Thread: Funny Story . . .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Funny Story . . .

My wife took me to my favorite second hand store here in Japan on Father’s Day. It usually carries about two dozen machines at any given time and this is where I’ve bought most of my Pachislos and Pachinkos for about $50 each. They are all usually turned on so they can be played. There was an Evangelion Wings of Truth machine sitting to the side that wasn’t turned on. It caught my eye as it has an Eva figurine behind a bubble on the front of the machine. With my broken Japanese I asked if it could be turned on. The sales girl went to find the keys. She came back with a set of keys for a different Evangelion Sincerity machine and they would not fit the Wings of Truth machine. I tried to reach through the token hole in the back of the machine to try and open the door but couldn’t get it open. The price for the machine was 7,500 yen (about $75) and asked the girl if I could get it for a little less as I knew I could get it open or order a new key. She said 1,000 yen (about $10). I looked at my wife and saw her eyebrows raise and then I immediately said I would take it. While waiting for the sales girl to get a cart to wheel it to my car, I continued to look over the machine and noticed that the lockset looked like a Pachinko lock. When I got it home I spent about an hour trying to get the door open. Then I remembered about the lockset looking like a pachinko lock. I got a key from one of my pachinkos and sure enough it fit and opened the door. I was excited but what about the missing reset key. I tried all of the reset keys from my other 9 pachislos and none of them fit. At this point I was contemplating whether to order a key or just replace the reset switch. This is when I had an “ah-ha” moment and where the story takes an unusual turn. About 3 months ago I bought a Koda Kumi III Love Romance pachinko machine from the same second hand store. When I got it home, there were two keys. A regular pachinko door key that fit the Koda Kumi pachinko and another key that looked like a pachislo reset key. I looked all over the pachinko machine and didn’t find a lock it would fit so I put it my box of Pachi stuff. The “ah-ha” moment was to find the extra key I got with the pachinko machine and try it. Wouldn’t you know, the reset key fit the Evangelion pachislo machine! So apparently when I bought the Koda Kumi pachinko machine 3 months ago, they gave me the keys for the Evangelion pachislo. My best deal yet, $10 for a cool 2011 pachislo machine. To top it all off, the machine already had the auto-credit/bet chip installed which sells for $45 itself. I also picked up a Slot Garo pachislo machine from 2102 which is AWESOME, but that will come in another post. Needless to say, I had a fantastic Father’s Day thanks to my wonderful and understanding wife.

DSCN2278.jpgDSCN2279.jpg

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to polejock92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratulations! Sounds like it was meant to be
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Funny Story . . .

wow that's a great story and an amazing bargain

I agree with Derek, it was meant to be

Congratulations!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

5. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is awesome, A smashing buy as well

You will have to take me to that store one day, then on to the post office with a very large box
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes... yes... out with the location of the joint... I'll be there in about... 7 weeks.
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is an amazing deal. Would you be willing to ship machines to the United States on occasion? For a fee of course.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ