Thread: I bought a Pacheco Machine today.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default I bought a Pacheco Machine today.

Well, that is how it was listed in Craigslist. Nevermind it was located near a city called Pacheco.

Anyhow, its a great condition Le Rose de Versailles 1. It has about 10 years of dust on it, but I have already gotten the cell out, and looks to be an easy clean up, no scrubbing needed. I will need to install something to lower the volume though, talk about stupid loud. It appears to have two stereo speakers and a sub-woofer between the trays.

So I have a couple of questions for the Pachi Gods. This machine is semi dedicated to slot wheels on the video display.You will see what I mean in the picture. On the far right "reel", with the 4, there are two icons in the lower right corner, an "X" and a "-", it makes me think they are to close and minimize. But what and how? The video display?

When powered up, the machine is silent. Push the "PUSH" button and the music screams on, and an organizational chart is displayed. However there is nothing in the blocks. Push the button again, and a character is displayed, and they speak something. Push again, and a different character is displayed and they speak something else. If you push enough times, the display returns to the organizational chart.

On the back, there are two connectors that look like phone line connects. I doubt that is what they are for, but what is their purpose? I have indicated there location with the green arrows. Are they for the Gaming Police to plug an analyzer in to determine if the pachinko is rigged? Dunno.

Anyhow, back to cleaning it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Da' Horse!

Don't F with Pachinko Machines, Man !

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I bought a Pacheco Machine today.

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You may already have them, but just in case, here's a couple of links to the manuals in the RC Centre for "La Rose De Versailles"

(Presume it is the 2004 model)

PachiTalk Research Center - Machine Manuals - La Rose de Versalles - PachiTalk

PachiTalk Research Center - Machine Manuals - La Rose de Versailles Booklet - PachiTalk

Also, regarding the volume, one of the manuals (scroll down) shows there are also 'fine adjustment volume controls' which seem to be in a different position to the placing of the 'factory volume controls'

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you Hanabi!

The factory adjustment volume controls is a two position switch with settings of "thats damn loud!" and "stop screaming at me!". Mind does not have the fine volume controls. So I am going to attempt to hard wire a resistor to the speakers. No adjustment, but it sure is a lot smaller.

Thanks Mopar,
    My machine was made in 2004, so QR codes were not invented yet. Those could be internet connections, but how would one configure it? I am reluctant to just plug a cable in and see what happens. Because there are two, it makes me think that possibly they are to be connected to each other. And who knows why.

There is a lot of smoke dirt on this machine. Not on the playfield, but on the plastics on the back. Kind of weird actually. The ash tray is clean as a whistle, and no cigarette burns anywhere. Because of the colors and theme of this machine, I thoroughly believe it was made for women. Maybe it didn't get much use and that is why the playfield is so clean.
    Da' Horse!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have to apologize. I was wrong. There is a QR code on this pachinko, and therefore QR codes had been invented by 2004.

Sometimes I forget how ignorant, yet arrogant, I really am.
    Da' Horse!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

newer cells tend to all be pretty clean,

I think they are leveled so the balls don't rub on the playfield too much
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The X and - on the screen might be the sub roulette ( when the ball passes through a certain gate(s) an indicator or light will start oscillating back and forth between the x & - for a brief time then settle on one
    If its an X ( or positive) it will briefly open the tulip surrounding the start pocket creating an easier chance for a spin. But a - (or negative) would not do anything
    The symbols (or lights in some cases) appear differently on different machines and these may be them
    If you already knew about the sub roulette disregard this post
    And congrats on the new find!
    Very nice!
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Alpha,
    I knew about roulette gates, but I did not know that is what the little x and - were for. Kind of odd that the damn thing has at least 100 LEDs on the playfield and frame, and not one is used to indicate the roulette. I was trying to determine how stored spins were displayed, still can't find it.

My idea of putting a resistor in-line at the speaker worked, but now it is too quiet. At rest, the volume is kind of soft, but with the machine in operation, I can't hear much of anything. I put in 500 ohm, 1 w. Since it is a chore to dismantle the machine and door to get to the speakers, can anyone advise on a better value for the resistor, so that I wont have to do this a third time? If it helps, the subwoofer is 4 ohm, 10 w, the stereo speakers are 4 ohm, 0.75 w.

I tried experimenting with the subwoofer removed and hooking it up to my stereo. Nothing. Stereo is probably broken anyway, I picked it up at a thrift store. Tried with a portable radio, and the radio had trouble driving the speaker even without the resistor. So electronic techs, do I go with a 200 ohm, a 100 ohm, or what? I would like the sound volume to be just above the noise of the machine in operation.

Yes, a potentiometer would make my life easier, but there is no space for a potentiometer with the speakers, and I really dislike the idea of running wires around the frame and door. I am also the type that despises cutting a wire and splicing in line. I like to keep things looking factory installed.

I think I figured it out. Temporarily solder a potentiometer to the speaker, and adjust to desired volume. Desolder potentiometer and measure its set resistance. Install resistor of similar value. Well, two trips to Fry's beats disassembling the pachinko twice. Another question for the electronics techs. Am I over doing it with the 1 w resistor, or can I go with a smaller heat dissipation?

A big thanks to everyone.
    Da' Horse!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a La Rose De Versalles that I sold in 2005 that I took the front playfield door apart to solder 2 each small PC Potentiometers and had them in a position to adjust Man , what a big pain that was but from the outside you couldn't tell that they were there .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

17. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know daverob recommends 1w or higher for the pots, to prevent burn out.
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well with my experimenting I have concluded that a 10 ohms resistor on the frame speakers will bring the volume to a good level, if slightly quiet. If I need it louder, I will flick the factory volume switch on the back to the higher setting. Now to buy the resistors and put it all back together. Almost there!

And a big thanks to you guys for helping me out.
    Da' Horse!