Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need advice on buying a Popeye Pachinko / replacing a Sammy Handle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    About LOVE LOVE OLIVE, I'm sure it's one hell'a pachinko machine, but with limited wall space and the agreement that I made with my wife to try to keep things contained in one area, I have to be very picky on my next/final couple of video game type purchases.
    As you should be
    They have a tendency to multiply
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need advice on buying a Popeye Pachinko / replacing a Sammy Handle

Yeah, for about a month I had the Popeye Pachislo on a end table next to the couch until I went to ikea and bought a shelving/bookcase (which perfectly fits 3 pachislo machines with no buckling. Highly recommend it)... she wasn't too happy about that and is greatfull that it finally made it's way upstairs. Right now she's not real keen on "our" Donkey Kong arcade machine in the dining room either but I'm going to need some help getting that in the manloft... soon.

But since my father in-law is staying with us (wife just had surgery on her leg so he's helping out), we hear him around 7am each morning playing DK and curse like Yosemite Sam every time he loses. Its a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by alphaminor View Post
    As you should be
    They have a tendency to multiply
    Last edited by The Rube; 05-28-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    WANTED LIST: Tom & Jerry Pachinko (2010). Blood+ Pachislo (2010). Woody Woodpecker Pachinko (2004). Indiana Jones Pachiko or Pachislo (2006). Ghostbusters Pachinko. Popeye Pachiko (2004). Takumi Way Pachinko (2008).

3. The following user says "Thanks" to The Rube

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's awesome!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok I'll tell the seller that I'll just have to pass on Popeye right now (hey, might lower the price) and hold out for a Tom & Jerry.
    WANTED LIST: Tom & Jerry Pachinko (2010). Blood+ Pachislo (2010). Woody Woodpecker Pachinko (2004). Indiana Jones Pachiko or Pachislo (2006). Ghostbusters Pachinko. Popeye Pachiko (2004). Takumi Way Pachinko (2008).

6. The following user says "Thanks" to The Rube

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's the link to the thread for that Ikea bookcase/shelving unit:
    A great Pachislo Stand for only $89.99 and a easy way to turn them on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Yeah, for about a month I had the Popeye Pachislo on a end table next to the couch until I went to ikea and bought a shelving/bookcase (which perfectly fits 3 pachislo machines with no buckling. Highly recommend it)... she wasn't too happy about that and is greatfull that it finally made it's way upstairs. Right now she's not real keen on "our" Donkey Kong arcade machine in the dining room either but I'm going to need some help getting that in the manloft... soon.

But since my father in-law is staying with us (wife just had surgery on her leg so he's helping out), we hear him around 7am each morning playing DK and curse like Yosemite Sam every time he loses. Its a hoot!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to The Rube

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey, nothing wrong with having games in your dining room, or any other room for that matter

I live in a small house - there's 3 pinballs and an arrangeball in my dining room, a wall mounted star wars pachinko in the living room with a mini mame underneath it, and often set up a pachinko or pachislo in the hallway from time to time, the hallway was the perfect location for CRE dongle testing (I was left in peace there )

My kitchen is well known over the years as being the testing ground for any new pachi purchases, lost count the number of times I've dumped pachinko balls out all over the kitchen floor

and I even carpeted the garage attached to the house so I can store pachislos, pachinkos and fruit machines within reach of power supplies (who puts cars in garages these days anyway??)

although must confess there are currently no pachis upstairs, there used to be the full collection of pachinkos up here, but relocated them to the 'garage' eventually, due to the fact they were blocking the wardrobes don't worry got my own back by storing all manner of little pachi treats high up in the wardrobe only downside is sometimes a stray token or pachinko ball will drop out on my toes

and oh yeah I'd LOVE a pink / purple pachinko and the Ballerina one would be so great to have

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know it's been some time since the original post, but a Popeye pachinko sold on eBay in September 2014 for $511.99 plus $138.79 shipping and it got eight bids. So it sold for a total of $650.78 including shipping. I guess it depends on where you are located, but that $250 Popeye looks like a pretty decent price these days.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need advice on buying a Popeye Pachinko / replacing a Sammy Handle

Quote Originally Posted by EenieQWolverine View Post
    I know it's been some time since the original post, but a Popeye pachinko sold on eBay in September 2014 for $511.99 plus $138.79 shipping and it got eight bids. So it sold for a total of $650.78 including shipping. I guess it depends on where you are located, but that $250 Popeye looks like a pretty decent price these days.
    Thanks for sharing!
    That's a perfect example of someone's desire for a machine vs. availability at given time,
    There is currently one for sale here locally for $150.00

Would be all over it if I didn't already have one
    Last edited by alphaminor; 11-23-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yup - You are correct. Combined with the fact that most eBay sellers refuse to offer shipping on their pachinkos or pachislos, but the ones that do seem to sell a greater percentage of their listings and get much higher prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2