Thread: Chicago Coin Mini-Baseball

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Chicago Coin Mini-Baseball

This seemed like the most appropriate section to post this in.

I made a pilgrimage yesterday to pick up a 1972 electromechanical Chicago Coin Mini-Baseball game. A 50 minute drive, a 1 hour and 40 minute ferry ride and then another 1 hour and 15 minutes driving to get there, then reverse the whole procedure to get back home, adding an extra hour waiting for the ferry. I have to be a sucker for punishment.

I've only ever seen one other Mini-Baseball anywhere near the area I live since the 1970's to mid 1980's, when I had my own games and route, and there was a $1500.00 asking price on it.

The neat thing about them is that they're close in size to a Satomi Computer Pachinko, with the stand, and the flipper that you launch an 11/16 inch Marblette (Bakelite) ball with is very similar to a vintage Pachinko flipper.

The game is complete and fully functional except for the aluminum trim around the base glass, which is easily replaced. The steppers will be taken apart, cleaned, switches adjusted and wiper plates lubricated. The relays will have their contacts cleaned and adjusted if needed and all other blade switches will be cleaned and adjusted. Someone screwed an appliance switch to the side of the cabinet for crediting the game as well as some other wiring changes, which will all be restored to original.

The cabinet is covered in the original material of the era the game was built, MACtac, which is starting to lift in quite a few spots so will all be stripped off and then I'll decide what to recover it in.

The graphics do have some wear but the damaged areas are not backlit so they shouldn't be too hard to reproduce.

Overall the game is in great condition with most of the work being cosmetic.

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0010.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0013.jpgIMG_0015.jpgIMG_0016.jpg

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to whitedawg