Thread: Heiwa Garage Sale Find, Wiring question..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Heiwa Garage Sale Find, Wiring question..

​Howdy All,

I've been lurking in the forums for just a short while now, but I may have already caught the pachinko bug.. On a whim, I ran out to a garage sale this morning that had a pachinko machine listed and walked away with what I'm guessing is an early 90's Heiwa machine. The guy said he had picked it up hoping to get it running, but never got around to it and just left it in a shed.

IMAG0156.jpg

It came with what I believe to be a grand total of 9 balls, and no power cord, but for $10 I figured I would take a chance since I really liked the look of the machine. Once I got it home, I cleaned it up a bit since it definitely looked as though it had lived in a shed. I had to clear out 5 or 6 spider egg sacs, and what I can only assume was one very annoyed spider that crawled out of the shooter tray as I was wiping it down. I didn't mention the spider eggs or live spider to the wife...

Here's where I get a little concerned. There is a transformer in the bottom right of the machine which says 117v on one side, and 24v on the other. See the photos below.. There are two red wires coming from the 24v side that are wired to nothing, and two black wires coming from the 117v side that are shoddily attached to a cord labeled 24v and run to a box in the upper right hand corner. If you look at the photo of the box that the wires run to, the 24v cord runs to the 4 pin connector in the bottom right. Counting from the top, the cord is connected to the first and fourth positions, the second wire is grounded to the frame, and the third position has a green wire that was cut pretty close to the connector but I could pretty easily repair it.. Any ideas about where that wire should go?

IMAG0149.jpg IMAG0150.jpg IMAG0151.jpg

So, I'm guessing that this is wired up backwards right? I should run a standard wall cord to those two black wires, and connect the 24v cord to those two red wires instead. I sure hope someone didn't try to run 120v through that transformer backwards, but I would hope that would only fry the transformer and not the machine itself. The fuses look fine at least.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

I'll post a few other miscellaneous pictures below of the entire back of the machine, etc..
    IMAG0148.jpgIMAG0152.jpgIMAG0154.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to NeonBlack