Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm bidding on this. Please be a pal and don't bid against me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I'm bidding on this. Please be a pal and don't bid against me.

I think we have always said here at PachiTalk that all is fair in love and pachi buying

and whoever wants something the most will usually end up with it

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Truer words have not been said...How much is your pachinko worth???Whatever someone is willing to pay...
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sandruu View Post
    Ouch, I am sooooooo sorry and feel really bad now! I am the top bidder but before I saw this. I think I might be Mr. Bad here, but not on purpose. I did not see your post here because I was away from my PC on vacation and bidding from my phone app. After I found it came with the card reader and seeing the price, I really wanted it so just started bidding. Plus I liked the little anime girl art. I put my max bid at $75(I think) and I'll stop bidding. Sorry man, if I had access to a PC while I was camping I would have seen this post and stopped but this site does not really work on my phone. I tried to see if I could retract my bid and it seems I can't so all you have to do is beat my $75 max bid.

Just an FYI about eBay so you don't think I was cheating. You can just bid any amount or... you can set your max bid so it will auto bid in the minimum increments needed to beat others until your max price is met. It's a feature of the site not a cheat. (Example: if I bid $75 on a $30 item, it will auto outbid anyone that makes an offer by a dollar until my $75 max is hit. Then a option of new max can be set if wanted.) I had a max bid of like $60 then got beat so moved it up to $75.

Again, so sorry!
    -Justin
    You shouldn't feel bad about bidding on the item. Personally I would never ask someone not to bid on something I was interested in but instead just sit back, don't draw attention to yourself and try and get it. If you really want it go for it as I was looking at it and may bid myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post

I think we have always said here at PachiTalk that all is fair in love and pachi buying

and whoever wants something the most will usually end up with it

I couldn't agree more.

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to whitedawg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hanabi is right, the pachinko is more important to Sandruu than me. I was hoping to get a pachinko cheap. But it is worth more to him than me.
    Since someone else was bidding as well as Sandruu, it is more important to him/her as well.

There are no hard feelings towards Sandruu. It was an honest, yet unfortunate situation, and perhaps my original request was a little out of line. I think we all are interested in the card reader, even if it isn't useable.

Sometimes I consider when a situation turns against my favor, that it is a sign I should not pursue this goal. With this all in mind, I wish Sandruu the best with the auction. I hope he wins.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

8. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is kinda odd to ask people not to bid on something on a forum devoted to that something but I'm not saying its bad or wrong. Probably a little unrealistic and even if no bidders are showing up, be prepared for a snipe or two. In which case you should have a snipe set up with your max. Otherwise you won't have time to submit a higher bid before auction end.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have bid on pachinkos, and not drawn attention to it, hoping no one here has seen it. What a joke...everyone knows about it! Even Craigslist is not sacred, many know, but few will take! You can ask...and some will yield...but if they want it, they will bid. If they want it bad enough...they will bid higher! I cant get mad, or hold it against anyone...it is just the nature of the game.
    On a specific machine...a New Prince, a seller had one with a stand for sale on eBay. It was too much, and shipping high because of the stand. I made an offer without the stand. Seller accepted, changed the price to my best offer...but did not adjust the shipping. I contacted the seller to ask for the adjustment before I clicked on BIN, and RIVAL bought it with full price shipping before adjustment was made. I was not happy! I was even mad at Rival foe awhile. Eventually, I came to realise that He had no idea what the situation was, he saw a price that he could accept, and he clicked before me! Who was I to be mad at, except myself for not sealing the deal, then bickering about shipping! I later found another New Prince New Prince 003.jpg and now all is well! I simply learned, do what you can...and accept the results, another one will come by if you lose. If it looks rare, and you think it is the only one you will see...bid as high as you dare! Accept the results...you can't change them. And it is not worth holding a grudge!

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I usually try to keep quiet on pachis I'm going for even though I know everyone probably already knows about them!!

If a pachi gets posted I don't think it hurts to say if you are going after something you really want..it can keep a few casual bidders away.. But always be ready for another member to out bid you if they want it more.. And its ok to be bummed, but try not to be mad at the person that won it!!

I still remember the one time (about 6 or 7 years ago) I got outbid by another member.. I was bummed until they got the machine with broken glass!!

I eventually won another one and it arrived unbroken!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

No harm in asking, but in the end it comes down to who wants it the most and who has the deepest pockets.
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    No harm in asking, but in the end it comes down to who wants it the most and who has the deepest pockets.
    And that is why I posted here, in hopes of keeping the price low and getting it cheap. But the world doesn't work that way. Anyhow, I hope Sandruu gets it. The auction still has 17 hours to go and he won't have any competition from me.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

18. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it is a nice machine, i wonder if it really works.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like it went for $100. I would have gone higher if a little cleaned up and I knew it was 100% working.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

So did anyone here get it. I would love to see the innards of that card reader. To see if it's worthwhile getting some from Japan, just for the cases.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2