Thread: Nishijin Model "C" adjustable jackpot tray. useful for Gaku Counter users

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Model "C" adjustable jackpot tray. (useful for Gaku Counter users)

I'm a vintage guy, so I've only ever known an "All 15" type of payout system where the jackpots are 15 balls. When I picked up this unit I was taken a bit back. It was listed as an "All 11" and sure enough it only dispensed 11 balls per payout. Now I was in a bit of a pickle. The Gaku Counters only can be adjusted for 1, 5, 10, or 15. No matter how I adjusted the counter, I would not be able to reconcile balls shot with balls won. I either had to pick 10, and know I was getting short changed on the counter, or I had to pick 15 and know I was getting credit for way more balls than I had really won.

While cleaning my machine, I noticed something about the jackpot tray. It's adjustable. (Not all "C's" have this. I've seen some pictures on the web and they don't have this adjustable feature. But I know the early modern hanemono machines based on the "C" (such as the "All 11's" and I'm pretty sure the ones with interchangeable fields have them because the play fields are usually numbered with "11" "13" or "15".

Note the following picture:

Model C Adjustable Jackpot Tray.jpg
    If you open the jackpot tray cover, you will see a plastic rack that houses two brass tabs that are mounted in by screws. I have numbered them in the above photo.

Each tab serves as a stopper to limit the number of balls in the tray in it's corresponding track. On my machine, the tabs were at the "5" and "6" positions, and thus only "11" balls would enter the tray at a time. By removing these tabs and placing them in the proper slot, you can adjust your machine to payout 11,12,13,14,or 15 Balls per payout as follows:
    5 and 6 = 11
    5 and 7 = 12
    6 and 7 = 13
    6 and 8 = 14
    7 and 8 = 15

The tabs must occupy different locations, so you can't get a 10 or 16.

This solved my Gaku Counter issue. I moved my tabs from positions 5 and 6 to 7 and 8 and now I have a 15 ball payout. Of course, the front of the machine still says "All 11" but that doesn't bother me. It also means that I'm doing a lot more ball handling during fever mode, but at least my counter will be accurate.

So if you are one of the lucky ones that have this, you can adjust your payout to your liking. And if you are REALLY brave, you probably could unscrew that rack, and move it even more forward so that you could go between 5 and 10 per payout if your tired of constant ball refilling during a fever. I for one am not brave enough to do that, but a small drill and some careful re-positioning of the rack and it could be done.

Thought this might help for some of you Gaku Counter owners out there, or other curious folks.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Model "C" adjustable jackpot tray. (useful for Gaku Counter users)

Curious as to where your WIN sensor is going to be placed?

There is a micro switch shown in your picture. I don't remember what the function of that switch is...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Model "C" adjustable jackpot tray. (useful for Gaku Counter users)

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post

There is a micro switch shown in your picture. I don't remember what the function of that switch is...
    low ball indacator..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Moparformances is right about the micro switch. It's the low ball indicator lamp switch.

As far as the win sensor, this machine is based on the vintage model "c" mechanics. The payouts are still all mechanical and the only electronics are used to activate fever mode. Every payout, is typical of a standard model "c", so carefully positioning it at the winning ball exit chute works just fine. Spent some time getting it positioned just right.

I'm picking up my Sankyo Star Wars this weekend, putting the win sensor on that bad boy will be interesting.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...