Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help with my new AKB48 Machine...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help with my new AKB48 Machine...

The NTE4951 is on its way.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

No way do you want a 5A transformer. All my manuals for the previous frame list it as 200va (8A) yours is probably 250va (10.5A) for 24vac.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    If we provide it with 110V or whatever our "normal" voltage from our homes, we risk great damage to the machine and the escape of the "magic smoke" from several of the electronic components in the system. Therefore it is important that we purchase our own transformer and install it into the machine.
    So...do you think there is still point in buying the transformer or since there was smoke (very little) the machine is gone? and isn't the Fuze (and BIDIODE) suppose to prevent and protect the machine???In addition if there is damage - is it usually to the frame or to the Cell or both?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    The NTE4951 is on its way.
    I can't thank you enough! really!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know what your home set up is. So you use a 220-110 drop down transformer. Then a 110-24 transformer to power the machine. But someone didn't use the 220-110 transformer and applied 220v to the 110v transformer. Frying a component. Is that right?

My main point is. Does your electrician know he's meant to be testing the psu board at 24vac not 110.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I don't know what your home set up is. So you use a 220-110 drop down transformer. Then a 110-24 transformer to power the machine. But someone didn't use the 220-110 transformer and applied 220v to the 110v transformer. Frying a component. Is that right?

My main point is. Does your electrician know he's meant to be testing the psu board at 24vac not 110.
    Well - he now knows that...that is what you get when no one knows what pachinko is besides you...

at least he didn't test it while it was connected to the machine...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my 2 pachinkos, Cutie Honey and Evangelion one with battle counter are both running on 4 amp transformers
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

11. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

- show quoted text -
    Circuit should work just fine without it in place, it's just a protection device in case your supply voltage has spikes and noise. If your repair guy can't get the board working it's not because of that transorb...

From RGP.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I apologize, I may have misunderstood the situation.

It sounds like you already had a transformer with the machine. You should be able identify it as it is usually mounted on the bottom of the frame with a power cord leading from it to the wall.

Just to be clear. Absolutely no card or component of the machine should be exposed to anymore than 24VAC. The entire system is designed to run on 24VAC. The transformer that is mounted on machines by importers or resellers is a stepdown transformer designed to step whatever house current you have down to 24VAC.

A lot of people blow their machines up because they get one "fresh off the boat" from japan that does not have a stepdown transformer and the leads go straight from the power distribution board to a Plug. Because that plug is similar to a US 110V plug, they mistakenly plug it into house voltage and SNAP! CRACKLE! POP!. Sometimes they luck out and simply blow a fuse, but other times they really damage the machine.

You can see on my machine below, the big transformer near the bottom of the machine. Two wires come out of the transformer to a wall plug. The other two wires go from the transformer to the PCB. My transformer has an output of 24VAC rated for 6AMPS. It is a 2005 Star Wars Sankyo.

So rule of thumb is this. House current should NEVER go straight from the house to the PCB. Only 24VAC should be applied to the PCB. Also you should look at the input voltage of the machines transformer, If it's rated for 110V, you may need another stepdown transformer before the machine's transformer to convert the 220VAC in your home to 110VAC input of the machines transformer.
    IMAG0324.jpgIMAG0325.jpg
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

14. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It seems there is nothing left to do...only on the PCU there are 15 components that are ruined - and no one can tell if there are more malfunctions further down the machine...1600$ went down the drain...what can you do...

Thank you for all your help...

If you want you can find an almost a new Kyoraku Machine at the garbage in front of my house right now...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Chumsize has a contact in Japan that breaks machines, as it's a new model. I'm sure they will have a complete PSU. Or failing that a complete frame. But don't give up yet. Hang in there
    Ian #UKPachinko

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mosheste View Post
    It seems there is nothing left to do...only on the PCU there are 15 components that are ruined - and no one can tell if there are more malfunctions further down the machine...1600$ went down the drain...what can you do...

Thank you for all your help...

If you want you can find an almost a new Kyoraku Machine at the garbage in front of my house right now...
    That's a huge bummer and I've fried a few things myself. However, there are places that specialize in component level board repair.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

19. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would not throw that game away just yet. The failure was in the power board. It appears to be a switching power supply. Most likely, the failure occurred on the primary side and did not touch the secondary side. Perhaps you can find someone to check out the power board, or get a replacement. You can pull the cell and keep that. Maybe find a desktop adapter for that. You wouldn't get to fling balls, but the video and lights would still work.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to heima

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No kidding. I would not put $1600.00 in the bin quite yet. I might not sink a ton of cash into it right now, but I would at least keep it around and see if you can find another frame or someone parting another machine. As other's have said, there's a good chance the cell can be salvaged. Hell, at the very least you can remove the cell and maybe sell it and get something back for it.

Sorry about your loss, I know how excited you were to get the machine. Hopefully you'll find a happy ending eventually to this saga.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

23. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Drunkenclam,emmadog,heima,p.opus:

You really kept my spirit up - im not really throwing the machine away...i really hope the Cell didn't get damaged...the thing is, i don't have the energy or the money to deal with it right now...i will wait for a while...maybe eventually buying a new Frame or finding a new PSU to see if that will help... Ive Pm'ed Chumsize as you suggested Drunkenclam ...maybe he can find the spare parts...or the frame...we will see...

I also contacted the original YJA seller (with the help of Juno) - since in their original auction if i understand corrrectly they promised that the machine is adapted for home use...since this wasnt the case eventually i asked them to take responsibility...it really depends at their good will and honesty...since there isn't really an option for me to force them to give me a compensation...

I will let you know about any development...thank you again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well becareful before you start pointing fingers. it may have been set up for home use in Japan. but the original YJA seller would not know the machine is going to another country and Juno is unlikely to tell them, Some Japanese really don't like their items leaving Japan. Without seeing everything you had delivered I would be unable to comment, But for Japanese use, It would be supplied with a 100-24 vac transformer, Unless specified something different or not included. When Juno send me something, I always tell him not to send the transformer because its just a dead weight in the box and no use to me as we use 240v. I just fit a 240-24vac transformer when it gets here.

Hope you can get it sorted.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PM'd back... Perfect timing too - needed to make contact with the guy in Chiba before I fly over there next month. He promised to show me his "warehouses full of machines and parts" when I get there... and then probably pry my wallet open with hi-test sake... oh noes!
    Woof!

27. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Well becareful before you start pointing fingers. it may have been set up for home use in Japan. but the original YJA seller would not know the machine is going to another country and Juno is unlikely to tell them, Some Japanese really don't like their items leaving Japan. Without seeing everything you had delivered I would be unable to comment, But for Japanese use, It would be supplied with a 100-24 vac transformer, Unless specified something different or not included. When Juno send me something, I always tell him not to send the transformer because its just a dead weight in the box and no use to me as we use 240v. I just fit a 240-24vac transformer when it gets here.

Hope you can get it sorted.
    I understand what you are saying but no 100-24 vac transformer was supplied although stated it will be.
    The seller knew its for me since i asked him to make special packaging arrangements for Israel - before it got to Juno.
    I never asked Juno to take the transformer out - and he didn't ( i verified it with him).

As it is likely that i have made a mistake It is also possible they have made one too,don't be quick to dismiss this...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lets hope between us all we can get it working again. With some knowlesgae and contacts the parts should become availble, although it might cost you a little bit more.

As I meantioned above, Try to get your wiring connections so its impossible for any of your machines to be connected to the wrong voltage. If in any doubt, Double check everything first.
    Ian #UKPachinko

30. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2