Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pachinko Virgin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Virgin

Thanks for trying with the pictures!

Your machine looks like it has round thumb screws that hold the plastic mechanism on the wood frame. Try twisting those off and removing the entire mechanism.
    There might be a few additional things that have to be removed or jockeyed to get the back off. But at least you can see how it works! And also make it easier to clean and get ball jams out.

There is a pachinko ball jam in the jackpot ball exit chute. I call the thing that lifts up to release the jackpot ball the "paperclip".
    You need more pachinko balls to experiment with your machine or just try one ball at a time.
    You also need to get the balls out of the payout mechanism in the middle of the machine, that is a round thing with a white lever piece.

I wouldn't worry about the wiring until the machine works but I know it's hard to resist. I like working on the lights the most myself!
    See if you can find and identify the color of wires to each of the following: low reward light bulb, jackpot light bulb (looks like they are next to each other on your machine - what color wire goes to the center (+) of the bulb?) low reward tray switch, jackpot switch. I don't see a power block or a fuse on your machine, some fabrication will be required.

Not sure about those metal pieces, sometimes I have seen pieces like that at the top to protect wires and sometimes have seen pieces like that on the side to protect the main jackpot lever (yours is behind plastic - so not likely)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those are not thumbscrews. They are round post clips and they are VERY fragile. Push in the clip just enough to clear the panel. Carefully do one at a time and slowly pull the panel back.
    スカイダンス

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the metal looks like someones home made feet???

i vote for feet..

think of the lights like a loop.. power, from your source to the switch.. (low ball or jackpot) then up to the bulb and back to your power source.. it makes no matter weather ya start pos or neg..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have those brackets on mine. They are mounted on the bottom of the wood door as a guide to keep the frame aligned.
    スカイダンス

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Skydanz View Post
    I have those brackets on mine. They are mounted on the bottom of the wood door as a guide to keep the frame aligned.
    Good to know, I'll install them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    the metal looks like someones home made feet???

i vote for feet..

think of the lights like a loop.. power, from your source to the switch.. (low ball or jackpot) then up to the bulb and back to your power source.. it makes no matter weather ya start pos or neg..
    The wires are also color coded so it shouldn't be too much trouble but I would like to do it right.

Funny, I removed the rear panel covers to clean the internals with some compressed air and immediately dropped one of the flap doors(?) and spent half an hour trying to figure out where it came from. The morale to this story? Take lots of digital photos. They're both free and easy.

I spoke with the person that I got the machine from today and they haven't had a chance to look for the balls and may get around to it in a week or so. So I may be in the market for some balls since I want to get this sucker operational asap. Is there a source on this site?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Polara Pat View Post
    I spoke with the person that I got the machine from today and they haven't had a chance to look for the balls and may get around to it in a week or so. So I may be in the market for some balls since I want to get this sucker operational asap. Is there a source on this site?
    I know that balls are widely available on eBay, in a variety of styles (plain, engraved, gold-tone). What I don't know is what's a fair price. Or how many I should have. I've got less than 100 after unjamming my machine.

It seemed like a few more would fall out each time I removed a panel from the back. I eventually built a "corral" out of cardboard and painter's tape. It was about 6" high and encircled the machine when it was standing on my workbench. I'm too old to chase steel balls across my basement floor.

-Dito

Thanks
    Thanks Received

we used to ahve an auction site hear.. but no longer..

ebay is the best..

a vintage machine will hold about 1000 balls in its back hopper and then you have a good supply.. but to be honest your machine will work (for a short period of time) on as few as 250. but your going to have to move balls from the bottom to the top often..

balls seem to hold there value perty good.. so get what ya can afford.. in the last few year i have only see a drop in price of a penny or so... i used to say 6 cents was a good deal but i have seen them as low as 5 cents delivered... watch your shipping charges

the ideal ones are ingraved.. then ya know there right.. color tone ones can peal so watch that.. and plain ones can be ball bearings that are close but not quite right.. others have had good luck with plain ones but i have always sought engraved ones so i never have to worrie..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Getting the initial "start up" settings can be the most confusing for newbies. I would suggest browsing many of the fine articles written on this forum on setting up your machine. If all the levers and switches aren't in the correct position, as well as having enough balls in the upper tray, most machines will jam within the first few balls shot. This one in particular has a wire pushrod that is tied to the upper ball tray (and chute) that will prevent balls from even being shot. Also, there is a mechanism that keeps track of "winning" balls. If there isn't enough balls in the upper tray, balls will start to back up in there and eventually jam. That's also why there were balls stuck in the lower exit chute. Only one ball at a time is supposed to trip levers that allow the jackpot to payout. In the parlors, this was never much of a problem as the balls were continually fed to the hopper and the machine would stop if it ran out. At home, users had access to the playfield and if the machine stopped shooting, many would simply open it up and start dropping balls in. Soon the machine was jammed and many times that was the last time it would get played before the owner would get tired of it sitting around and would sell it or pass it on to someone else. We see so many ads that say machine doesn't work and they know nothing about them or lights don't work. Generally, if all the pieces are present, most machines will work once cleaned and adjusted. In your case, someone probably had a jammed machine and needed some wire and switches for another project and simply cannibalized this one.

It's going to be a challenge to get all the switches and lights operational again, but possible. As many have suggested, get your machine working mechanically first and then concentrate on the wiring. It will work just fine with out a light to tell you the jackpot tray is empty or that you've won a jackpot. That's all the wiring will really do for you.
    スカイダンス

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Getting the initial "start up" settings can be the most confusing for newbies. I would suggest browsing many of the fine articles written on this forum on setting up your machine. If all the levers and switches aren't in the correct position, as well as having enough balls in the upper tray, most machines will jam within the first few balls shot. This one in particular has a wire pushrod that is tied to the upper ball tray (and chute) that will prevent balls from even being shot. Also, there is a mechanism that keeps track of "winning" balls. If there isn't enough balls in the upper tray, balls will start to back up in there and eventually jam. That's also why there were balls stuck in the lower exit chute. Only one ball at a time is supposed to trip levers that allow the jackpot to payout. In the parlors, this was never much of a problem as the balls were continually fed to the hopper and the machine would stop if it ran out. At home, users had access to the playfield and if the machine stopped shooting, many would simply open it up and start dropping balls in. Soon the machine was jammed and many times that was the last time it would get played before the owner would get tired of it sitting around and would sell it or pass it on to someone else. We see so many ads that say machine doesn't work and they know nothing about them or lights don't work. Generally, if all the pieces are present, most machines will work once cleaned and adjusted. In your case, someone probably had a jammed machine and needed some wire and switches for another project and simply cannibalized this one.

It's going to be a challenge to get all the switches and lights operational again, but possible. As many have suggested, get your machine working mechanically first and then concentrate on the wiring. It will work just fine with out a light to tell you the jackpot tray is empty or that you've won a jackpot. That's all the wiring will really do for you.

All really good advice. I'll start reading some older threads on initial set-up. I've done some good preliminary cleaning of the back panel but without a supply of balls I'm a bit stalled on the project.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post

balls seem to hold there value perty good.. so get what ya can afford.. in the last few year i have only see a drop in price of a penny or so... i used to say 6 cents was a good deal but i have seen them as low as 5 cents delivered... watch your shipping charges
    So you're talking 5 or 6 cents per ball? That's not too bad, I guess.

What about the ones listed on eBay as "used, but official"? Anything wrong there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

All balls will be used. Each ball is engraved with the parlour they are from. To say they are new, the seller is either lying or had balls custom made for them straight from the makers in Japan
    Ian #UKPachinko

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Virtually all balls are used. The parlors will discard them after a period of time rather than clean them. Importers will get them, perhaps clean them and then resell them. As long as there is no signs of rust, the balls are essentially good to go with some simple cleaning. A small rock tumbler with crushed walnut shells comes in handy to polish them up. Use good clean balls in refurbished machines and save the crustier ones for testing old machines.
    It'll run you about $50 for about 500 balls shipped. Better deals can be had for larger quantities. Once you start collecting these machines (and you probably will) you'll start accumulating balls like crazy. Then you'll find them everywhere!
    スカイダンス

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk. Looks like you have a Kyoraku. You are missing a couple microswitches and the fuse block. I'll see if I can find some pics of the back of a complete model of that vintage.
    Any chance that you have any images of the back panel for reference of a similar machine? Since I'm currently stalled for lack of balls (pachinko balls that is) I thought that I may as well deal with the wiring.
    Last edited by Polara Pat; 08-27-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is from another member's machine. Most of mine are in storage at the moment and rather hard to get at.
    スカイダンス

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Skydanz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bundto View Post
    So you're talking 5 or 6 cents per ball? That's not too bad, I guess.

What about the ones listed on eBay as "used, but official"? Anything wrong there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    to be 100% sure get balls that have engraving on them...

others will probably work but if there engraved your golden

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I ordered a supply of 500 engraved steel balls for $35 shipped. Seemed like a good deal. Now I'm just waiting on PayPal to get off their a** and process the payment. I'll let everyone know how they look once they show up (hopefully next week).

-Dito

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to bundito

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is from another member's machine. Most of mine are in storage at the moment and rather hard to get at.
    Thanks, this does appear to be the same machine with one missing cover. The wires from the top left of your image are routed behind the panel on mine. Is there a close-up of the business end on the top right? I'm assuming that is where a small 1A fuse and maybe a battery would go. A wiring diagram is probably out of the question.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Wiring Diagram

This might help. If you can tell me what color wires go to each device currently, a better diagram can be prepared.

Wiring Diagram Vintage.jpg
    Wiring Diagram Vintage.zip
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

22. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Wiring Diagram

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    This might help. If you can tell me what color wires go to each device currently, a better diagram can be prepared.

Wiring Diagram Vintage.jpg
    Wiring Diagram Vintage.zip
    Cool, I think I might be able to make that work. My wires are white, yellow, red and blue. Not sure which ones are pos/neg but I can probably figure it out if I pull one of the lights out.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Wiring Diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Polara Pat View Post
    Cool, I think I might be able to make that work. My wires are white, yellow, red and blue. Not sure which ones are pos/neg but I can probably figure it out if I pull one of the lights out.

Thanks
    Jackpot switch wire colors?
    Jackpot bulb socket wire colors? (positive is in center of socket on bottom, negative is on side of socket)
    Low Reward Tray switch wire colors?
    Low reward tray bulb socket wire colors?
    Fuse wire colors?

I'll try to draw something up just for your machine. Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast