Thread: A question for Sederien...Oh guru...help me understand my machine.t :-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default A question for Sederien...Oh guru...help me understand my machine.t :-)

Seriously though, If there is anyone who can answer this, it would be you.

I got my CR Yamato machine today and it appears I got the "lite" version, which is fine. I just need help in translating what I am seeing.

If you go to Fuji's site, you can get information on the various models of this machine.
    ¥Þ¥·¥ó¥Ò¥¹¥È¥ê¡¼¡ÃÀ½Éʥ饤¥ó¥Ê¥Ã¥×¡Ã¥Ñ¥Á¥ó¥³¡¦¥Ñ¥Á¥¹¥í¥á¡¼¥« ¡¼Æ£¾¦»ö

There are 4 basic models: FPH, FPB, FPL And FPW . The first three machines are almost identical with the exception of the playfield art and the Kakuhen probability ranging from 60% for the FPB up to 64% for the FPL. They all have 1/310 odds which lower to 1/31 during Kakuhen continuation. They all have 15 round bonus modes at 9 balls per round, and the payoff is identical 3 (start pocket) 5 (wing) 10 (non-start pocket) and 13 (bonus round payout door). The also all have 100 spin chance rounds after a Jitan bonus.

see example below.
    Yamato FPB.png

My machine, the FPW is drastically different if I am reading this correctly.
    If I am reading my data sheet correctly, My odds are 1/99 which lower to 1/9 during Kakuhen continuation.
    I have a Kakuhen continuation probability of 65%
    My Bonus rounds show two different possibilities 7 rounds OR 15 rounds at 8 balls per round
    Payout of 3 (start pocket) 5 (wing) 10 (non start pocket) and 10 (bonus round payout door)
    30 spin chance mode.
    (See Below)

Yamato FPW.png

My question is about the bonus rounds. My machine is the only one that mentions 7R or 15R. This seems to indicate that I can earn a 15 round bonus. All the bonuses I've earned thus far, both Kakuhen and Jitan, have been 7 Rounds. However, some modern machines have been known to give extra big bonus for triple 7's, so could it be that a Trip 7 bonus is 15 rounds? I know you may not know specifically, but I just want to verify that the "7R or 15R" means that a 15 round bonus is possible to achieve through game play.

Just on a hunch, I looked at the spec sheet for the standard Yamato 2 that was released in 2009. (see below)
    yamato 2 fph.png
    You can see here that the bonus rounds are listed as 2R or 15R which seems to indicate that they are employing the Koatari system on this model. It also seems to indicate that both those bonus types are available during play.

I just want to know I'm reading these right. And more importantly, that a 15 round bonus is actually achievable on my machine and that 15 rounds listed is not like some optional "setting" available from the factory (like chrome wheels on a car)

Thanks for your help.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: A question for Sederien...Oh guru...help me understand my machine.t :-)

Hi !

While you wait for
    Sederien the GURU !!!

First - your machine is not in any way VASTLY different, unless you consider the odds of a Big Hit a vast difference.

When the companies produce these machines, they usually have variations for the cells. The variations are generally only different in the way they pay out... I mean the odds are like 1/99, 1/156, 1/200, 1/349 etc. (made these numbers up for example) These equate to the FPH, FPB, FPL And FPW you referenced

My experience has shown that the machines that pay out more (like 1/99) tend to have big hits with 2 or 7 rounds, and the 9 and 15 round bonus are less frequent. I have also found that the machines that hit big less often (1/349) are more likely to have a 15 or 9 rounder as the norm, and less 2 and 7 rounders.

Your machine DOES have the possibility to hit 15 rounds, so do not fret

In nearly ALL cases when you are in quick-spin mode (battle mode that usually for 50 to 100 spins depending on the machine and the step up level you are at), the odds of getting another big hit go WAY up while in this mode, and you are likely to get multiple bonus rounds. Most moderns are like this.

I hope this helps !

RR
    Last edited by rubberratt; 08-16-2013 at 05:03 PM.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

3. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: A question for Sederien...Oh guru...help me understand my machine.t :-)

The infallible rubberratt pretty much covered it, but to clarify one thing: Even though your machine does indeed have the potential to give you a 15R bonus, keep in mind that the hit rate is exceedingly small on (most) 1/99 machines. You're looking at 1-4% of ALL bonuses being 15R and everything else being 7R. Good news is that the 15R on these types of machines are also typically part of the 65% kakuhen system (which means if you do manage to score a full 15R, you'll get a guaranteed continuation).

Your particular machine (FPW) breaks down as follows:

12% of wins = 2R kakuhen (You won't make any balls on this, but you're now in 1/9.9 mode... and yes, it's 1/9.9, not 1/9 as listed on their site. ^^)
    52% of wins = 7R kakuhen
    1% of wins = 15R kakuhen
    Rest = 7R regular (I assume)

P.S.

You do know there's a sticky thread for these very questions, right? It also has the advantage of notifying me when someone posts.
    Last edited by Sederien; 08-17-2013 at 02:29 AM.
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Sederien