Thread: A Shameless Plug But Very Deserving

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default A Shameless Plug But Very Deserving

I am in the process of adding a couple pay out 12v led light strips that i got from Auto Zone to one of my machines. i was using an extended arm relay switch,(not a cherry d42lr1xl). i found the force needed to actuate the lights was causing binding and pay out malfunctions. i researched the relay i got from Grainger and it had a pressure force point of 3.40 ounces and found the Cherry switch had a pressure force point of 2GF,(gram /foot) or 0.07 ounces!!
    so i instantly went on line to check my local Grainger, to no avail. i did a Google search and found a couple Canadian companies but i did not want the added wait time. then i found Sager Electronics out of Massachusetts. i found a 4 pack for $3.13 each with a minimum purchase of 4 units. $12.52 for the parts. i called instead of an online order to see how long it would take for delivery. probably like most here once you get going on a project you want to go at it full tilt! so the other small parts i ordered or won off of Ebay where scheduled for either Friday or Saturday delivery.
    i asked the guy at Sager about turn around time and he assured me they would go out today via UPS. Delivery definitely before Saturday. but then he tells me,"sir unfortunately shipping is going to be $15 or so. more than you are paying for the parts."
    he then asks for my address and phone number which i provide. i tell him that there is no need to get all that info since i am probably going to back out of the sale due to the shipping costs.
    now the kicker!!!he tells me," Sir, I am going to send you a sample pack of 4 Cherry d42lr1xl to try out. if you like them then i hope you will consider us for your future business."
    What??? a company willing to send me something for free other than a flashlight/keychain or a mousepad! i told the gentleman how i was very impressed and appreciated his concerns and efforts. i have bookmarked them and will definitely go there for future electronic purchases!

i hope this isn't a violation of any rules here at PT. If it is then i apologize. but i just wanted to pass along a good deed when it happens.

AG

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: A Shameless Plug But Very Deserving

They are about $4.14 at digikey, shipping about $11 but FREE is definitely a better deal.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Free samples used to be a common thing in the electronics world, especially cheap things like semiconductor logic chips. Tell them you were designing a circuit around their product, and they'd send a couple for you to play with. Good to hear those days are not completely gone.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not to take away from the kindness of Sager, but did you consider Radio Shack for the relay?
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i was at work with no access to a radio shack. plus the local ones near my work do not carry electronic components. they are yuppie oriented, carrying phone accessories and laptop stuff. i once stopped in looking for some wire splices and they did not carry them! so it is easier for me to sit at my work computer and search that way.
    as a question radio shack carries cherry switches? seems like a very small specialty niche that they would use shelf space for.

AG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will definitely bookmark them as well for my future projects. Glad to hear there are companies who care about customer service and relationships.

My Radio Shack is not much better. You can still find some parts in their bins but don't bother asking them to help you find a certain part, unless you enjoy the blank stare that comes back to you.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    don't bother asking them to help you find a certain part, unless you enjoy the blank stare that comes back to you.
    Tell me about it. I went into one and asked if they had a 1 foot 1/8" mini jack to mini jack cable. The first thing they did was they showed me these 3ft long ones that were like $30. I was half tempted to walk out right there. I have never been thrilled with radio shack's selection of stuff. Some things they have good prices on but like LEDs I buy elsewhere because it is way too expensive to get those from them. (end up paying like $3 for one LED when I can buy 3 for that price elsewhere).

It is just the fact that most people know exactly what they need so they don't need someone to show them something else or getting them more confused.

100 machines and counting...

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Radio Shack, You've Got Questions, We've Got Shrugs!"

(Yes, I know that is bad English.)
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    "Radio Shack, You've Got Questions, We've Got Shrugs!"

(Yes, I know that is bad English.)
    It's sad. Radio Shack is not the same store it was when I was growing up. You could almost find anything there. Now they are more interested in selling you cell phones than anything else.

I loved the Science Fair 150 in one electronic kits they used to cell. It was like legos with electronics. Just attach the colored wires to the spring contents...repeat and voila... You learned something too...
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

16. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did the switches arrive? Work out ok?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

they haven't arrived yet. still waiting and watching out my front window for the mailman!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my wife picked them up off the front porch monday and forgot to tell me. so i have them! more to follow.

AG

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY