Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I found a Popeye Pachinko Machine for $200 but...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default So I found a Popeye Pachinko Machine for $200 but...

Was curious if anyone has ordered from ZedKnepplin.Com | Pachinko | 1997 - 2008 ? Good? Bad?

Seems like he only answers his email once a day but sent me a pic of what he has instock. Waiting for an email back about shipping costs to Minneapolis, MN.
    Here's a pic of the other machines that he currently has for sale:
    zedlist.jpg

The dealer is located in Georgia, USA. Anyone know how much I could expect to pay for shipping & handling?
    WANTED LIST: Tom & Jerry Pachinko (2010). Blood+ Pachislo (2010). Woody Woodpecker Pachinko (2004). Indiana Jones Pachiko or Pachislo (2006). Ghostbusters Pachinko. Popeye Pachiko (2004). Takumi Way Pachinko (2008).

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to The Rube

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: So I found a Popeye Pachinko Machine for $200 but...

I bought my Popeye from a fellow in Georgia. He had 8 of them at the time. If his name is Jason, it might be the same guy. If so, I had no issues. Shipping always seems to run about $85 give or take.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's what I'm assuming. Now I'll just wait for his email. That Construction Pachinko looks like alot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    Shipping always seems to run about $85 give or take.
    WANTED LIST: Tom & Jerry Pachinko (2010). Blood+ Pachislo (2010). Woody Woodpecker Pachinko (2004). Indiana Jones Pachiko or Pachislo (2006). Ghostbusters Pachinko. Popeye Pachiko (2004). Takumi Way Pachinko (2008).

6. The following user says "Thanks" to The Rube

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From seller:
    Pachinko is used, but very clean and works. I disabled the waves under the screen, they made so much noise, plus the balls are small and the slots are large so any special effect was useless.

I have not shipped a machine in 4 years, and have no packing materials. I could not begin to estimate shipping costs now, other than possibly in the $100 range (no joke). These things are big and heavy.

I found one on ebay:

Pachinko Popeye Pinball Machine Arcade Game | eBay

His price is better than mine. I could not get shipping calculator to work.

Disabled the waves? Shipping over $100? This just has BAD NEWS written all over it. I guess the search still continues... AM I ever going to find a Popeye machine in my area that isn't a piece of junk?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do you have his email?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    I bought my Popeye from a fellow in Georgia. He had 8 of them at the time. If his name is Jason, it might be the same guy. If so, I had no issues. Shipping always seems to run about $85 give or take.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still I sent hi an email back asking about enabling the waves back to factory settings (is it possible to do that?) I just really want this cell version of Popeye but everytime that I find one, it's just a little bit too far to look at/pick up, not the right cell, doesn't want to ship it, too much damage (only after asking for closup pics to see), or is just too much $$$ for thier REALLY used machine. FUG!, I really didn't think it would be such a pain in the butt to get one of these machines... FUG!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seller says he can plug the wave part back in. Awesome! He's also going to send me picture and video of it working. Kinda makes me happy. Man, I hope that its in good condition... Fingers crossed...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know where your coming from... I wanted a Cutie Honey for 2-3 years WELL after the time when it was easier to find them, before I found one on Ebay when a member here put one up for sale...
    Shipping was $75 at the time and the Pachi was like $300 something BUT I did NOT care...I
    wanted it and that was that... I am sure it will all work out sooner or later... It just may take time... The older they get the HARDER they are to find...
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I sold mine a few years back to a guy in the Milwaukee area. last i heard he is looking to sell it, do you want me to ask? I pretty sure it would be under $200 and if you willing to drive you will save some $$!

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! Lets see how this sale turns out first. If its a bust, I'll be asking. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by millermaster1 View Post
    I sold mine a few years back to a guy in the Milwaukee area. last i heard he is looking to sell it, you want me to ask? I pretty sure it would be under $200 and if you willing to drive you will save some $$!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I'm curious about this " wave action" on this machine since I didn't think the cell had any animated play field parts. Anyone want to elaborate on this feature?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    do you have his email?
    Sorry, no. It's been over 4 years, and we didn't keep in touch.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So good news, the seller showed me some great pics and a video of the Popeye machine. Looks great.

The bad news... It's the filmstrip cell with the popeye image with the huge deformed bicep near the top of the play field.

Right now I'm torn. This is a real good condition machine, the best that I've seen so far at a decent price BUT for me the filmstrip cell is the less desirable of the two... I'm just afraid that I'll get buyers remorse because I didn't get the cell version that I original wanted... Or I'm just being to picky? Any thoughts

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you know they exist, then better wait for the one you will be happier with. Ever if it means paying a bit more.
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Only you can know what to do in this situation. We can tell you to get this one but you will get buyer's remorse. Same thing happened to me with a Gottlieb EM pinball. On many of these machines they made two versions of the same pin. One allowed the player to win free balls and the other awarded free games. This was done to get around anti gambling laws in some states. I much prefer winning extra balls ( Add a ball) but a replay version of a game I had been looking for came up so I bought it. Regretted it not long after and sold it. It took about 18 months for an add a ball
    to come up since they were made in far fewer numbers but I snagged it and have been quite pleased. My advice is to keep searching, be patient, and be prepared to spend for what you want.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

21. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You seem to have great taste in Pachinkos, but why aren't you looking for Felix the Cat ???

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Felix looks like a great machine but I have to narrow down my WANT LIST to a few choices, based on room in the current townhouse, budget, and what me and my wife would like.

WANTED LIST: Tom & Jerry Pachinko. Woody Woodpecker Pachinko (2004). Indiana Jones Pachiko or Pachislo. Blood+ Pachislo. Ghostbusters Pachinko. Popeye Pachiko.

Tom & Jerry LOOKS AMAZING!. My wife loves Woody Woodpecker/Chilly Willy, I want to re-buy Indiana Jones (sold my pachinko for rent many years ago) but like Pachislo a little better than Pachinkos. I'm a big fan of Blood+ (would reather have the Pachislo). Ghostbusters looks great! And my wife and I collect Popeye stuff. The green Popeye pachislo is a big hit at our house, getting more play than Biohazard.

Right now I'm trying to keep everything in the ManLoft™ so I have to be very picky on what I/we get. Also I need to keep some room for any NEW games that come out. I would kill for a Three Stoogies, Abbott & Costello, InuYasha, Creature from the Black lagoon, Resident Evil (movie) or Tenchi Muyo machine. My wife dreams of a Winie the Pooh machine bt I don't think that's ever going to happen.

So even though Felix the Cat looks AMAZING, I'm just going to have to pass and work on finding machines on my widdled down list.

Wife is still giving me crap about having Donkey Kong in the living room...
    945734_10201286885035535_281973764_n.jpg
    Last edited by The Rube; 06-06-2013 at 06:19 PM.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to The Rube

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yogi Bear or Top Cat Machine would be nice too. Maybe LOVE LOVE OLIVE in the future.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Rube...there is this one also (which I'm sure you already saw)http://www.akimono.com/test.php?num=Popeye%20Pachinko

For an extra $99.00 it might be worth it.

I'll make you a deal...you ship that Donkey Kong to my house and I'll ship my Tom and Jerry to your house! Deal?

Good luck with your seach. I'll keep looking for a Tom and Jerry for you (sincerely).
    Joe

27. The following user says "Thanks" to jodini

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking Dk you have there!!! If you ever want to pass your Biohazard pachislo along let me know I have been looking for one.
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast