Thread: Ghostbusters Modern Machine -- Review, Impressions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Ghostbusters Modern Machine -- Review, Impressions?

Hello folks!

(Preemptive apologies if I am using any part of this site incorrectly or missing an obvious thread that already exists on these topics.)

I am interested in purchasing something flashy and noisy to occupy guests at my home, and it looks like a modern pachinko machine would fit the bill quite nicely.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experiences with the modern Ghostbusters machine. I’ve seen some videos of the thing in action and it looks like a LOT of fun, but as a total pachi-noob I really don’t know what to look for in terms of game and operation design - what designates a fun machine from one that gets old quickly?

I’ve also done a few searches in the forums and it seems like the Matrix machine is held in pretty high regard as well. So I suppose at the moment, I’m trying to decide between them and just looking for as much information as possible.

This seems like a great community, I’m looking forward to learning more about these fabulous machines!

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Ferretom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ghostbusters Modern Machine -- Review, Impressions?

Hello

Really sorry but i haven't played a Ghostbusters pachinko or a Matrix pachinko so can't offer any reviews on either, but I know the Matrix has been talked about quite favorably here

I'm sure other members will chime in with their opinions / reviews for you

In the meantime, a big Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, hanabi!

I suppose I should clarify a little - I live in an apartment, so I'm not actually looking for anything excessively noisy!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ferretom View Post
    Thanks, hanabi!

I suppose I should clarify a little - I live in an apartment, so I'm not actually looking for anything excessively noisy!
    You probably know this already... a modern pachinko machine's sound level, with the speaker sound OFF, is moderately noisy - just the shooting hammer and the pachinko balls bouncing.

Volume controls are your only hope for the speakers. I haven't had a CR modern machine that was not SUPER loud. Then the volume level went up from there... to deafening and then to Skull Exploding...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    I haven't had a CR modern machine that was not SUPER loud. Then the volume level went up from there... to deafening and then to Skull Exploding...
    Yeah, my CR Star Wars has three levels as well. "My Ears Are Ringing", "My Ears Are Bleeding" and "My Ears Have Melted". Luckily the speaker grills are just big enough to stuff a black dress sock into and now it's at a nice level.

I think my CR Space Battleship Yamato -1 that I have on on order from Akimono.com has it's own volume controls because the Fuji Oval-1 frames had pretty good volume controls built in I've heard.

Now if Frank could just get settled into his new digs. I am anxiously waiting for him to be able to ship my machine. I've never been that good at patience. This is probably why I could never buy directly from Japan. 6 to 8 weeks would kill me.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experiences with the modern Ghostbusters machine. I’ve seen some videos of the thing in action and it looks like a LOT of fun, but as a total pachi-noob I really don’t know what to look for in terms of game and operation design - what designates a fun machine from one that gets old quickly?
    Ghostbusters -is- a lot of fun and will have no trouble entertaining someone for a long time.

I will say that for someone new to pachinko, it will be one of the most confusing machines you could get your hands on, though... Most pachinkos operate on a "match 3 symbols" principle and then you'll win a bonus. The bonus may be a continuation bonus which puts you into fever mode and you are guaranteed another win, whereas it may be a regular bonus where you are not. That's often how simple it is (even if the reaches - animated chances to get a bonus - seem complicated).

Ghostbusters uses such a variety of winning possibilities (e.g. match 3, get a certain symbol some number of times, it just "happens") and wins (e.g. Full bonus, "fake" bonus, partial bonuses upper gate, partial bonuses lower gate, etc.) that it will be hard to follow. But if your goal is to mesmerize, it's a good choice and the animatronics are no slouch either.

Signed,

- The person on this board who's played too many of these things.
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Sederien

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have ghost busters, and it is a great one. Lots of fun ways to play.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the responses, guys! Really appreciate your information.

Has anyone ever ordered from the site BlueHotaru.com before? Are they a reputable distributor?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Has anyone ever ordered from the site BlueHotaru.com before? Are they a reputable distributor?
    People have and they are.
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.