Thread: New here and first pachinko machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New here and first pachinko machine

Hello everyone. I am new here and I am also new to pachinko, or at least the machines. I have wanted to get a real pachinko machine for some time now, and I've decided that it will be soon that I'm going to buy one. I've only played video game pachinkos in the past, but I think now may be the right time, economicly for me to get one. I want to buy a modern pachinko machine, since these are so much of a visual experience as well.
    So I've narrowed it down to two machines, which I might be interested in. I am only going to buy one of these so I want to make the right decision. I've been looking at the Evangelion 5 and the Marilyn Monroe machines. Evangelion looks a bit more interesting to me, since I like the anime-theme and there seems to be a lot more action. However that is also my concern with the machine. Marilyn Monroe may just be more timeless and more accessible for my friends to play with as well.
    So Marilyn Monroe or Evangelion 5?
    If you have any tips or anything I need to know about pachinkos then please tell me, as I am very interested.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New here and first pachinko machine

Welcome to PachiTalk!

This is an easy one to solve...

Get both
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Welcome to PachiTalk!

This is an easy one to solve...

Get both
    you sir are a bad influence

but i have to agree

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello

sorry I have never owned or played those 2 titles so can't offer an informed opinion on either,

but the usual advice is to go with the theme that YOU like best or are more drawn to

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Board

Both is good, Do you know which Monroe it is, If its the later one then its the Sankyo one in the Lumina frame, Eva is made by Bisty, Both good reliable machines with no common faults.

Beginners advice, get lots of balls, minimum of 500 per machine, 1000 is better, and 2000 will see you happy for a long time. And never never never never NEVER plug it straight in to your wall socket without a transformer.

Oh and I would go for the eva, Giant robots fighting aliens over a woman dancing in front of fishes, Eva wins ever time
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am most drawn to the Eva machine. The Marilyn Monroe is from 2006 also from Bisty. I will buy the machines from this guy Dragonfly Amusement. I've seen some recomendations for him on this forum. He includes a transformer as far as I know. I am going to buy 1000 balls with the machine, and I own 200 which I ordered a long time ago. I used them for an Epoch pachinko toy but I still have them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have found that pinball machines, pachinko machines, pachislo machines, and Lays potato chips all have one thing in common. Nobody can have just one.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to mcclad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Beginners advice, get lots of balls, minimum of 500 per machine, 1000 is better, and 2000 will see you happy for a long time. And never nevernevernever NEVER plug it straight in to your wall socket without a transformer.
    Good advice...However, as far as balls are concerned, keep in mind the fact that without an cabinet or other external ball hopper system, most machines will not be able to hold 1000 balls let alone 2000.

The Lumina Frame typically holds about 800 to 1000 balls, the Fuji OvalOne frame holds even less.

Also a GREAT suggestion regarding transformers. All Modern Pachinkos run on 24 VAC (Volts, AC). The machines come from the manufacturer wired for this. If you purchase the machine directly from Japan, you will most likely need to purchase a transformer and install it.

If you purchase it from an importer, then most likely it will come with some sort of transformer. Find out what type of transformer it is. For example, it might have a 110V to 24V transformer, so you still may need a voltage converter. But it's usually best to get a transformer that has an input voltage that matches the typical voltage in your area. This will prevent you from possibly frying the machine by forgetting to use the voltage converter.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome! ^_^ I'd say Eva but I'm an anime fan myself.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    Good advice...However, as far as balls are concerned, keep in mind the fact that without an cabinet or other external ball hopper system, most machines will not be able to hold 1000 balls let alone 2000.

The Lumina Frame typically holds about 800 to 1000 balls, the Fuji OvalOne frame holds even less.
    You need the ultra cheap ice cream tub/Tupperware mod. Instantly adds 1000-3000 extra ball capacity by fixing a little tub with a hole in it over the reward tank
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I own the Eva 5. It's a nice pachi. It has a few mini games and bonus rounds and the Eva Music etc. etc. It is also NEWER than your other choice and will do more. It all comes down to what you like. Hope I helped a little bit... OH btw there are TONS of Youtubes for the Eva 5 also. It does have thing you need to know... Leave it off LONG enough and you'll have to clear its memory by pushing a small little red button in the back. NO way around it. Not a big deal but it is SOMETHING you should know about.
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR