Thread: Trying to brainstorm pachinko stand-up cabinet using nightstand + plumbing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Trying to brainstorm pachinko stand-up cabinet using nightstand + plumbing

I am just getting started on this idea, but am trying to design a pachinko cabinet where I can mount my 3 pachinkos on a square kitchen cabinet // night stand on 3 of the 4 sides, using the inner space of the cabinet to house a central ball return. I am definitely no engineer and have limited power tool experience, but was thinking that a central trough as 3 slanted ramps low down in the cabinet feeding into the ball return machine hopper would prevent spilling of pachinko balls.

My hardware I am considering is an average square kitchen cabinet bought from a second hand store like habitat for humanity to save money // support a good cause. the square cabinet idea is from me trying to save room in my limited game room area within my family basement.

===Cabinet details
    -Would hinging the 3 machines to each other be viable if opening the cabinet is needed for service?
    -would adding a door to the back of the cabinet to access the machines seem feasible?
    -how would one consider adding wheels to the cabinet for portability?

===Returning balls after games completed back to cabinet ideas:
    2 of my three machines have a second lower ball winning tray emptying lever and after watching the ball counter machine video that uses a machine's system to return balls into the cabinet, my thought was to consider a funnel + flexible threaded 1 inch hose to return the balls into the main hopper inside the cabinet --- would something like this work?

My third machine is a 1970's model and my alternative idea was to flare out a small ramp feeding back into the cabinet's main return hopper under each jackpot emptying tray to reduce spilling of balls --- would this be more feasible versus a funnel + plastic flexible tube?

Last, my thought is for the return machine, how would I create a 3-way feeding hopper with the ability to feed all 3 machines at a relatively even rate? would cutting 3 holes in a funnel to attach plastic 1-inch tubing be reasonable? otherwise, would having 2 male-male end pipe adapters glued together with plastic 1-inch tubing to feed all 3 machines be doable? lastly, would having a 3-day wooden ramp fed from a bigger wooden funnel be an easier idea? I am trying to figure out this long-term project as a hobby to figure out how to merge all 3 machines together on a portable table versus nailing them to a wall in a dark, sometimes damp basement, where they can face wood rotting and rust
    1 Nishijin B Battle of the Monkey & Crab Pachinko, 1 Sankyo 1987 Flying Carpet Pachinko complete with speaker disabling plug, & 1 Taiyo 2007 King Kong Pachi w/ Guile Brand "SONIC BOOM!!!!!" eardrum rupturing system

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Trying to brainstorm pachinko stand-up cabinet using nightstand + plumbing

thinking out loud

with 3 machines i would mke a very verry shallow ramp to all 3 machines.. something like a 1% grade.. then your ball lifter would lift above said ramp allowing balls to fall onto the ramp.. the balls would fall and roll down hill to whate ever direction.. as that machine filled up the balls would be shifted to another machine as needed.. then to the 3rd machine as needed.. then once all machiens were full the balls would start to stack up and fill the ramp where ever there was room.. as a machine needed ball they would fall in that direction as needed..

your problem happens with weight or a machine winning allot.. (mordern machine hitting a feaver) then you jsut flat run out of balls.. now if the ramp were made heavy duty and you had enought balls there is no problem..

it would take some trial and error but the only way i see it working is storeing large qty of balls up top.. most lifters work on the premiss of keeping the bulk of the balls at the bottom and shifting up only when needed..

hope this makes sense
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Trying to brainstorm pachinko stand-up cabinet using nightstand + plumbing

the low grade idea is exactly what i was considering for my machines. the fever factor is a good point and i may just make 1 single cabinet (able to mount on tabletop) for my 2 electric machines, keeping my non-electric nishijin separate from them. on my king kong pachinko, the fever round does tend to pay quite a bit, but despite tinkering with the settings to adjust slot reel odds, I have almost never gotten it and even more rarely get any balls into the outer flower score pots. (this may be due to the machine having some bent pins when it arrived to block entry into the pots, but that is a different story!)

the idea for the machines is to have something line an elbow pipe under the drain for winning balls (each machine just has 1) or possibly to use a slanted 45 degree block of wood with side railings to avoid spillage into the electronics of either cabinet.

i am considering that one concept on the graded wood may be to have an outer 1% grade and then something steeper to make a wooden square funnel into the hopper of the ball return machine recepticle.

one idea is to use two more shallow angle doorstops above the top jackpot dispensers on each machine as a triangular block of wood with a rectangular block of wood on either side, a smaller block of wood over each end of the triangle as the feeder opening, and to put the ball return motor pause button somewhere in the middle of the third feeding hopper.

beyond that, i will probably use some of the already structured plans already in place. i thought this slowly progressing project may be a better way to prevent all my balls from spilling throughout my basement. here is to some good luck!
    1 Nishijin B Battle of the Monkey & Crab Pachinko, 1 Sankyo 1987 Flying Carpet Pachinko complete with speaker disabling plug, & 1 Taiyo 2007 King Kong Pachi w/ Guile Brand "SONIC BOOM!!!!!" eardrum rupturing system

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Cheverisi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One question you need answered is how to stop the balls from over flowing in each hopper.

A solution is this: A single worm drive lifter can be partitioned into three (or more) independent lifts. The balls for pachinko A would only return to the pachinko A, and not mix with the balls for pachinko B or pachinko C. So, you would have 3 separate ball systems, using a common lifter.

If the lifter drive was triggered by the ball dump, it would run continuously. If the lifter drive was triggered by the vacancy of balls in a hopper, then it would actually stop on occasion. Note - you will need a timer of some sort to make sure the hopper is filled to the max.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !