Thread: PM Sent Messages Not Showing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default PM Sent Messages Not Showing

All of the PM's that I have received are in my Inbox Folder but none of the PM's I have sent show up in my Sent Folder, it just stays at zero messages. Is this normal or is there a problem that can be fixed?
    Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: PM Sent Messages Not Showing

Are you sent messages getting through? You can sen one to me as a test if you need to.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

By default, sent messages do not show up in the sent message folder unless you check the box "place copy of message in sent items" check box. This confused me at first too. Someone here showed me that, but I still forget sometimes. It's weird that it's off by default, but probably there to save space.

Just check the check box at the bottom of the PM and you'll see it appear in your sent items folder.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Are you sent messages getting through? You can sen one to me as a test if you need to.
    Yes my messages are getting through. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    By default, sent messages do not show up in the sent message folder unless you check the box "place copy of message in sent items" check box. This confused me at first too. Someone here showed me that, but I still forget sometimes. It's weird that it's off by default, but probably there to save space.

Just check the check box at the bottom of the PM and you'll see it appear in your sent items folder.
    That's the problem. If I would of scrolled further down the page I could have read it for myself...duhhh. Thanks for solving the problem.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by whitedawg View Post
    All of the PM's that I have received are in my Inbox Folder but none of the PM's I have sent show up in my Sent Folder, it just stays at zero messages. Is this normal or is there a problem that can be fixed?
    Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post

I don't think it's set up that way by default?

but you can set it up so that it always saves your sent PM's to the sent file, it's easy enough to remedy

here's some advice I gave last time:

Regarding the sent folder, do you have it set up to save copies?? yes, no, not sure?

If you go to your 'settings' button
    (located up along the top right of screen next to 'profile' and the 'log out' buttons)

Select that (settings), then scroll the left column of options, choose 'general settings' and in there, probably near the bottom is something to tick that will 'save a copy of all sent PMs in your sent folder'. It may have been accidentally unchecked??

Also if it just happens sometimes, then when you send a PM at the bottom of the PM box, check that the 'save to sent folder' is ticked, it is possible to accidentally swipe and uncheck it.

So basically you need to check the main settings if it's happening all the time, and under the the PM box if it only happens now and then, hopefully that will fix it

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks hanabi.

The "Don't save a copy of sent messages" was selected so I changed it to "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default". This should solve the problem.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to whitedawg