Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to the forums, help with Pachinko machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to the forums, help with Pachinko machine

Quote Originally Posted by browne92 View Post
    Welcome!

If I'm not mistaken, the jackpot leaf switch is the blue box, about mid way up, to the right.

Bill
    Yep, the leafs are broken off.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can I just wire this thing up using a 9v wall wart and plug it in?

Also, can someone tell me if these are any good for wall mounting? wallmount

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use a standard 9 volt battery on all of my vintage machines, however a 9 volt wall wart will work as well.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I prefer a 9 volt battery myself. Adds no weight to the machine and lasts a fair amount of time. A 9 volt battery also eliminates the need for a fuse. A 9 volt battery doesn't have the juice to ruin any wiring.

I think My "A" bowling is tougher on batteries because I reused most of the wiring and it is much heavier gauge. I may also be getting increased resistance due to corrosion so I'm gonna try and clean up the leads to lower the resistance of the wire. I may get around to replacing the wiring with smaller gauge wire.

My first pachinko machine as a child used a big 6 volt lantern battery. Lasts much longer, but adds some weight.

I don't like wall warts because then I'm tied to an outlet. It's nice to mount the machine anywhere you want without worrying about power.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

5. The following user says "Thanks" to p.opus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    I prefer a 9 volt battery myself. Adds no weight to the machine and lasts a fair amount of time. A 9 volt battery also eliminates the need for a fuse. A 9 volt battery doesn't have the juice to ruin any wiring.

I think My "A" bowling is tougher on batteries because I reused most of the wiring and it is much heavier gauge. I may also be getting increased resistance due to corrosion so I'm gonna try and clean up the leads to lower the resistance of the wire. I may get around to replacing the wiring with smaller gauge wire.

My first pachinko machine as a child used a big 6 volt lantern battery. Lasts much longer, but adds some weight.

I don't like wall warts because then I'm tied to an outlet. It's nice to mount the machine anywhere you want without worrying about power.
    That makes a whole lot of sense. I'll just go with a 9v battery! Anyone have any thoughts of that wall mount link? Is it anyone here?
    ** Click here for Arcade Key Chains Made To Order! **

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by oldtymetoys View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts of that wall mount link? Is it anyone here?
    not sure, it seems familiar

but looking at the bottom of the webpage it says:

"This page was last updated: December 17, 2009"

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    not sure, it seems familiar

but looking at the bottom of the webpage it says:

"This page was last updated: December 17, 2009"

Good point. I'll look into it further...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A typical 9v battery has a capacity of around 300mah. So that means a 300ma draw will drain the battery in roughly an hour. A typical 12v minilamp like the ones used in our machines draws around 25ma. So a four lamp system would draw 100ma and last about 3 hours of continuous use. Since the lamps are only on for less than a second at at time, and maybe flash every ten seconds (if you have a high payout machine) the battery could last about 60 hours if it was played continuously. If it was only played one hour per day, every day, it would last two months. Of course, if it's played occasionally, it could last a year or more. (Results may vary)
    Dirty connections and corrosion can cause the current draw to increase many times over. Instead of 25ma for a bulb, it could be as much as 150ma-200ma draw. The gauge of the wire has very little influence at these short runs. Of course 18g wire will have less resistance than 22g but there won't be any noticeable difference compared to a dirty lamp socket or bad solder joint.

Sky
    Last edited by Skydanz; 05-22-2013 at 04:37 PM.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Skydanz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks a lot for your insight. I'll have to clean up all the contacts and see where that takes me.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can I just wire this thing up using a 9v wall wart and plug it in?

Also, can someone tell me if these are any good for wall mounting? wallmount
    Yes the wallwart will work no problem.

Those cabinets could be used for wall mounting (I think they have a different version for that). Though I know that some members have had communication issues with them in the past.

If you have the skill to build a cabinet I'd suggest building one similar to this. Ken's Pachinko Cab

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The two blue wires go from the jackpot leaf switch, through a hole in the plastic, up to the top area and get plugged into the wiring block.

There are three metal prongs sticking out of the wiring block surrounded by white plastic, that is where the power is applied. I think to the top two prongs. Or one can take it apart and attach wires in the back.

I might be beating a dead horse again here...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    The two blue wires go from the jackpot leaf switch, through a hole in the plastic, up to the top area and get plugged into the wiring block.

There are three metal prongs sticking out of the wiring block surrounded by white plastic, that is where the power is applied. I think to the top two prongs. Or one can take it apart and attach wires in the back.

I might be beating a dead horse again here...
    Those blue wires were throwing me off. One has been cut way short and has a QD on the end. The other is long enough to reach that leaf switch, but it was cut prior and then extended again with shrink tubing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok guys, just this morning my machine is no longer paying out. When the ball gets to the seesaw thingy it's not tipping it enough to roll down. I'm sure this is an easy fix but I can't seem to correct it...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you moved the machine? If so check to see that it is level. Probably not the case with your machine and I am embarrassed to say why I bring this up, but if you read this thread, you will understand.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...r-flash-2.html

Problem is first brought up around post #26 and solved around post # 47
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

one problem with thouse comet machines is dirty pivot points... ya might have to take it apart and start cleaning the piviot points...

when there working there great machines... when there not working there a pain in the ace
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check out this video!

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    one problem with thouse comet machines is dirty pivot points... ya might have to take it apart and start cleaning the piviot points...

when there working there great machines... when there not working there a pain in the ace
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Check out this video!

Thanks fellas! Got it working after cleaning it well. Got it all wired up too. It's pretty underwhelming when it lights. . Another question, before when it paid out- it shot balls out to both troughs. Now it only pays out to the top trough. Is this is correct?

23. The following user says "Thanks" to oldtymetoys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now it only pays out to the top trough. Is this is correct?

Yes, that is correct. If the top tray becomes too full, payouts will redirect to the lower tray. However, normally they should all go to the top tray. You probably had some payouts falling down the overflow chute due to a dirty machine. I know my Nishijin A had several balls redirecting themselves to the lower tray during a payout. Once I cleaned my machine, it's now paying out normally.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, that is correct. If the top tray becomes too full, payouts will redirect to the lower tray. However, normally they should all go to the top tray. You probably had some payouts falling down the overflow chute due to a dirty machine. I know my Nishijin A had several balls redirecting themselves to the lower tray during a payout. Once I cleaned my machine, it's now paying out normally.
    Awesome- thanks!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks fellas! Got it working after cleaning it well. Got it all wired up too. It's pretty underwhelming when it lights.
    Yeah, Vintage Pachinko machines were never really exciting when it came to lighting. My Model A had a single bulb in the center feature. Someone on this forum showed a modification which puts an extra light above the Jackpot supply seesaw so the window where the balls are light up too. I added this to my machine as well, just to add some more light when a win occurred. It adds to the win but still keeps with the vintage feel of the machine.

The 80's saw a big increase in "eye candy" on Pachinko machines. Modern machines now are all about "eye candy" including large LCD screens and animatronics. They are sexy, but when they break down, there's little that can be done.

I like vintages because you can almost always get them working somehow. You could always do what some people do and add LED light strips around the face of the unit to add more flash. I prefer the simplicity, but to each their own.

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to p.opus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast