Thread: Anyone else got a Thunderbirds 3 ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Anyone else got a Thunderbirds 3 ?

Hi, i am new to Pachislo and got a Thunderbirds 3 one which to be honest as I had done no research was a bit loud and frightening for the kids ! I am really into arcade machines but thought hey lets buy one of these!

I have installed two potentiometers which has nicely reduced the famous Hum and no longer frightens the kid.

However I just need to make sure it playing as it should.

For others thathave this machine does it play and music or anything when the lcd screen is showing ? Mine does not seen to do much special affects in association with the LCD screen. I have heard the thunder but with 50 credits apart form the coins registering with a sound have heard little else. I have just played 50 credits on it and only lvd graphic bit I got to is the same old truck moving right to left. When I look on youtube there seems to be a bit more action and special affets noises. I am fairly new and dont understand if I need to reset it or anything. Itsnot showing game over or anything and reset switches dont seem to match any in the manuals and links from other parts of the forum . it took me long enough to find the two volume switches. A guess a key question is when you see the screen with 5 4 3 2 1 thinderbirds are go, should there be sound on that ? In normal play of 50 credits very little sound.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Anyone else got a Thunderbirds 3 ?

Also although I have a key for the front door, I dont have a key for the power supply unit to change any odds. Are these generic keys. I.e If I find someone with the same model of machines would a copy of their key do the trick ? Or can these be ordered from somewhere ?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its probably easier to replace the key with a simple on/off toggle switch. Not all pachislo keys are the same.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello

I do have a Thunderbirds III pachislo, but it's in storage and it's been a long long time since I played it (about 4 or 5 years ago ) it was sort of a theme that didn't hold my interest much at the time, probably appeals more to the males

Sorry I can't recall just how much sound there is in the normal screens

Remember that most people post up videos of something interesting that happens with their machines, like bonus rounds, and so the videos on youtube can often be edited highlights

You probably need to play it a lot more though, see if you can get some of the bonus screens up an then you should get some effects going. it could just be going through a 'dry spell', and once you get into the bonus rounds you should have more action and effects.

Hopefully other members with this model will post with advice for you too

In the meantime, Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cheers for the advise I kept loading it up today !
    Also put speakers back to how they were and still the same so I assume its normal. I do get a few effects the further I go like lightening and phone ringing and flashing red lighs etc. I can see characters briefly speaking like but I assume you cant hear them. Shame really thought it would be more fun !

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If they are cheap low wattage pots, They can burn out easierly. I'd remove them all together and do some testing that way, Also trace the wires to and from the speaker, Just to make sure they are actually plugged in, I brought a machine once and only 1 of the 3 speakers were connected.
    Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just finished watching some youtube stuff as hanabi said and mine is working exactly the same, so must be normal. It seems only to be at bonus mode it plays the theme, most of the other videos are silent. One thing I can say after reading the repairs forums , I think I must of struck lucky... The actual real spins and everything else works perfectly, just the missing key ! Right back onto my aracde machine now, time for metal slug !

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Venom