Thread: Indiana Jones Pachinko with Cabinet - MN CL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Indiana Jones Pachinko with Cabinet - MN CL

Hi Guys,

Trying to sell an Indiana Jones Pachinko machine with a cabinet in my local MN CL.

Indiana Jones Pachinko machine

What's a realistic price for one of these with a cabinet? I have it priced at $500 (probably too high).

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Indiana Jones Pachinko with Cabinet - MN CL

The price is too high for me, but if you were to advertise in a lucasarts or movie memorabilia forum, you might get a buyer.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah. $500.00 for a Star Wars might be ok, but you are dealing with the Star Wars hook. Indiana Jones was popular, but does not have nearly the cache that Star Wars does.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Price really depends on what someone will give for it, as there is no real "book value" for machines. Personally, I'd give more for it than a Star Wars machine. Not much of a Star Wars fan. (Sorry, p.opus). Point being, it would be worth more to some buyers and less to others. The $500 asking price seems a good price to start with, to me. Looks like it comes with a great cabinet and your picture shows it has a key. You might state in your ad if it comes with balls and if so how many. I probably wouldn't let it go for less than $300/$350 range. If your not in hurry to sell someone who has this on their "must have list" or a big "Indy" fan most likely will give you close to your asking price, if you stand firm.

With all of that said, I picked mine up about a year ago for under $200 on Craigslist. Of course the seller really didn't understand the whole concept of Pachinko. He only had about 300 balls and the machine was mounted on the wall in a cabinet, with no way to fill the hopper or get lost balls, having to open it all the time. No volume controls, It was really, really loud. They didn't enjoy playing it. (wonder why?).

Good Luck!
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love getting deals from people like that. They are happy because you are taking away a nuisance, you're happy because you are getting it for a song.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I paid 375.00 for my Star Wars machine in a nice cabinet. The owner basically sold it for what he paid. It was in mint condition. Still had the promotional glass liner on it. $375.00 is a fair price for a Lumina frame machine. The Lumina frame is a really nice frame with good ambient lighting that responds well to reaches and such.

I picked up my 2007 Yamato for 299 plus 85 shipping, from Akimono.com. So you're looking at $385.00 from a pachinko dealer, and that machine is two years newer (although not quite as good condition as the plastic has yellowed a bit).

My point about the Star Wars was not so much about game play, but the size of the fan base. The Star Wars machine appeals to non-pachinko players because it is a bit of unique Star Wars memorabilia and I can imagine it in a Star Wars fanatics rec room for no reason other than to light up and show the attract screen.

I imagine the gameplay on the Indy machine to actually be better.. The Star Wars machine, to be honest, is a bit antiseptic, now that I have another modern to compare it to. The super reaches are underwhelming, and the interactivity of the game leaves something to be desired due to the very limited use of the chance button.

On the other hand, the somewhat pedestrian play makes a perfect jumping off point for moderns. The game is not overly saturated with Japanese, the reaches are spoken in English, and you don't need to know a lot of Japanese to get the gist of the game. This game made transitioning to my Yamato a lot easier as it has a lot more "stuff" going on, and based on Anime, it is extremely nipponcentric. My familiarity with the basic concepts learned on the Star Wars was crucial to my enjoyment of Yamato.

Bottom line, with newer moderns in the 400 to 600 price range (including shipping) then there needs to be a value add to the Indy to fetch that kind of money. Another Indy was listed on Ebay for $750 recently but it was fully encased in a Mine cart inspired case that was a work of art itself. ( see the following thread: Indiana Jones Pachinko - Custom Freestanding Mine Car Cabinet). $400.00 is more realistic.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the input and feedback. It does come with a tray full of balls. Probably couple of hundred. Will add that to the CL Ad. Also will lower it to $400 for now. Not in any hurry to sell it, just testing the market :-)