background) that fake sounds made it less popular.

@pachiwall: If I am not mistaken, by entering your ball into pocket #4, the arc above pocket #1 will "unlock" and disappear. A ball entering into pocket #1 will cause the arc above #5 will "unlock" and disappear too. There are a number of "unconventional" pins too in the game... pins that bounce your ball around (like in pinball), and pins that will explode when you strike them (clearing the way for access to something below). It's my way of introducing a unique spin to the game.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Gameswarp

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just some minor changes to the last email:

@pachiwall: If I am not mistaken, by entering your ball into pocket #4, the arc above pocket #1 will "unlock" and disappear. A ball entering into pocket #1 will cause the arc above #5 will "unlock" and disappear too. This element of discoverability will hopefully make a player more interested to experiment and uncover the "secret" of a machine the first time they play it. That way, you get a sense of achievement when you discover you finally got a ball into pocket #5.

There are a number of "unconventional" pins too in the game... pins that bounce your ball around (like in pinball), and pins that will explode when you strike them (clearing the way for access to something below). It's my way of introducing a unique spin to the game.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Gameswarp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2