Thread: Misleading vintage Sankyo Pachinko Condition

Stuck in Podunk, Ne and long to move back to Southern Ca.
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Misleading vintage Sankyo Pachinko Condition

Not sure if any other members have noticed this listing but it caught my eye. The listing is #380743590569 sorry I'm not good at posting pics from the bay. The pic is posted sideways and the seller says "A Beautiful Machine..." In one of the the last pics he shows you can plainly see the ball holder and ball track are missing, and who knows what else? I emailed him and He answered with a smart answer that that stuff could be easily fabricated! I don't see the machine as being beautiful that's missing that much. I also consider that very deceptive. I tried to find where to report to Ebay but had no luck. I would appreciate anyone who knows how to inform the Bay to please do so. Thanks for your help.
    Spiderman-Sinbad-Ultraman P/P-Onimusha-Gamera-Juggler-Onoki-Gundam-Hanabi-Tiger Mask-Tomb Raider P/P-D'bl Diamond-Takarabune-Beast Sapp-Tekken-Yajikita-Twinkle Stage-Duel Dragon-Popeye-Speed Racer-Million God-Jaws-Gladiator-St.Maria-Let'sDance-Indy-RoboCop-Julie-Palot

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Misleading vintage Sankyo Pachinko Condition

chrome looks good, but, it should be listed as parts or repair
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seller does state that he does not much about pachinko machines. He found this in a storage unit. Could be that he did not realize the parts were missing.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the seller is kind of puzzling, he basically said to me that the missing pieces could be easily fabricated? Now that sounds like someone that has had a little experience but in the same breath said these here machines are verrry rare especially in this good of condition? I'm sorry I don't believe for a minute that he doesn't realize that he is withholding actual condition of the machine knowing he would have a very hard sell otherwise. Since he is looking for $150.00 for Buy It Now ...Yeah he knows what he doing! I think it would be nice if a few members would help me enlighten this seller as to his selling practices and the actual condition of his machine. I told him it was worth $50.00.
    Spiderman-Sinbad-Ultraman P/P-Onimusha-Gamera-Juggler-Onoki-Gundam-Hanabi-Tiger Mask-Tomb Raider P/P-D'bl Diamond-Takarabune-Beast Sapp-Tekken-Yajikita-Twinkle Stage-Duel Dragon-Popeye-Speed Racer-Million God-Jaws-Gladiator-St.Maria-Let'sDance-Indy-RoboCop-Julie-Palot

10. The following user says "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would love to help you there Tekken, but Mr. Gneiss said I could not play that way, else lose my signature.
    Ebay, like retail stores, is buyer beware.
    The best way to show your disapproval with a vendor/retailer is to simply not buy their goods.
    You can also enlighten others to your experience as you have done here.

In another life, I am a wordsmith, and because "beautiful" is an aesthetic or hyperbolic word, it has little legal weight. Like "fantastic", "super", and "exceptional". "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so, you really can't complain that the seller said it was beautiful, but it was in fact not functional. The connection between beautiful and functional is not clear cut. Also, the seller disclaimed himself by stating that he doesn't know too much about pachinko machines. (Doesn't know @#$%) This is a weasel tactic, but you really can't do anything about it, other than to not buy it.

I know it is frustrating to see people behave in this fashion, but as my best friend says, "Someday, Karma is going to get them." And it will. Not from you, nobody knows how, but the seller will experience cause and effect.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for those words Heima, I know too well about Karma. I think for me I was frustrated knowing how vulnerable I was years ago when I first came to P.T. and how I would have felt if that machine would have been my first machine purchase! I will remind myself to be satisfied with my initial warning.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know you want to let the seller know how you really feel but no one likes the price police, whatever the reason.
    You could always send him a link to this thread so he can see that others feel the same as you but in the end, is it really that big of a deal?
    And yes, this site as great as it is is extremely averse to anyone saying anything that can be remotely construed as offensive. Which is good for civility but bad for calling it like it is which I like to do. So the moral is-watch what you say!!!
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tore my soap box apart and used the materials to build a new cabinet for my Ultra 7 machine!

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its great to bring these kind of things to everyone's attention, its also nice to try and educate sellers on things they've gotten wrong in ads.. Several times its gotten more info and pics added to ads and sometimes there have even been price adjustments.. And its even ok to vent sometimes!! The only thing I don't think is very useful is when people sometimes try to start campaigns to harass sellers just for fun even if they might deserve it..

As for this person, from the way they've worded the ad and from what they've said to you I too think he knows more than he says he does.. hopefully no one unknowingly buys this one thinking its complete..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

20. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i contacted the seller and very politely informed him it was missing a lot of parts... as for him knowing a lot about the machines, i doubt it. if he did know and was trying to deceive people he would not have shown a clear picture of the back of the machine.
    my opinion...he watches way too much "Storage Wars". 'YUUPPPPP"

AG

22. The following user says "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Missing back upper ball tray, upper track, track ball knockers, track U turn, lower track, lower track cover, ball dump shoot, jack pot pivot arm and jack pot push rod. That just a quick look, front looks ok so I would pay $10 or $15 if I was buying it with no shipping cost. It's a parts machine and that all it's good for, but how do you tell them with out upseting them?
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

24. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i just mentioned that i was interested in the machine until i saw the picture of the back and that it was basically missing the entire upper portion. i stated that i wasn't trying to be a jerk but was just trying to help him out with his machine. and that it was far from a functioning machine.

AG

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, we have done our duty and educated the seller of the situation. If he continues to keep the auction verbatim, then he is lazy, irresponsible, or has a questionable conscience. If after the ad expires he re-lists the pachinko verbatim, then he is devious and unscrupulous. At that point, Tekken can say: "Told you so!"

Aside from that, we can just ignore the ad and move on to better deals from reputable sellers.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

28. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"He's Baaack!"
    "Told You So!" Thanks Heima...That Felt Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    Well, we have done our duty and educated the seller of the situation. If he continues to keep the auction verbatim, then he is lazy, irresponsible, or has a questionable conscience. If after the ad expires he re-lists the pachinko verbatim, then he is devious and unscrupulous. At that point, Tekken can say: "Told you so!"

Aside from that, we can just ignore the ad and move on to better deals from reputable sellers.

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, I forgot to mention there is a slight reduction in price, but the wording is verbatim!

32. The following user says "Thanks" to FREKKEN TEKKEN