Thread: Thank God for the Lumina Manual in the Research center.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Thank God for the Lumina Manual in the Research center.

For old salts here, this isn't news. But for newbies like myself, the Pachitalk Research Center is invaluable for information. I don't know how to navigate it from the pachitalk site itself, I actually had to google search pachitalk research center and got directed to it.

My new Star Wars machine acted up during a fever. I got the low jackpot light and even after fill up, it still wouldn't pay out. I was able to down load the Lumina Frame manual at the research center, and look up the error code on the back and it said I had a low jackpot condition (error 7). I knew this was not the case. So I tried the troubleshooting steps for an error code 7 and they had me remove the jackpot low switch module and check the connections on the switch module, and on the interconnect board behind the payout board.

Don't know exactly what I did, but after I reseated the connection on the interconnect board and reseated the connection on the jackpot low switch, I powered the system back on and it started working GREAT.

If I didn't have the Lumina manual on me to read the error codes and start the troubleshooting, I would have been in deep doo doo.

So if you are a newbie like me and have a pachinko in a Lumina frame, be sure to download the manual and keep it somewhere. These modern machines are light years apart from the vintages I work on normally and without this manual I would have been SOL.

Also, if someone has a link to the research center within the website I'd like to know. It's almost like it's hidden, or I don't know how to get to it outside of a google search from outside the page.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Thank God for the Lumina Manual in the Research center.

I believe it's actually thank Daverob for the Lumina Frame manual and thank Sir Arby for most of the other Manuals in the Research Centre

(some links to manuals can be found via the 'search function' as I have been posting RC links on an almost weekly basis over the last few years )

However, due to a software incompatibility, the RC link doesn't show across the top of the main forums where it used to,

The navigation can however still be found on PachiTalk's homepage, it still appears on the right hand side 'site navigation' section, towards the bottom where the Resources, Faqs and Manuals are

PachiTalk.com

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post

I believe it's actually thank Daverob for the Lumina Frame manual and thank Sir Arby for most of the other Manuals in the Research Centre
    If I remember correctly, you can also thank Arby and Compirate for the Lumina manual. It was Arby who originally imported the manual from Japan (in a time when very few of us knew how to go about importing stuff ourselves) and Compirate who convinced Arby to lend him the manual to make the scans.

I just used google translate, babelfish and a very rudimentary understanding of Japanese syntax to translate it (and then looking at the actual machine to figure out what it really meant when my attempts at translation still produced gibberish!).

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by daverob View Post
    If I remember correctly, you can also thank Arby and Compirate for the Lumina manual. It was Arby who originally imported the manual from Japan (in a time when very few of us knew how to go about importing stuff ourselves) and Compirate who convinced Arby to lend him the manual to make the scans.

I just used google translate, babelfish and a very rudimentary understanding of Japanese syntax to translate it (and then looking at the actual machine to figure out what it really meant when my attempts at translation still produced gibberish!).

and who knew then exactly what you were all getting in to

Got to be the most popular pachinko item in the Research Centre

so a big thanks to all 3 of you

Angie ...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First of all. You guys did an excellent job. I did not realize this was a group effort at translating. The manual feels professionally done. Yes, there are some translation artifacts I noticed, but not nearly as bad as other translations done supposedly by the company themselves. I just figured it was a well translated document provided by Sankyo/Bitsy.

Second. It saved my behind already. It gives me a good explanation of all the parts of my Lumina frame so I was confident to actually start "taking off" pieces to troubleshoot. I'm primarily a vintage guy, and the only thing about the Lumina frame that shares anything with my vintage is the ball size jackpot supply tray and playfield nails. Everything else is so different. Payout computers that control payout motors instead of prefilled jackpot trays. Jackpot switches that sense individual balls instead of the collective "weight" in a tray. Computers that not only remember what has and has not been paid out, but remember the state of the machine even after it's unpluged.

Incredibly complex and the manual at least lets us home users attempt to tackle it a little. Bravo.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, it is a really a good guide translation. and kudos to you guys

This only emphasis the need to keep this section of Pachitalk.com updated and fresh - correct me if im wrong but it feels its a bit neglected - especially the "Pachinko Museum" part which haven't seem to be updated in a long time...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to mosheste

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mosheste View Post
    Yes, it is a really a good guide translation. and kudos to you guys

This only emphasis the need to keep this section of Pachitalk.com updated and fresh - correct me if im wrong but it feels its a bit neglected - especially the "Pachinko Museum" part which haven't seem to be updated in a long time...

there is a reason for that, unfortunately the Resource Centre software is not compatible with the current version of the main site software, and is also not able to be updated

but we thought that the info should at least remain accessible, even if it is not as up to date as we would like

Until such time as it can be sorted
    Angie ...

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi