Thread: new guy in the deep end of the kiddie pool!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default new guy in the deep end of the kiddie pool!

hello all,
    angry gary here. found your site while surfing for info on some machines i bought last week. i decided to pick up a few machines on the cheap to try to get them in working order to give the grand kid one, keep a couple and sell one. i picked up 4 machines for just over $100. i got a Mizuho hawk, a Nishijin b two rainbows, an okumurayuki that i cannot ID. it has three large hearts on it. and the fourth one i still have not picked it up yet from a friend who got it for me in baltimore for $20 i remember it being a Nishijin.

if i am totally stumped and it is beyond repair i guess i could strip it for parts.

after reading the site a bit i am positive i do not want to do full restores due to the cost and time needed,( and the fact i have minimal patience and skills to do what i have seen you guys do here!).

i want to clean them up best i can and get them in good mechanical order. i only have maybe 120 balls total and no trays. is ebay the best place to look for these items or do you guys have a secret club only supply source? i read minimal of approx. 300 for a machine but what 500 as a good number for each? i see balls are around $70 for a 1000. sound right? i am bidding on a lot of 1000 on ebay but you never know how that is going to go. and $13 for a plastic tray!!! am i missing something here?i figure on the ones i am keeping i could just use a plastic rubbermaid container and line it with something for noise reduction. but the one i want to resell i gotta go with something a bit more standard.

i will coming to you guys with questions in the near future so be prepared!

also anyone here in the Washington Dc area, Northern Va.? i could always use a local mentor.

thanks,
    Gary

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to ANGRY GARY