Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Server Busy Notice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Server Busy Notice

It's been hard to get on the Forum lately as most of the time I get the following message:

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

I've noticed up to 250 users on at a time but have never had problems before. It's been really difficult trying to get on for the past week or so and I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Server Busy Notice

Hello

we have had a problem for 2-3 days but I believe it was resolved last night?

Other members have mentioned it over the past couple of days, but no major reports today so far (8pm here)

are you STILL getting Server Busy messages?
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    Hello

we have had a problem for 2-3 days but I believe it was resolved last night?

Other members have mentioned it over the past couple of days, but no major reports today so far (8pm here)

are you STILL getting Server Busy messages?
    I have been up to and including this morning. If it continues I'll let you know (12:15 P.M here)

The pages have always been a little slow loading, compared to other sites, which is not an issue. I just thought there was an unusually high amount of traffic and that's why the server busy page was coming up.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to whitedawg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

SpamBots... ruling the roost.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just an update...I'm still having problems getting on the site because of "Server Busy Notices" and some pages have taken up to 30 seconds to load. 30 seconds may not seem like a long time but when you click and have to wait the time for a page to load it seems like an eternity, especially when you click, wait the time and get the server busy page. The number of users on the site have been between 150 to 180. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just reporting my findings as if there's a problem it can be addressed.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to whitedawg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

30 seconds ain't too bad. Using tapatalk that is about normal for a thread with a lot of pictures.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is going on for days now and still getting

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    30 seconds ain't too bad. Using tapatalk that is about normal for a thread with a lot of pictures.
    On a fast PC it's not an acceptable speed. The real issue is taking that amount of time to load the forum homepage then go to a forum topic and finally the topic threads. A 30 second load for each click isn't really acceptable especially when you end up with the server busy message, it gets discouraging trying to view the forum.

I just thought the slow page loads and server busy message may be connected.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by whitedawg View Post
    On a fast PC it's not an acceptable speed. The real issue is taking that amount of time to load the forum homepage then go to a forum topic and finally the topic threads. A 30 second load for each click isn't really acceptable especially when you end up with the server busy message, it gets discouraging trying to view the forum.

I just thought the slow page loads and server busy message may be connected.
    Maybe and most likely. Though how is your internet connection? If it is just this site that is slow then it is probably something to do with the server busy messages.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Maybe and most likely. Though how is your internet connection? If it is just this site that is slow then it is probably something to do with the server busy messages.
    I have a fast cable connection and don't have any problems on other sites. It's possible the two problems are connected and as mentioned earlier it could be bots. It doesn't appear to be related to the number of users online either and cardwwi seems to be having the server busy problem too.

It seems faster tonight and no server issues so far.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been having "server busy" notices as well. Usually it is not a big problem...I usually have something MORE important to do at the time. However, when you type in a paragraph to explain something to another member about a problem they are having...and get the "server busy" message...they might not get the advise they need. Because the moment is GONE, and the retyping of the message probably wont be "try again later". I try to retype my response...but I get discouraged, and the response gets lost forever.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After posting on a thread, I went to home page..."server busy", refreshed page about 40 times...at 5am...finally able to get back. Only 10 members and 184 guests. "most users ever online was 738" A lot more than 194! I cant see how many are online while "server is busy" I don't really expect to see "server bust" at 5am...but I do. I never get this at any other site.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I cant see how many are online while "server is busy" I don't really expect to see "server bust" at 5am...but I do. I never get this at any other site.
    I wanted to edit my spelling for "server bust", but the "edit" option was not there. This was seconds after posting...as I know that the "edit" option is only good for 10 minutes.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I wanted to edit my spelling for "server bust", but the "edit" option was not there. This was seconds after posting...as I know that the "edit" option is only good for 10 minutes.
    Sometimes when I want to edit a post right away the option isn't there to do so. Perhaps it has something to do with quick posting versus advanced posting.

I've also tried refreshing about two dozen times on a few occasions then gave up and tried again later.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok we seem to have 2 separate threads regarding the same topic 'server busy' so forgive me for duplicating my post reply here also:

We are aware of a problem and that PachiTalk and it's members are being disrupted by 'Server Busy' messages.

We are trying our best to get it resolved as fast as possible for our members

Please bear with us, we really appreciate your patience and hope it is resolved soon

P.S. Regarding Editing - If it's something that you need vitally editing for the post to make sense, then I am always happy to edit for you, you only have to ask
    Angie ...

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post

Ok we seem to have 2 separate threads regarding the same topic 'server busy' so forgive me for duplicating my post reply here also:

We are aware of a problem and that PachiTalk and it's members are being disrupted by 'Server Busy' messages.

We are trying our best to get it resolved as fast as possible for our members

Please bear with us, we really appreciate your patience and hope it is resolved soon

P.S. Regarding Editing - If it's something that you need vitally editing for the post to make sense, then I am always happy to edit for you, you only have to ask
    Oops!!! That would be my fault as I didn't notice the one started in Suggestion Box earlier the same day that I started this one. If you can and would like to delete this one to avoid any further confusion then by all means please do so. Sorry for not looking more carefully.

I knew about the 10 minutes for editing but was wondering why sometimes you're not able to go back and edit at all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by whitedawg View Post
    Oops!!! That would be my fault as I didn't notice the one started in Suggestion Box earlier the same day that I started this one. If you can and would like to delete this one to avoid any further confusion then by all means please do so. Sorry for not looking more carefully.

I knew about the 10 minutes for editing but was wondering why sometimes you're not able to go back and edit at all.
    There's no problem with the 2 threads at all, only mentioned it to explain the reason for my duplicate posts

I know it would have been dificult to post and navigate the site at the time

Originally I was going to 'merge' the 2 threads but decided against it, didn't want to mix up any replies

Not sure why there are problems with the editing though,
    I believe there's roughly a 10 minute editing window
    Occasional glitch? or browser error? or something more sinister?

but if anyone needs help with editing then let me know, I don't bite, honest!!

Spoiler

Angie ...

22. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Server Busy" message still a pretty regular thing around here. 13 members, 3 guests, 250 bots.
    "Knowledge is good." - Emil Faber

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still getting "Server Busy" messages here as well along with very slow loading of pages a lot of the time. I'm spending less time on the forum now because of this. I've tried posting numerous times and after typing everything out it won't upload because the message keeps coming up time after time so that eventually I just give up, very frustrating. I hope they find out what the issue is.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do get server busy sometimes, but, pachitalk runs much better using chrome instead of IE8
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

26. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast