Thread: New arrival, 1986 Sankyo Super Combi - ball tray display questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New arrival, 1986 Sankyo Super Combi - ball tray display questions

This is my 6th pachinko, but my first post. I have found a lot of great info here on my other machines. I just bought this 1986 Sankyo machine and I noticed three display boxes on the ball tray similar to modern CR machines. This machine is a few years too old to use a card reader, but has a coin holder next to the ball tray as well, so I was wondering if these displays are for coin credits, or balls shot, or won, or what; as they don't seem to be labeled. There is a set of four jumpers near the fuses that might be involved with it, but I really have no idea. I haven't yet had a chance to play the machine. Is there a manual for these older machines anywhere? This one is markedly more complicated than my '73 and '75 machines, so it would be nice to have some more detailed info. Thanks in advance, I know you can help me out. I have finally found a machine feature that I don't understand.
    20130602_013656.jpg20130602_013635.jpg

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to enigmagic

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New arrival, 1986 Sankyo Super Combi - ball tray display questions

Welcome Aboard

That there is a Sankyo Super Combi スーパーコンビ from about 1986 or 87 there is a Super Combi 2 スーパーコンビⅡ that looks almost identical on the playing field.
    And a CR Suer Combi and a Super Combi SP to complete the line up.

Not sure on features but watching this video.

スーパーコンビ - YouTube

Play like an older pachi, the relevates of the flashing tulips, I hope it will come clear as you play, as I have no idea

Last edited by Drunkenclam; 06-02-2013 at 03:41 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I finally got it home and found the time to get some balls into the hopper and play this one for a bit. The display on the front ball tray does not light up at all, not when any of the pockets are triggered, not when I shoot balls, or win jackpots, or anything else from what I can tell. It looks a lot like the display that appears on the ball tray of CR models, so I would think that it has something to do with credits or some such, but I have no idea how it would function in the slightest. Other than that, the machine is in very good shape and plays well, just need to clean it, which I will start on tonite.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

please post some detail pics of the back to the machine please

thanks
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some pics of the back of the machine: DSC00043.jpg here are the jumpers I mentioned DSC00040.jpg the red wires are the power into the machine, the jumpers directly to the power cord's left have a bypass linked to the power plug. I haven't tried to change which jumpers are bridged or how as of yet.

Some stickers from various locations around the back of the machine. On the Jackpot: DSC00044.jpg on the back of the logic unit: DSC00047.jpg on top of the logic unit: DSC00049.jpg on top of the seesaw: DSC00050.jpg

and the two stickers on the front of the unit: DSC00051.jpgDSC00052.jpg
    Maybe some of these might help shed some light on it.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to enigmagic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Where do the coins fall to when inserted? Have you tried any pachislo tokens in it? Maybe you can buy some YEN on eBay. I found the correct 6D coins and Bell Fruit tokens for my Brains Beer fruit machine on eBay. Brains Beer! (Slot/Fruit Machine) Made me very happy that I didn't have to convert it to dimes! Would love to see some pics of the back...especially in the coin area!
    I almost forgot...to PACHITALK!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 06-03-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Where do the coins fall to when inserted?
    i think it has a coin holder area.. not a coin slot..

i saw (somewhere hear on pachitalk) a member had a ball dispencer that was set up next to a machine that when a coin was inserted a preset amount of balls were funneled into the shooter tray.. im guessing this is a machine that is set up for that kind of use...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,

Congrats on the machine and welcome to posting!

Your machine has nameplates that just say 'Super Combi' in both places - not CR, and not number II, in this case.

Your machine is what's called an 'ippatsu-dai', or 'one shot machine' in english.
    The object is to get one ball in the center feature (the 'yaku') at the right time, and this will release the tulips for a jackpot.
    You can find your machine, and more of this ilk, in the 'Other' machine section of my website : pachimono.com

I think your *frame* might be a CR from a later period, and this machine hacked into it. Because I think that display might be a CR ball handling display, even though not marked as so. But, that's only a guess. The fact that the display doesn't light up when playing also hints to me it's based around a CR function that is now no longer relevant, and so inoperable.

Super Combi was a popular model in the 80's, and these cleaned up and sparkling go for decent money in the homeland.

enjoy.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to candyflip