Thread: -Beginner- Just picked up a vintage Pachislo, Help needed!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default -Beginner- Just picked up a vintage Pachislo, Help needed!

So I start my journey into what is the Pachislo world, with a vintage 1992 Sammy Mr.Magic. I got it from a neighbor who was throwing it out, due to it not working. I have never worked on a machine such as this, nor have I tried repairing one. After a few hours of scouring the interwebs, Not much is known about this machine or how to get it in working order. So I turn to you the fine people of PachiTalk.
    When I power on the machine, All three of the wheels spin endlessly, with the sound making random indistinguishable noises. Random lights on the face light up, such as the Line 2, and Line 3.

The model I have is a SAMMY Mr.Magic, built in 1992, and refurbished in 1995. I am willing to buy parts if anyone has any leads on the subject. Thanks in advance.

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Aeroin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: -Beginner- Just picked up a vintage Pachislo, Help needed!

do you have the rest key and have you tryed a full reset??

most time a reset will help.. hear is the instructions for a reset

1.In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens or credits being played.
    2.Locate internal toggle switch (red tipped or silver with on/off tabs) or insert key into internal key switch (if your machine came with 2 keys).
    3.Machine must be turned OFF.
    4.Turn key clockwise or flip reset toggle switch to the "ON" or "ODDS" position.
    5.Turn main power switch ON to access programming mode.
    6.A number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on the CREDIT meter on the front door or on a display inside the door. (setting 1 pays out infrequent. setting 6 payout out often)
    7.Locate the reset button. This will be located on your power supply. On SAMMY brand models, the button is on the inside of the door only.
    8.Depress the button and notice movement of number being displayed on the credit meter. Once the desired level is displayed (1 to 6) pull "spin reels" handle (black or red knob on front door) down, like you are going to spin the reels, to lock odds level into machine memory.
    9.Turn key switch back or flip toggle to "OFF" or "PLAY" position.
    10.Machine should immediately initialize.
    11.You will know the machine initialized if the "Insert Medal" light starts flashing. If not, make sure you remembered to press down the "SPIN REELS" lever.
    12.If it still doesn't initialize, turn power to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and
    13.turn power switch back to ON position.

It is possable to be stuck in mid "reset" if ya get lost stop and start from scratch

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

where in cali are ya??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    do you have the rest key and have you tryed a full reset??

most time a reset will help.. hear is the instructions for a reset

1.In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens or credits being played.
    2.Locate internal toggle switch (red tipped or silver with on/off tabs) or insert key into internal key switch (if your machine came with 2 keys).
    3.Machine must be turned OFF.
    4.Turn key clockwise or flip reset toggle switch to the "ON" or "ODDS" position.
    5.Turn main power switch ON to access programming mode.
    6.A number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on the CREDIT meter on the front door or on a display inside the door. (setting 1 pays out infrequent. setting 6 payout out often)
    7.Locate the reset button. This will be located on your power supply. On SAMMY brand models, the button is on the inside of the door only.
    8.Depress the button and notice movement of number being displayed on the credit meter. Once the desired level is displayed (1 to 6) pull "spin reels" handle (black or red knob on front door) down, like you are going to spin the reels, to lock odds level into machine memory.
    9.Turn key switch back or flip toggle to "OFF" or "PLAY" position.
    10.Machine should immediately initialize.
    11.You will know the machine initialized if the "Insert Medal" light starts flashing. If not, make sure you remembered to press down the "SPIN REELS" lever.
    12.If it still doesn't initialize, turn power to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and
    13.turn power switch back to ON position.

It is possable to be stuck in mid "reset" if ya get lost stop and start from scratch

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Thank you for the welcome! And the suggested advice, I only have a door key, no key for the keyhole inside the machine. I don't think a reset will help, the sounds and lights coming from the machine definitely seem to me to be of a hardware failure / error. The sound is very distorted and all the lights are flashing, wheels turning etc.. Again thanks for the help and sorry I'm not being 100% descriptive.

And I'm in Northern California, Sacramento area

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also snapped a picture of whats going on, the error code on the left says 8 N and the one on the right says 88. IMG_20130620_170001.jpg

Edit: Im in the Northern Cali, Sacramento area. And thank you for the welcome! Tried the reset method, but I think its a hardware failure.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats an older Pachi..

one post says ya dont have a key.. the other post says ya tried a reset..

taking the lock mech out and replacing it with a toggle switch is one way to allow a reset and future odds seting..

please post a pics of the inside of your machine..

nice to see another "local" join the site..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for the confusion, I do Not have the key for the box inside the pachi. I misspoke when I said I reset it, all I did was turn the door key to the left. Thank you guys for the warm welcome and the helpful responses. I grabbed a few pictures of the insides! IMG_20130620_191602.jpgIMG_20130620_191715.jpgIMG_20130620_192233.jpgIMG_20130620_192252.jpg

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Aeroin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A full reset requires the closing (or opening...depending on if it is a NC or NO circuit) of the contacts of the keyed switch on the power supply. If no key is present, you can remove the power supply, open it, and replace the keyed switch with a toggle switch. It is a simple single pole single throw (SPST) switch with only 2 terminals. Low current, so any switch will do. Once a switch is installed, do the full reset, as Mopar suggested. It may not work...but can't hurt! Plus, if the problem is something else, and you fix it, you will need the switch to set the odds anyhow!

13. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall