Thread: cat hunting in wisconsin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile cat hunting in wisconsin

wisconsin is trying o pass a law making it legal to hunt cats without collars.

they seem to have a ferrel cat problem there,

i can just see the proud hunter driving home with cats tied across his hood.

a few more chinese resturants would solve this problem!!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: cat hunting in Wisconsin

This is getting to be a big topic here in WI. I am more of a cat person than a dog person. When I was growing up we had owner share of cats and most were let out to do as they please. One thing we underside was that every time you let them out they may not come back. Some we had to pick up off the road and sometime they made it back hurt and had to be put down. We never considered them to be harmful to the wild life even when you would go out the back door and there the tom would be chowing down on a rabbit or bird he had killed. So you may think I am against the shooting of wild cats. But this is not so. Every dog I have owned I had to license and be responsible for if they went out of the yard and did damage to others or there property. This is not the same for cats. There is a double standard. Would it be more difficult to control a cat and keep them in your yard? Yes and in some ways almost impossible. Take an adult cat and put a leash on them. They would hang themselves in short order. But teach that same cat from a kitten and it is a different story. I had to do this in order to be able to let one of my cats go out to get fresh air on a porch. It can be done but only if the same rules would apply to both. As far as killing them You can't be out hunting and see a cat and shoot it! There has to be something that cat is doing wrong and it is on your property. Also you have to first find some other way to handle the problem. If it has know owner that you know of them try to ketch it in a live trap and call animal control of your local humane society. There has been times when nothing worked and the owners did not stop the problem and the cat was cosing a problem. Sorry to say but some met there end. One barn cat would sneak in Any door to the garage he could and stay the night. That I didn't have a problem with. But his pissing and crapping in my garage I did and the nature after being asked to do something and them three warnings as to what would happen did nothing. That cat is no longer a problem. Another was an old mean wild cat that would actually corner kids if they had food on them. When you tried to scare him off he would actually come after you! Well again problem solved and no tears shed. You don't need a law to take care of this but some common sense by the owners, treating the responsibility's of pet owning the same for dogs and cats, and letting land owners take care of any problems on there own.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: cat hunting in wisconsin

luckydog, I think they just keep the tail and tie it on their antenna.
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yummm, cat, the other white meat! Now it's in season.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Utopia1dc

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    yummm, cat, the other white meat! Now it's in season.
    I bet it tastes like chicken?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll bet it tastes like Chinese.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The SPCA types got upset with the EXXON/ESSO "put a tiger in your tank promotion". THey were giving tiger tails away designed to hang out of your car trunk. I can just imagine the reaction to this....

In most states they have private game reserves where they escentially corrall in deer, elk, buffalo, mountain sheep etc over a couple of acres and let novice hunters shoot trophy mounts for a bounty....

If you really want to get in the media you could always go down to the local shelter with a business plan and suggest you will billet all the strays on your property and provide a lucatrive fee back to the program each time you collect a bounty from the hunter visiting your "reserve"....

Where does the NRA stand on this issue ?

Do you have to apply to get a "tag" ?

Do the butcher shops have the meat charts posted ?

Corn fed cows make better eating than grain fed ?
    So do purina fed cats taste better than mouse fed ?

Is there a separate season for male vs female ?

Whats the recommended Calibur ? I think a 30tt6 or a shotgun would leave a streak rather than a corpse.

Will Calvin Kline be doing a fall line in Kitten ?

Utopia1dc

Is there a separate season for male vs female ?
    How would you be able to tell the difference from long range while hunting it?