Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Absurd insurance charges !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Absurd insurance charges !

They definitely deserve to make a profit. They price they offered me was a fair price and had I not known that another member had received a better price a week prior, I would have bought the machine.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    isn't that the same idea airlines have when they sell their tickets
    And hotels when they rent a room, and gas stations when they sell fuel. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

So in other words, pachinko and pachislo machines are a commodity? In the way that airplane tickets, hotel rooms, and fuel are? Like food is?

To me, that is one of the ugly sides of capitalism. Too much focus on profit. Whatever happened to: doing good business, enjoying your work, and making money? Now the first two are skipped over.

Admittedly, some business have to deal with daily fluctuations of the cost of resources, airlines and jet fuel, gas companies and crude oil, but since when did the value of a building and the employees inside vary on a daily basis? IE, hotels? Yes, supply and demand. Yet web sites like hotwire provide a service of selling unused rooms for hotels. To me, that indicates something wrong with the "soak'em for all they got cause a convention is in town" business model.

Oh hell, here I am ranting again. Sorry about that.
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

no one has ever got rich importing and reselling pachislos and pachinkos.

the small customer base make's that impossible.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I ordered from 5BTC when first opened up I got like 4 machines in total MORE than I thought I could. Shipping was ORIGINALLY included in sale etc.
    When you paid $299 that was it... I REALLY took advantage of that. I am sure they were losing SOME money on that and this is the result...
    I paid $299 for my RAVE machine SHIPPED! I wish I had more money to get a few more... I did not and it will cost me to get more... I am lucky I got
    what I got but times have changed... I also have friends who live near Chantilly so I bet I could avoid shipping :-) I would NOT want to pay sales tax though...
    JUST have to see when I recover... daughter's 10K tuition is due tomorrow...
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

7. The following user says "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've ordered two items from 5 brothers in the past week (form their sale). 5 Brothers is a great seller. Ive had both a pachislo and pachinko show up in excellent order. No insurance!
    I am looking for a Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) Pachinko/Pachislo. If you have one for sale and are in the USA please let me know!
    Pachislo - Hokuto No Ken 2003 _ Pachinko - Evangelion
    7 2012 - Super Sea Story 2006

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PachiPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is good to hear.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    That is good to hear.
    Yeah, it might save me some money. Now to get the damn Virginia tax removed.
    Da' Horse!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    Yeah, it might save me some money. Now to get the damn Virginia tax removed.
    How are you getting the Virginia tax? Did you email John directly and ask him to make you an invoice? Once you register and enter your shipping address the Virginia tax is removed.
    I am looking for a Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) Pachinko/Pachislo. If you have one for sale and are in the USA please let me know!
    Pachislo - Hokuto No Ken 2003 _ Pachinko - Evangelion
    7 2012 - Super Sea Story 2006

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiPachi View Post
    How are you getting the Virginia tax? Did you email John directly and ask him to make you an invoice? Once you register and enter your shipping address the Virginia tax is removed.
    PM sent.
    Da' Horse!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No way for me to get around the tax but at least I would not be shipping.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm, I wonder if someone at Five Brothers was reading this thread? They have reduced the prices of some pachinkos, now negating the price of insurance, as compared to the previous price.
    Da' Horse!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hopefully. Just want honest business practices. They deserve to make a profit. But please do not play games.

They would have had my business in the past, had they offered me the same deal as another member got got a week prior to me.

I do wish them the best of luck and hope they do well. Just want a fair deal if I decide to purchase from them.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have any of you ever tried to collect an insurance claim from UPS? We ship 10-15 shipments daily with UPS and the insurance was so much per $100. We would add insurance to cover the selling price which was not near what was being discussed here. Typically they charge $.40/$100.00. When a claim is made, they only allow shipper to make claim. I will say that we never get paid for an insurance claim, they always have some long drawn out excuse. Packaging was not up to standards, or whatever.

I agree, who ever I selling is padding profit. We have since discontinued insuring but ask customer if he wants it or not and let him decide. We also advise that we are o responsible if UPS does not pay. I take pictures of all insured shipments and document packing and what is inside.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    This may help explain a bit of confusion I ran into with Five Brothers awhile back. A member ordered a Biohazzard pachislo from them and had it shipped. This is a machine I have been wanting and so I decided to contact them although instead of shipping, I intended to drive a couple of hours nd pick it up. The price quote to me was higher. I explained that I was serious about buying but wanted the same price they had sold the other one for just a week prior. They responded that they only had one or two of the machine left and felt they would get their price for it. The price honestly wasn't bad but I decided not to buy on principle.

The experience did not completely turn me off to them. I still hope to make the trip to their showroom at some point.

I wonder if you approached it I a way that would have them believe you intended for them to ship it, if they would have sold it for the lower price? Once they finalize the price, tell them you're going to pick it up from their location. Picking it up will subject you to the sales tax inarguably though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2