So I am about to pull the trigger on the purchase of a pachinko from a domestic vendor.
It seems that the shipping is reasonable $80-$90, considering that by my checking prices online from fedex, ups, etc, it ranges from $120 to $200.
However, the insurance seems extreme $50-$60. It seems that other vendors, and ebay sellers, do not have this fee.

It this the way it goes with the particular shipping courier that the vendor has chosen, that the shipper is inexpensive, but makes up the margin in expensive insurance?

Or is this a third-party insurance?

Given your experiences, is this insurance not really necessary, considering the probability that the only thing to break is the glass, and a plexiglass replacement can be had for, say, $20. Or has shipping (domestically) been nightmares and the $50+ fee is a bargain and guarantees a whole, functional pachinko?

And what about the return shipping of the freight damaged pachinko, who pays for that?

Should I just consider that $80-$90 (vendors shipping) plus $50-$60 (vendors insurance) is effectively less than $120-$200 (my shipping and insurance)?

Please tell me of your domestic shipping experiences.

Thank you much