Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Matrix issue help needed please screen graphic glitch issue

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Another Matrix issue help needed please screen graphic glitch issue

Hi Pachitalk Members,
    i need you help and advise on Another Matrix pachinko issue now I have got the machine fired up and working well I have another issue with the screen graphic issue or missing scenes in the game and game plays fine in the background but screen freezes or goes blank for a while or the graphic will freeze ...it's like it's trying to catch up or too much information for the machine to handle ? I came up with a few ideas I would like to post to you all for your comments and hopefully past experience

1) Could there be a power issue say transformer not large enough to run machine with its two screens and 6 fans and it must have some sort of built it computer or large processor details of my transformer as follows ...I have had no other power related issues will all of my other machines.

Transformer details model number MWT86- 2405000 ...Input 240v ac 50hz...output 24v ac 5000ma

2) There is a VR1 pot switch located on the top board of machine behind the duel screens LCD graphic issue ? ( board with all the chips on it ) does this require to be adjusted at all does VR stand for voltage regulator have any of you guys tried this ( please don't try to adjust yours if like me your not sure what it will actually do ) !

My VR1 pot switch is currently in the centre middle position ( can you advise what your switch is set to ? And don't adjust yours ok ...

3) I have cleaned all of the fans and the heat extract vent holes from the top screen board ...some holes were actually quite blocked cleaned these with a tooth brush ...I though heat was not getting away from the board quick enough and this was causing my graphic screen glitch error ...it's like one of the duel screens stops working ?

Well I will need to post a video on this one to show you guys exactly what I am talking about I will post later this afternoon ...I will post link to video ok

Many Thanks to you all from Ryantiger99
    Pachislo:Fist of the North Star(restored)with side art Sammy,Fire Drift Sammy Pachinko: Hanabi Air Vision,Indiana Jones,Captain Harlock,Star Wars,GT Time,Magic Lamp,Marylin Monroe, Powerful Zero,Onmyoji,LooneyTunes,Evangelion1,2 & 3 , X files, Matrix

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another Matrix issue help needed please screen graphic glitch issue

Just a quick message. I have had many graphics problems because the transformer isn't up to the job of such a powerful machine. Not sure what the VA or Amp spec of your transformer is. But that's where I would look first. Especially if it's ok for 5-20 minutes after switch on. Or faulty from the start. I wouldn't adjust any pots on the circuit boards on the back just in case.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow 5000ma that's 5A. look on the rear of the machine where it lists the name. You should see a va value. I think it will say 250va Thats 10.2A I would recommend getting a 12A transformer (taking into account the 10% variable) or 275-300va transformer.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have seen the Matrix machine in action on You Tube and it is a beast. The number of fans to keep it cool is astounding. Compared to my Yamato that has no active cooling whatsoever. If your machine needs that many fans, and it does, then I would say your transformer is not up to snuff.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

7. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The VR means Variable Resistor. If the VR is near the video display, it is probably a contrast or brightness adjustment. You probably don't need to touch it.

Six fans??? Wow, that is an oven. With that in mind, fans not spinning fast enough will cause overheating. Overheating of the graphics chip can make weird things happen.

Also this. If the heatsinks use a zinc oxide type heatsink compound, it might have dried up. This would make heat transfer to the heat sink reduced.

Because you removed blockage from vent holes, makes me think that some chips have overheated and the heat sink compound dried out.

Like DrunkenClam said, if the graphics are fine for the first few minutes after power on, then there is a great possibility of heat related problems. You can pinpoint these types of problems with an infrared thermometer and a can of freeze spray.

Off topic, the matrix pachinko has two video displays? Is one on the phone animatronic?
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

9. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My bet is the transformer is underrated. You can get away with a 5 amp (120VA) transformer on older machines (pre 2005), but anything more recent than that really needs 8A and the latest machines are rated at 10A+. The graphics chips are the most power hungry electronic components, and with two screens to drive I'm betting that this one is going to need a good transformer.

Don't start looking for heat related issues until you've got a higher spec transformer. These machines are designed to operate 24/7 with minimal maintenance, so the cooling is usually more than adequate even if it's not in perfect condition. Also, if there are any heatsinks on the chips, they're likely to be bonded on, and you're likely to do some damage if you try to remove them to check for heatsink compound.

11. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the Matrix machine and it uses a 8.3A transformer.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to tommy4132

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Speaking of heat, just how toasty is that underrated transformer getting?
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

15. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All my manuals I have for games in that frame list it as 250va. So I would start there.
    Luckydog also uses under rated transformers with no beef. Maybe because we are converting from 240v not 110. Twice the amount of copper to worry about
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Pachitalk Members,
    thanks to you all for your comments and suggestions I have looked further to find more info on my Matrix machine on the power board there is fuse 1 rated at 15 amps and fuse 2 also rated at 15 amps that said what size transformer would you recommend ?? i am thinking of looking at Maplins. This is the uk radio shack There is a smaller sticker bottom right of machine underneath the power board ...I bet there was power details on there ... Some one has rubbed all of the serial numbers off my machine ? I bought the machine in good faith so it's not stolen but interesting why the seller rubbed these off guess you can track them some how ?

The duel screens query ...well there is an internal screen which gives amazing 3D effect this is used quite often during game play !

The transformer heat query ...yes the transformer gets quite hot I believe this is the root cause of the problem after all of your comments
    Pachislo:Fist of the North Star(restored)with side art Sammy,Fire Drift Sammy Pachinko: Hanabi Air Vision,Indiana Jones,Captain Harlock,Star Wars,GT Time,Magic Lamp,Marylin Monroe, Powerful Zero,Onmyoji,LooneyTunes,Evangelion1,2 & 3 , X files, Matrix

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Forget Maplins. You need to go to RS components or Farnells. Both have excellent website shops. I'm ordering some stuff for work from Farnells later today including a new 200va transformer for my Heiwa (Ok that's not for work )
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Dr Clam ,
    If you could post me a link to RS For the spec on the one your buying for your Heiwa I would be very greatful ...I don't want to buy the wrong one and blow my machine sky high ...lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well found this on RS transformer 240 v 24v. 250 va

Buy DIN Rail Panel Mount Transformers Transformer 230/24V 250VA Block STS250/23/24 online from RS for next day delivery.

This 250 va would be suitable if this is the spec for Matrix power hungry requirements !! Lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This ones even bigger 320va

Buy Toroidal Transformers Toroidal transformer panel mount 24V Nuvotem SFB0320-230-24 online from RS for next day delivery.

I prefer toroidal transformers. personal taste. I sent you a text showing the power rating of the Heiwa. It's printed on the circuit board plastic casing.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 09-01-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Dr Clam,
    thanks for your message this transformer is rated higher at 320 va ...does this matter ? Or will this one perform better because it's rated higher please advise ...I will then buy one and install next week when received ...and this is 20 pounds cheaper !! 8-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Both websites don't include vat on their prices. I'll post some links later when I'm not looking after Jr. I always get a transformer slightly bigger than the rating of the machine. That 320va one has 2x 24v outputs rated at 160va each. You join them together in parallel to make a 24vac @ 320va or series to get 48vac @ 160va
    Ian #UKPachinko

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Dr Clam thanks for your advise mate
    Last edited by ryantiger99; 09-01-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Pachitalk Members please find attached Matrix video 1 - 4 I have now uploaded to you tube

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

matrix video 2

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

matrix video 3

33. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast