Thread: Overpriced "Elvis" Pachislos on ebay.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Overpriced "Elvis" Pachislos on ebay.

I really have to laugh at all the "vintage" and "rare" Elvis Pachislo machines on ebay. Just putting a custom piece of art in the belly glass does not make a Hanabi, (one of the most common machines out there,) worth 1 or 2k. I recently saw an Elvis machine made out of a Babel. Stone tablets and turtles are not a great match with the King of Rock and Roll. I would love to contact the seller and tell them that they are crazy and will never sell those machines at the asking price of 2 grand. Same with the "Welcome to Vegas" machines that are always being sold. I have also noticed that a lot of sellers on Craigslist state that they paid 5, 6 or $700 on a machine and they are only asking $200. I do not think that there are too many buyers out there paying that much for a Pachislo. The sad thing is that some people see these inflated prices and think that their machines must be worth as much or even more, and before you know it there are a ton of overpriced games on ebay that nobody is going to buy.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to mcclad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Overpriced "Elvis" Pachislos on ebay.

This hanabi is not common

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, you are correct. LOL.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mcclad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mcclad View Post
    I really have to laugh at all the "vintage" and "rare" Elvis Pachislo machines on ebay. Just putting a custom piece of art in the belly glass does not make a Hanabi, (one of the most common machines out there,) worth 1 or 2k. I recently saw an Elvis machine made out of a Babel. Stone tablets and turtles are not a great match with the King of Rock and Roll. I would love to contact the seller and tell them that they are crazy and will never sell those machines at the asking price of 2 grand. Same with the "Welcome to Vegas" machines that are always being sold. I have also noticed that a lot of sellers on Craigslist state that they paid 5, 6 or $700 on a machine and they are only asking $200. I do not think that there are too many buyers out there paying that much for a Pachislo. The sad thing is that some people see these inflated prices and think that their machines must be worth as much or even more, and before you know it there are a ton of overpriced games on ebay that nobody is going to buy.
    Why, that's the same marketing model as all the housing in the SF Bay Area. Somebody takes a slum, does very minor repair and painting, sells it to an overpaid sucker who can't see below the surface and thinks its a great neighborhood, which in turn raises all the adjacent homes value. Add, rinse, and repeat a couple of times and Section 8 worthy housing is now Half a Million. Of course the properties are not worth what the loan is for, but since the bailout, local banks get to play with funny money again and again. Another economic crisis is on its way!

Yeah, I am bitter.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !