Thread: Installing a Gaku Counter on a Fuji Oval Frame. Any suggestions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Installing a Gaku Counter on a Fuji Oval Frame. Any suggestions

Maybe too late... How about one WIN sensor lower in the machine. Right before they get back to the shooting tray?
    how do you use 2 win sensors? If they are in parallel either one would feedback (cancel) the other one? I don't know! I'd breadboard it first... Just 2 free cents...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Installing a Gaku Counter on a Fuji Oval Frame. Any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Maybe too late... How about one WIN sensor lower in the machine. Right before they get back to the shooting tray?
    how do you use 2 win sensors? If they are in parallel either one would feedback (cancel) the other one? I don't know! I'd breadboard it first... Just 2 free cents...

I would test it first. I'm not sure what the signal is. I guess I'm working on simple on off voltage. I am assuming that the payout sensor is like a normally open switch and when a ball passes in front of it, it closes the circuit to allow voltage to pass. In that way if one was closed and the other open in parallel, there would be no problem. The only problem would be if both closed at the same time, The resulting signal would have the voltage drop across both branches simultaneously and thus would look like a single hit to the board when in fact it's two.

The design of the payout sensor prevents two balls passing through twice because the gears are offset. So that's not an issue.

However, tonight I looked closer an you are right. Further down the payout chute the balls go to a common area. I think there are some places there I can put it. The problem is it is completely sealed so I'm going to have to be pretty sure where I want it before I start grinding plastic. I'm gonna take apart the payout system tonight and examine it. There might be some internal areas I can mount the sensor then just run the leads out of the chute. It's gonna take some tinkering. Of course I'll document it and post pics if I get it running.

Last night a found a penetration to run the shot sensor through. Even that is challenging because the shooter on the frame is in the center of the frame not on the right side. But it appears that may be my saving grace. There are almost no penetrations to the front of the board except on the left side of the playfield. Since the shooter is in the middle, I may have enough wiring to actually route the cable to the left side of the playfield and go that way.

This by far is the most challenging Gaku install I've ever done. But I gotta do it. My star wars is so much nicer because of the counter because I can keep a running tab of total net balls won.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...