Thread: Jackpot Allwin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Jackpot Allwin

I recently picked up this Allwin machine with almost 100 of the large English pennies. It's a neat design because in the center of the play field there's a column that holds 12 pennies, the amount of the big jackpot, which spins around when you collect your winnings, giving the illusion that the pennies are being dumped from there, but actually they're not. All of the holes pay out 2 coins except the center one which pays out 12, a really good payout back in the day.

It works and is in fair condition, nothing that can't be repaired. The top Jackpot marquee needs some touching up or could easily be replaced with a new one as it's a pretty simple design to replicate. The only real problem area is the coin slide. Even though it does work the top area of the slide is supposed to have a sloped ramp for excess coins to slide into the coin box and an extension tube on top of the slide to store a column of coins for successive jackpot payouts. The top ramp which allows the center jackpot ball to go down the correct chute is also missing but that's an easy fix with a piece of sheet metal.

I've found some information on the Internet for this particular machine although not what I require so the following would most likely be directed to the English members here as these machines are not as plentiful or popular over here:

I'm pretty sure it's not a Bryans and could possibly be an Oliver Whales & Company, but is most likely from one of the smaller British manufacturers.

The identity of the manufacturer, better photos of the coin slide area and if there are any parts available in the U.K. from stripped machines would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0012.jpgIMG_0014.jpgIMG_0015.jpgIMG_0017.jpgIMG_0020.jpgIMG_0021.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0024.jpg

I've also got a Bryans Four-Square Clock Tower with the red and black crackle paint finish. Instead of four clocks there are two Elevenses and two either Clock 6-Win or Clock 12-Win. The bottom stand had gotten wet at the previous owner's place and the legs are rotten. The top cabinet needs refinishing as well but it looks like it's made of plywood, which the crackle paint hides, so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to split up the units and make individual cabinets for each one, Any input is appreciated.

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to whitedawg