Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: need help identifying and starting to get this heiwa machine working.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: need help identifying and starting to get this heiwa machine working.

Not sure, I don't know much about vintage machines, as they're too scary for someone like me work on

You don't give yourself enough credit... ball hits lever, lever moves, trips other lever, etc. etc. I'm not a mechanical genius, but I found understanding my vintage pretty straight forward.

I took apart the Yamato a little more and got closer to the light, but it's still packed in tight and I just knew I was mere seconds from screwing up a wire harness.

I understand what you're saying daverob, but I still contend that it's easier to bend a piece of metal or jury rig a lever than it is to replace the board that controls the graphics or the logic that dictates how the payout computer works.

While I agree with what your saying that one's comfort zone lies with one's skill set. I do contend that for the average joe, grasping the mechanical concepts for a vintage is an order of magnitude simpler than trying to grasp the workings of the main CPU or graphics subsystem.

Hell, I wish you lived closer, I'd take the machine apart and let you try and tell me how to make that last cannon illuminate like the others.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: need help identifying and starting to get this heiwa machine working.

Since the shooter strength is mechanically controlled and I know that the wire going to the shooter is 6 volts I'm thinking this motor with a can on the end might just do the trick. Thoughts?

TowerHobbies.com | Dumas 6 Volt Motor 18-33" Boats

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by leapcow View Post
    Since the shooter strength is mechanically controlled and I know that the wire going to the shooter is 6 volts I'm thinking this motor with a can on the end might just do the trick. Thoughts?

TowerHobbies.com | Dumas 6 Volt Motor 18-33" Boats
    That motor will be way too fast (unless you want to shoot 10,000 balls per minute onto your playfield!).

You need a motor with an integral gearbox that reduces the speed of the cam to around 100rpm. There's plenty on eBay (if you don't mind shipping from China), search for '6v 100rpm motor' and pick one of the 32mm or 37mm diameter ones and it should be powerful enough to operate the shooter mechanism.

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How does this one look? The off center shaft is similar to what I've seen in other machines too.

32mm Dia Magnetic Gear Box Motor 40GB 100 RPM 50MA 6V DC Black Silver Tone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2