Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another Matrix issue help needed please screen graphic glitch issue

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another Matrix issue help needed please screen graphic glitch issue

matrix video 4
    Pachislo:Fist of the North Star(restored)with side art Sammy,Fire Drift Sammy Pachinko: Hanabi Air Vision,Indiana Jones,Captain Harlock,Star Wars,GT Time,Magic Lamp,Marylin Monroe, Powerful Zero,Onmyoji,LooneyTunes,Evangelion1,2 & 3 , X files, Matrix

2. The following user says "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Pachitalk members I have attached photos of my power board 15 amp fused x 2 and also picture of label that I am unable to read can someone please have a look at your Matrix pachinko underneath the power board there is a label which should give details of the power supply requirements for this machine Please help : ) matrix fuse picture.jpgmatrix label cant read.jpg
    Pachislo:Fist of the North Star(restored)with side art Sammy,Fire Drift Sammy Pachinko: Hanabi Air Vision,Indiana Jones,Captain Harlock,Star Wars,GT Time,Magic Lamp,Marylin Monroe, Powerful Zero,Onmyoji,LooneyTunes,Evangelion1,2 & 3 , X files, Matrix

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my full screen Cutie Honey pachinko videos runs smoothly in fevers and stays cool with only a 4 amp transformer
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is some strange happenings. Ghost in the Machine? I think you need that greater amp (VA) transformer before conducting any heat investigations.
    Also, it might be bad connections or bad chip seating in sockets.

But first, get the right transformer. We know it is suspect, so lets get rid of that variable first.

What were you circling in video 2?
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Rs website down for mantiance at the moment, But heres 2 from Farnell

ABT7ESM025B - SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC - TRANSFORMER, 250VA, 1 X 24V | Farnell United Kingdom

MCTA250/12 - MULTICOMP - TRANSFORMER, 250VA, 2 X 12V | Farnell United Kingdom

The first is more expensive but its the easist to wire up. Just connect your mains flex to the primary side, and your machine to the secondary side. On the connector blocks supplied
    The second is £20 cheaper, But slightly harder to wire up as it uses 2x 115/12 transformers in one unit. So you have to link both the primary coils and secondary coils in series. These are the ones I've been buying. I ordered the 225VA version today for the Heiwa. These you have to join your wires to the transformer, either using a soldering iron or a terminal block. Any problems, give us a shout.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Pachitalk members I have attached photos of my power board 15 amp fused x 2 and also picture of label that I am unable to read can someone please have a look at your Matrix pachinko underneath the power board there is a label which should give details of the power supply requirements for this machine Please help : )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default circuit board. My Minisuka police has the same board. Unlike all my other machines, the daiichi doesn't have the power spec anywhere on it.
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Dr Clam,
    found this interesting tread regarding matrix tranformer power supply issue ...it seems 8.3 amps will be suitable or works as another member has same machine ...can you advise what uk transformer to buy from RS Components ..hopefully I will purchase online tonight and get it delivered tomorrow or wed.

Thanks again for all you help on this matter ...I want to make sure I get the correct one !!

Matrix pachinko over heating transformer?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Pachitalk Members,
    Just to give you an update I purchased this transformer suitable for UK. 240 v input 24v 300 va link attached

Buy Toroidal Transformers Transformer Toroidal DIN rail 300VA 24V Nuvotem 58-0300-024-D online from RS for next day delivery.

Transfomer is performing very well !! Not getting hot at all but ...still issue with graphical glitch error or screen goes totally white during certain game play scenes next thing will be to take out cell inspect wiring and check graphics chips are seated correctly ( with out removing them just lightly pushing them ...never remove rom chips from experience ) ...may have come loose in transport from Japan

Well if you have any more ideas please share I will keep this thread open until I hopefully resolve this issue with The Matrix

Many Thanks Ryan
    Last edited by ryantiger99; 09-08-2013 at 06:09 AM.

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Before you start taking out wiring, try to determine if it could be a glitch in the programming, especially if it occurs at the exact same time every time. Electrical faults rarely cause such predictable results. If something is going bad, it rarely will happen at the same time every time it will be random. If something has failed, then it will fail across the board.

I have two such "glitches" that I have determined to be software errors because of this.

1. On my Yamato Machine, when Starsha appears to grant you an instant fever, the left shock cannon barrel goes out, inexplicablily each time for approx 3 seconds. The other two stay lit. This happens without fail and ONLY during this sequence. This leads me to believe it is a programatic issue. The machine is telling that LED to extinguish.

2. Also on my Yamato, after you win hit a non-Kakuhen bonus, the player is directed to a mini-game with the chance button to give the player the chance to change the non-Kakuhen win into a Kakuhen win. One of these games shows a video of the Yamato passing close by and then pans out from the Flak Cannons. Every time this occurs, there is some short term video corruption at the bottom of the screen like when your satellite disk is in heavy rain. It occurs every time at that exact moment in the sequence and never at any other time.

Since I know the system doesn't render on the fly, the fault has to be either on the original rendering, which means all machines are affected, or an issue with some corruption when it was transferred to the ROM on my system.

On the other hand, I also had an issue where the right shock cannon barrel was consistently dimmer than the rest. That was a physical issue and I was able to determine root cause. I resolved it somewhat, but the point is, you should try and find out if the issue is physical or programatic.

If it's programatic, then you'll have to just accept it as part of the machine's personality since there is no way to "reload" the firmware, and the only solution would be replacing the cell, or the board that contains the main programming.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

16. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bet that transformer weighs a tonne. Well, not that much, but at least a stone or two.

Opus might be on to something, that it is a defect in the machine, and is not right for any Matrix pachinko. But if this was the case, perhaps other people would have posted about it? Have they?

Re-seating the chips is a good idea, that is, if the chips can be reseated.
    Other reasons that might cause your problem are:
    ROM is corrupted
    RAM is corrupted, (if the same part of ROM is loaded into the same part of RAM)
    EEPROM is corrupted (if there is no ROM)
    Something funky with the monitor and blooming. (typically for analog monitors, not LCD panels)

And don't forget the thermal problems we talked about before.

Out of curiosity, have you invoked the test mode? I believe you can do this by holding down the reset button while powering on.
    I don't know about your pachinko, but it might run diagnostic tests that could give you a little more insight to the problem.
    Maybe somebody else can give some insight?
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

18. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Pachitalk Members,
    apologies it has been a long time since I have posted any thing ...well it's an end to a busy busy year for the tiger !

Just to give you an update I have located the issue with my Enter the Matrix pachinko problem turned out to be the rom chips on the back graphics board top right there are 4 chips in total A,B,C,D I guess one was not seated correctly ( C chip ) I pushed on the back of rom chip whilst machine was plugged in ( using an electrical insulated screwdriver ) the white screen error and graphic glitch went away problem resolved .

Thanks to you all for your sound advise

Please find attached video from you tube of working dual layer LCD screen ( now working : )

Matrix pachinko ryantiger99 video 1 - YouTube

Many Thanks to you all Happy new year !! Ryantiger99

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Another Matrix issue help needed please screen graphic glitch issue

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thats great news. it probably got dislodged in transit. I will pop over one day, when i can and your free But without a second car at the moment its a bit difficult.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Dr Clam,
    thanks for your message ...I am really happy about fixing the Matrix pachinko it's a great machine !!

Well you can come over to play pachinko x files , matrix etc ...normally free on Saturdays ok

I am sure we will meet up in the new year I will need to connect the asahi battle counters to matrix and x files using your color code system I will need to source the wiring diagrams

Happy new year mate from Ryan

26. The following user says "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Matrix connections are here

http://daiichi.net/jp/pdf/d777/47.pdf

But by the looks of it you need the right connector to plug in the back.

But as it goes the counters I colourcoded (See I knew it would be useful )

Yellow goes to CN4
    Silver goes to CN2
    Black goes to CN3

X files has spring connectors so no need for any adaptors
    http://daiichi.net/jp/pdf/sankyo/75.pdf

Yellow to 3
    Silver to 5
    Black to 6
    Ian #UKPachinko

28. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Dr Clam,
    Thank you so much for the info on how to connect the Asahi battle counter to Matrix and X files it is much appreciated

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thread Closed Thanks Gang

31. The following user says "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2