Thread: newbie questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default newbie questions

being a newbie here forgive me if this is on the site somewhere. is there a consensus on what are considered the premier vintage manufacturers and those that were budget machine makers?
    which machines are most reliable vs. most prone to breaks etc? can i see everyone's listing of the 5 best made and reliable machines in their personal opinion and maybe a list of the 5 most desireable makers. if this is old news can someone link me to that topic?

thanks,
    AG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: newbie questions

Nishijin and Heiwa were the biggest manufactures. Nishijin is the most commonly found here in the US. Most people want a Nishijin machine as that is what they most likely had as a kid. Other brands such as Ginza, Daiichi, Sanyo, Sankyo, Mizuho are less favorable as fewer of them were imported so less people had those.

As for the best there really isn't one. They are all eaqually as nice. The only thing you want look for is how the front looks, find something you like. But there is one model I wouldn't recommend as they were very cheap, and that is the Sanyo Comet II. These are noticeable because the back plastics are a yellowish oragne color. The machine has an issue with the payout see-saw, it can be fixed easily but if you don't do that they it will give you headaches.

100 machines and counting...

3. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: newbie questions

well said max.. and i agree..

but i would say i have not seen a machine that not fixable.. i mean really i have send machiens that are broken and have to be parts machines.. but for the most part if ya have a pic or two ya can usualy always tell if its fixable..

i have to agree with finding one that looks good.. if it speaks to me then it becomes a must have..

give it time and you will lear whats a good one and a fixable one..

we ahve all bought a machine on impulss and relizied that its parts.. there are thousands and thousands of machines out there give it time and you will have more then ya know what to do with..

ask max... hes at his Max
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances