Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Find Volume Control Welcome to Las Vegas Pachislo machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cannot Find Volume Control Welcome to Las Vegas Pachislo machine

Hi All, I am a newbie and just bought my first pachislo machine on craigslist. I cannot for the life of me find the volume control. Its so loud. Any help would be appreciated. J.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cannot Find Volume Control Welcome to Las Vegas Pachislo machine

Welcome to PachiTalk!

I believe the Welcome to Las Vegas machines are actually different machines that have been converted to that theme by replacing the belly glass and with some stickers.

If you can post a couple of pictures inside and out, we can try to identify what the machine was originally and whether or not it came with volume controls.

These machines were originally designed to play in a very loud environment so the ones with volume controls typically have a 3 position switch. Settings usually equate to loud, LOUDER, and OMG!!!

I have added volume controls to all my machines and they are extremely easy to install.

These are the ones I use...

Volume Controls for Pachislo Slot Machine and Pachinko | eBay

I prefer them because they require no soldering. There are less expensive ones available that several members use but they would require some simple soldering...

6 Volume Controls for Pachislo Slot Machine Pachinko | eBay

You will need a volume control for each speaker.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Im thinking there arent any. Will post photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to barbiefreak

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks a lot like a Sammy (Manufacturer) machine to me but I have not been able to identify it yet. I will keep trying.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a 3 position slide switch that controls the volume. I have pointed it out in your picture. More than likely this control will not lower the volume to a suitable level for home use. All of my machines have after market volume controls installed. Search Ebay for Pachislo Volume Controls or look at the links Card Shark has provided.

MVC-681S.JPG
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your machine has been customized into a Welcome to Las Vegas machine. What has been changed is the upper screen is covered with a sticker and the belly glass has been changed.

This is what that machine should look like. th.jpg It is a Hokutonoken, (Fist of the North Star), machine. Built by Sammy in 2006. There is a LCD Screen at the top of the machine that displays graphics and interacts with the sounds and music of the machine and where the reels stop. Not being able to see the LCD screen, the sounds and music the machine makes may not make any sense to you. In some cases the LCD screen may not work and that is why the machine was converted. In other cases the screen is disconnected, (unplugged), and you may have a working screen under that sticker.

A real Las Vegas Pachislo machine looks like this. Made by Olympia in 2001. thk.jpg

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was hoping you would be by soon Wayne. I thought it was a Sammy, just couldn't determine which one.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you everyone for your help. I believe the switch you are talking about Wayne is red with a tiny prong under it? I dont notice any difference in sound by moving the prong. I will go on ebay and get the aftermarket but which one should I get for this machine? Also how do you set the ease of win and where is that located? Lastly, I paid $125.00 for the machine. I hope I didnt get taken but I figured I would take a chance on it. Everything seems to work as it should its just LOUD LOL. For the time being, I tried putting some electrical tape over the speakers but it only made it lower by a little. Again thank you both for your help. Joan

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to barbiefreak

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also could I disconnect one or more of the speakers for the time being?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yea, that's the right switch. The factory volume controls are pretty much useless. The volume controls I get are from Parts Express. Here's the link to them. 500 Ohm Potentiometer 023-500

You can unplug some speakers till you get some volume controls. I don't think you got taken on the machine at $125. For me, I would look into seeing if the upper screen is working. I think you would enjoy the machine more.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Wayne. I would check to see if the screen is working. If you search for "resetting odds" you should find the instructions for changing the odds on the machine. I would post a link but I am on my iPad right now and can never get this thing to do what I want.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the steps to change the Odds.

1. With the power to the machine OFF. Turn the reset key to the right. (The reset key is on the power supply)

2. Turn the power to the machine ON.

3. On the inside of the front door is a small button, this is the odds changing button. By pushing the button and looking at the front of the machine, a number from 1 to 6 will appear in the Credits or Win window. by pushing the button the number will change. 1=less payout then 2,3,4,5 with 6 being the highest payout. Choose the one you want.

4. Once you have decided on a number hold down on the Spin lever. You have now locked in your Odds setting.

5. With the machine still ON, turn the reset key back to the left.

Your Odds have been set and your machine is reset and should show zero in the credit window. Deposit tokens and you are ready to play.

MVC-680S.JPGMVC-681S.JPG
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 09-08-2013 at 11:00 PM.

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks again I will try to reset the odds tomorrow. When you say check to see if the screen is working just take off the sticker?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Before removing the sticker I would check to see that screen is still there and connected. I would also see if there is a way to see if it is working maybe from behind without removing the sticker.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If the sticker is on the outside of the machine and can be peeled back, then yes. My guess is that it is mounted inside the frame. So, you would have to remove the unit inside the machine to get to it. The unit I'm referring to is the one that we talked about earlier where the factory volume controls located. On the other side of that circuit board is the LCD screen and access to the frame that is holding in the sticker.

I know it sounds "Scary" taking the machine apart. But really it's just unplugging connections and taking out screws.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you Mopar!!

27. The following user says "Thanks" to barbiefreak

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another question when disconnecting one or two of the speakers. Do I just pull the wires out of the connection?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by barbiefreak View Post
    Another question when disconnecting one or two of the speakers. Do I just pull the wires out of the connection?
    Yes, Follow the wires from the speakers to the circuit board that they connect to. My guess would be that they connect to the circuit board that is above the "reel glass". (The circuit board that has the factory volume control.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok I changed the ease of win from a 2 which is what it was set on when I got the machine to a 6 but to me doesnt seem to be paying off any better. Then I changed it to a 1 and it seemed to pay a little (not much) better set on 1. I will try to disconnect a couple of the speakers. Yes it looks very scarey inside this machine. We also got a vintage pinball machine and it looks scarey inside and behind but someone is teaching me the "how to's" on that machine also. Im really happy I found this forum!!

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to barbiefreak

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast