Thread: Dai Yamato 2 for Lumina Frame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Dai Yamato 2 for Lumina Frame

Just picked up my Star Wars today and I love it. I noticed the Lumina Frames also support a Space Battleship Yamato (Dai Yamato 2) frame. I love that show and would be interested in picking up that cell.

Does anyone have this machine or cell and have any pictures of it.

Also a review of it would be sweet. Is it nice? I've seen the other Space Battleship Yamato 2 game, but I don't thinks it's on a lumina frame so it's a different machine.

thanks for your help.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Dai Yamato 2 for Lumina Frame

I have the Dai Yamato and a newer Yamato themed in the Fuji Ovalone frame - I will post some pics when I get home for you.
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman
    Pachislo: Gundam II, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 4

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I would love to buy the cell to swap out with my Star Wars cell when I wish. However, cell purchase seem to only be available from Japan and they are massively expensive.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry this took so long but here are some pics for comparison: Lights off so you can see the frame illumination, side by side Fuji Yamato and Sankyo Dai Yamato, Sankyo with glass open, fuji with glass open, fuji title screen, sankyo characters, fuji characters.

One thing to note - Dai Yamato characters are where Matsumoto had to go while in the middle of several of the big messy lawsuits with Nishizaki so if you are looking for the original "Yamato" or "Starblazers" designed look you probably want to hold out for the Fuji frame versions. If you like Matsumoto designed anime then you should also check out Galaxy Railways which also fits the Lumina Frame (I can take pics of that too if you want).

DSC_0027.jpgDSC_0028.jpgDSC_0029.jpgDSC_0030.jpgDSC_0031.jpgDSC_0032.jpgDSC_0033.jpg
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I did some research and found out about the Dai Yamato saga. I really don't like how they modified the Yamato with the big saucer on the front and the wings. Fuji had the rights to make pachinkos for the original Yamato series so I'm now leaning towards that. The CR Yamato 1 looks cool, especially with the wave motion gun that "closes" and shoots in your face. However I hear that the animation and gameplay of CR Yamato 2 is better. Also the story line for Yamato 2 is better.

Modernpachinko.com has a CR Yamato 1 instock right now. I'm not sure if I want that or hold out for CR Yamato 2.

If I can find a cheap Dai Yamato 2 frame, I might go with that, but all indications are that it would end up costing me over $200.00 so I'm not sure if the price savings is worth it.
    Last edited by p.opus; 07-08-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, I meant custompachinko.com (Akimono.com) has a CR Yamato 1 for 299 plus about 100 bucks shipping. If I get it, it would be more expensive than my Star Wars. I'm gonna have to think long and hard about dropping $400.00 plus. Especially since the gameplay between the star wars and Yamato machines will be basically identical.

Start Pocket -> Reach -> Super Reach -> Fever... Mini Roulette, start pocket tulip... So I'd be paying 400 bucks for just for the theming without any significant change in game play.

I sold two of my vintage machines because they had the same basic game play. I currently have a vintage, early modern hanemono and my Star Wars. So each machine has distinct play mechanics as well as different feels. I'm happy with this since I can play whichever mode of play I feel like.

I'm not sure that another modern will give me any significant changes in game play as pachinko play has remained unchanged for quite sometimes. The only real new tweaks being the idea of making diagonal matches during a spin and some more mini-games that incorporate the chance button.

It will be interesting what the next big idea in pachinko will be. I hope its more than a "joystick" controller and a "fan" that blows air in your face.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Dai Yamato 2 for Lumina Frame

for more fun go to a full LCD screen like Cutie Honey
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just saw this link regarding the CR Yamato machine by Fuji.

CR Yamato Pachinko Game | CosmoDNA

This machine looks sick. Frank has one in stock at akimono.com. I'm giving it some serious consideration.

Probably would prefer the Yamato 2 machine (CR Space Battleship Yamato 2 | CosmoDNA) as it supposedly has better CGI and I love the comet empire plot line. However, it's not in stock, and I imagine the cost of sourcing one and getting it over here is gonna be almost twice what Frank is offering for the CR Yamato 1. Plus that wave motion cannon closing in and shooting you in the face is just sick!!!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can always put in a request with FIVE BROTHERS TRADING COMAPNY, INC. for their fall shipment - can't hurt to ask and it gives you time to save up some cash!
    Stu www.animemecha.com